7 replies to this topic

#1 TryingForOur2ndChild

TryingForOur2ndChild
  • Global 100+
  • 791 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:16 PM

Hi Ladies!

I'm going in for my first FET tomorrow and wanted to ask for any suggestions that you feel might have helped with you getting your BFP or anything in particular your clinic said you should or shouldn't do. Any suggestions are welcomed! 

Thanks!  :)

See full journey details on my profile:

About Us:

​Trying to conceive since 2013 (male factor); Me: 39 yrs old; DH: 37 yrs old; low testosterone; very low sperm count; on Clomid for testosterone

~ 2014 ~ IVF Cycle #1:

Cycle Info:

- Antagonist protocol

- Retrieval: 22 eggs retrieved; 8 injected (ICSI); 6 fertilized; 4 embryos divided - 2 embryos are 4 cell grade 1, 1 embryo is 5 cell grade 2, and 1 embryo is 8 cell grade 2

FET #1 - medicated cycle (2014)

- transferred two day-3s: one 10 cell grade 1 and one 12 cell grade 2; Beta: BFN; approved to do a natural FET next time

FET #2 - Non-medicated cycle (2014)

- added Teva-Doxycycline 100mg (antibiotic) started one day before procedure: 1 tab 2xdaily until finished) 

- transferred two day-3 embies (1 is 10 cell grade 2 and 1 is 12 cell grade 2); took 1 tab of Apo-Diazepam (valium) 5mg 45mins before FET        

​- HPT = th_abfp.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifth_abfp.gif  Welcomed our little babygirl.gif in summer of 2015

~ 2016/17IVF Cycle #2: Project Sibling

Cycle Info:

Oct. 29: Retrieval - 23 eggs retrieved; will be a freeze all cycle

Nov. 2: Dostinex 0.5mg every other day for a total of 8 days has started to alleviate OHSS 

Nov. 4: Day 6 report: 5 embryos on ice... yay! 4 day-5s (4AA and 3 are 4BC quality) and 1 day-6 (5BC quality)

FET #1 - Non-medicated cycle (2017)

Feb. 6: start Teva-Doxycycline antibiotic100mg one day before procedure
Feb. 7: scheduled transfer at 11:45am; 1 tab of Apo-Diazepam (valium) 5mg taken 45mins before transfer; transfer of one 4AA blast

Feb.20: BETA - BFN; approved to go right into another natural FET with no cycle in between

FET #2 - Non-medicated cycle (2017)

Feb.24: CD3 - u/s and b/w= nothing said about lining; E2 19, LH 4.4 IU/L, FSH 6.6 IU/L, Prolactin 8.1 Ng/mL, TSH 2.22 IU/L, Progesterone 1.6 nmol/L, Glucose 4.1 - I requested (norm is 3.6-7.7); back on CD15; acupuncture 2x weekly until fet to try and bring on LH surge sooner than CD17.

Mar.6: OPK positive in the evening so looks like I will be going into the clinic tomorrow

Mar.7: CD14 - u/s and b/w= 11mm triple lining; E2 712, LH 32 IU/L

Mar.8: CD15 - b/w= confirmed LH surge was yesterday; E2 343, LH 8.12 IU/L; start Endometrin 3x/daily

Mar.11: start Doxycycline antibiotic 100mg (8 pills total) one day before procedure: 1 tab 2xdaily until finished

Mar.12: scheduled transfer at 10am of one 4BA blast; 1 tab of Apo-Diazepam (valium) 5mg taken 45mins before transfer

Mar.23: HPT = th_abfp.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifth_abfp.gif

​Mar.25: Beta #1= 788 hcg, Progesterone 107 nmol/L; RE happy with results so skipping beta #2 and going right to u/s

​Apr.4: had light bleeding last night so went to clinic where they did an u/s; too early to really see much but did see a gestational sac; u/s moved from Apr.8th to 15th

Apr.18: First u/s scheduled (at 8 wks).... omg there are twins!!! One had a heartbeat of 140 and the other only 80 so being referred to the head OB of internal fetal medicine as it looks like I may have a vanishing twin which RE said 50% of twins go down to one before the 2nd trimester.

