intralipids vancouver donor eggs

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Lola9

Lola9
  • 11 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:47 PM

I'm going overseas for IVF and the clinic offers intralipids before the treatment. I need to get two more treatments after if I get a BFP. The only place I've been able to find that has this is Olive Fertility and then want an extra $500 just to set me up as a patient plus the cost of each treatment even though I had an IUI there last year. All I need is the intralipids, no other service. Has anybody else in the Vancouver area had intralipids anywhere else in the area? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

#2 BCgirl

BCgirl
  • Cyclebase
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors
    Travelling
    Cooking
    Snuggling up with a good book
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Kelowna and Genesis

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:28 PM

I look forward to the reply on this as well as I am also in BC and considering oversees IVF with Intralipids. Wishing you success in your upcoming cycle.

Me 37 Hx of Graves hyperthyroid
DH 46 Hx of Grade 4 varicocoele-repaired

3 IUI w/ Clomid 3 chemical pregnancies

1 IVF BFN
Fet x2  BFN

Trying to  accept child-free life

#3 waitingforbfp

waitingforbfp
  • Global 100+
  • 469 posts
  • My Clinic:KRF/Olive

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:58 AM

Check into the private surgical centers. I go for intrillipids also (go for round 2 before my FET tomorrow). I do go to Olive though but through their satellite clinic in Kelowna so intrillipids are done in Kelowna for me. I go to the Surgical Centre (where they do the boob jobs, butt lifts etc). I pay roughly $350 per treatment. 

#4 mountainchick

mountainchick
  • Global 100+
  • 614 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:46 AM

I live in BC and my clinic is in Victoria. My local GP set up my intralipid infusions at my local hospital. I had my clinic send me the protocol and consent form. My local hospital does many types of infusions and because intralipids are low risk and a protein/egg material my GP felt comfortable setting up the lipid treatment for me. If the hospital would have had an issue, my GP would have done it herself at my local medical clinic.

Good luck!

TTC since I was 28; Started fertility treatments at 35.

Dx: Male factor, Hashimotos, fibroids

April 2011-13 eggs retrieved: all dead except 1 immature egg that was ICSI'd; no embryos to transfer

Switched from Calgary RFP to VFC

IVF#2: November 2012, donor egg cycle- chemical pregnancy

FET#1: Feb 2013- m/c @ 6 weeks

Sept 2013: Abdominal myomectomy done. Giant fibroids removed with my uterus intact! I love Dr. Allaire!

January 2014: Surrogacy- FET cycle, BFN.

FET#2: May 2014-BFP

May 26 beta=335,  May 28 beta=812, May 30 beta=2004          

Baby girl born January 2015 heart.gif

#5 mountainchick

mountainchick
  • Global 100+
  • 614 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:47 AM

I should also mention that they didn't charge me anything for the lipid infusions. I brought back my lipids from VFC for infusion in my home town.

April 2011-13 eggs retrieved: all dead except 1 immature egg that was ICSI'd; no embryos to transfer

Sept 2013: Abdominal myomectomy done. Giant fibroids removed with my uterus intact! I love Dr. Allaire!

#6 Lola9

Lola9
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:58 PM

Thanks for the information ladies! Mountainchick, that's very helpful. I'm going to ask my GP if he can set this up for me too. How much did you have to pay for the lipids at VFC?

#7 mountainchick

mountainchick
  • Global 100+
  • 614 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:18 AM

Actually, to my surprise they didn't charge me for them. They charge 200$ if you get the infusion done at the clinic, so i am guessing the intralipids are inexpensive. You can also have your RE give your pharmacy a prescription and they can likely order them in for you. It comes in a 500 ml bag but you only need to use a 100 ml of the lipid for the infusion. They mix it with saline solution at the hospital.

#8 Lola9

Lola9
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:51 PM

Did you go to Emergency to get it done or a day clinic? I talked to the 811 Nurse Line and she seemed to think I'd have to go to Emergency and have to pay the fees. My neighbor is a nurse. I'm thinking about asking her to just come to my house in do it. Do you think that would be an easy thing for her to do?

#9 mountainchick

mountainchick
  • Global 100+
  • 614 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:24 PM

I spoke with the head nurse at the hospital to coordinate a date. My GP then did a up an outpatient order form so that the hospital new I was coming for treatment. I gave the nurse my protocol and they did the infusion in the emergency ward. It got busy so then they moved me around and ended up in a comfy chair in the maternity ward :)

The nurses did all my of my infusions at the hospital so I am sure your nurse friend is capable. Not sure about what sort of arrangements you need to make with the nurse- ie consent form etc. I have read blogs of some girls in the states hiring nurses to do infusions in their home... But there may be liabilities if something goes wrong, or allergic reaction etc and you might need treatment. They monitor you quite closely when getting the infusion. Since your RE is giving you the prescription, he might want reassurance or documentation that you are getting the infusion done under the care if a doctor or health care professional. Sorry I am not much help on that one!

#10 Lola9

Lola9
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:05 AM

Thanks Mountainchick,

I'd much rather get the infusion in a clinic. Hopefully my doctor will help me do this. Last resort I'll get my neighbor to do it. I'm not far from the US border. I may call around to see if I can get it done there if my doctor isn't helpful. 

• mountainchick likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: intralipids, vancouver, donor eggs