#2 Red Wine

Red Wine
  • Cyclebase
  • 2692 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:28 PM

After my transfer I rested that day and watched funny TV shows. I think laughing is beneficial to the process. I maintained my same routine pretty much for the most part. I only drank one cup of coffee per week and I even had some wine in the TWW. 

The really important thing is to make sure you have a chromosomally correct blast/embryo and you probably don't know that unless you've had your blasts/embryos tested.

Best of luck.

• CdnHockeyGal, ENF and FourEyes like this

See about me page.

#3 TryingForOur2ndChild

TryingForOur2ndChild
  • Global 100+
  • 791 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:09 PM

Thanks Red Wine.... no we didn't get our embryos tested. We only plan on doing that IF we need to do further cycles and if it's suggested.

• iheartmemories likes this

See full journey details on my profile:

About Us:

​Trying to conceive since 2013 (male factor); Me: 39 yrs old; DH: 37 yrs old; low testosterone; very low sperm count; on Clomid for testosterone

~ 2014 ~ IVF Cycle #1:

Cycle Info:

- Antagonist protocol

- Retrieval: 22 eggs retrieved; 8 injected (ICSI); 6 fertilized; 4 embryos divided - 2 embryos are 4 cell grade 1, 1 embryo is 5 cell grade 2, and 1 embryo is 8 cell grade 2

FET #1 - medicated cycle (2014)

- transferred two day-3s: one 10 cell grade 1 and one 12 cell grade 2; Beta: BFN; approved to do a natural FET next time

FET #2 - Non-medicated cycle (2014)

- added Teva-Doxycycline 100mg (antibiotic) started one day before procedure: 1 tab 2xdaily until finished) 

- transferred two day-3 embies (1 is 10 cell grade 2 and 1 is 12 cell grade 2); took 1 tab of Apo-Diazepam (valium) 5mg 45mins before FET        

​- HPT = th_abfp.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifth_abfp.gif  Welcomed our little babygirl.gif in summer of 2015

~ 2016/17IVF Cycle #2: Project Sibling

Cycle Info:

Oct. 29: Retrieval - 23 eggs retrieved; will be a freeze all cycle

Nov. 2: Dostinex 0.5mg every other day for a total of 8 days has started to alleviate OHSS 

Nov. 4: Day 6 report: 5 embryos on ice... yay! 4 day-5s (4AA and 3 are 4BC quality) and 1 day-6 (5BC quality)

FET #1 - Non-medicated cycle (2017)

Feb. 6: start Teva-Doxycycline antibiotic100mg one day before procedure
Feb. 7: scheduled transfer at 11:45am; 1 tab of Apo-Diazepam (valium) 5mg taken 45mins before transfer; transfer of one 4AA blast

Feb.20: BETA - BFN; approved to go right into another natural FET with no cycle in between

FET #2 - Non-medicated cycle (2017)

Feb.24: CD3 - u/s and b/w= nothing said about lining; E2 19, LH 4.4 IU/L, FSH 6.6 IU/L, Prolactin 8.1 Ng/mL, TSH 2.22 IU/L, Progesterone 1.6 nmol/L, Glucose 4.1 - I requested (norm is 3.6-7.7); back on CD15; acupuncture 2x weekly until fet to try and bring on LH surge sooner than CD17.

Mar.6: OPK positive in the evening so looks like I will be going into the clinic tomorrow

Mar.7: CD14 - u/s and b/w= 11mm triple lining; E2 712, LH 32 IU/L

Mar.8: CD15 - b/w= confirmed LH surge was yesterday; E2 343, LH 8.12 IU/L; start Endometrin 3x/daily

Mar.11: start Doxycycline antibiotic 100mg (8 pills total) one day before procedure: 1 tab 2xdaily until finished

Mar.12: scheduled transfer at 10am of one 4BA blast; 1 tab of Apo-Diazepam (valium) 5mg taken 45mins before transfer

Mar.23: HPT = th_abfp.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifth_abfp.gif

​Mar.25: Beta #1= 788 hcg, Progesterone 107 nmol/L; RE happy with results so skipping beta #2 and going right to u/s

​Apr.4: had light bleeding last night so went to clinic where they did an u/s; too early to really see much but did see a gestational sac; u/s moved from Apr.8th to 15th

Apr.18: First u/s scheduled (at 8 wks).... omg there are twins!!! One had a heartbeat of 140 and the other only 80 so being referred to the head OB of internal fetal medicine as it looks like I may have a vanishing twin which RE said 50% of twins go down to one before the 2nd trimester.

#4 iheartmemories

iheartmemories
  • Global 100+
  • 400 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:NCCRM

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:36 AM

icon_stickyvibespink.gif  GOOD LUCK TODAY!!!!!! icon_stickyvibespink.gif

I want to hear you are PREGNANT soon!!!!! preggo.gif  th_abfp.gif preggo.gif

Angela (36) and James (43)

Mia (9)

TTC # 2 via IVF Tubal Factor & Male Factor IF

Egg Retrieval

August 6, 2014

10 eggs / 8 mature / 6 fertilized

By day 5 and 6, four embryos made it to blast stage

FET #1 (Day 5 Blasts), failed icon_speech_sigh.gif 

FET # 2 (Day 6 Blasts), June 2015 eusa_pray.gif 

FET #2 Protocol:

BCP for 14-15 Days (start on June 1, 2015)

Endometrium Scratch & Saline Ultrasound (Day 12 while on BCP)

Estrogen Patches, PIO, Medrol, Aspirin, Prenatals, Vitamin D

Accupuncture

Transfer Date:   July 7, 2015

Beta Blood Test:  July 21, 2015

BFP ++++

babygirl.gif  Ava Marie due March 21, 2016 babygirl.gif 

FIND ME ON INSTAGRAM | angelamtonkin

BAAMm5.png

#5 FourEyes

FourEyes
  • Global 100+
  • 246 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:03 AM

What about sex?  My clinic told me we could have sex after 24 hours from transfer but I see other people on the forum saying no during the tww, no until the ultrasounds? 

Me 31 32 DH 32 33 ajigl.gif

dx-DOR, AMH 8.1 (Canadian scale)

see my about me page for more details

#6 Crazy

Crazy
  • 1000+
  • 2146 posts
  • Interests:Cooking (and eating!), hiking, camping, exercise, reading, gardening.
  • My Clinic:RFP - Calgary

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:20 AM

As long as you feel up to it physically you can do pretty much what ever you want during the 2ww. Just don't use hot tubs.
  • mouse likes this

#7 farmwife

farmwife
  • Global 100+
  • 579 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Edmonton

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:12 AM

Do whatever it is that you need to do to keep yourself happy. I did acupuncture throughout my IVF/FET cycles, was this what led me to my BFP? I don't know, but it made me feel like I was doing what I felt was right. When I left the clinic after my transfer they told me that if I felt like hanging upside down from the rafters would give me an edge then to do it, if I felt like watching moves on the couch then do that (I went with this option!).

Good luck!!!
  • mouse likes this
~ Sometimes even the most dusty of dirt roads lead to the most beautiful scenery~ Journey details in 'About Me'

#8 mouse

mouse

Honorary PhD

• Super Moderator
  • 7477 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:BKK/KWI/JHFC

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:44 AM

Most of the "Dos and Don'ts" are suggested so that you 1. feel like you have some part to play (at this point it's pretty much up to the embryo) and 2. don't blame yourself should things not go the way you hope.

So even though there is research suggesting that both sex and being active go along with better IVF results, many clinics and people in general will say "rest" and don't have sex until xyz (often the first u/s; sometimes 12 weeks). That way if things go badly, you won't feel quite as much as if it was your 'fault' or something you did/didn't do that caused the failure. Go with your gut and take the path of least regret. 

Fingers crossed!

• ENF likes this
The plural of anecdote is not data.

Charity gives a meal; justice provides a place at the table.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fet, 2ww, ivf, bfp