First off I'm so sorry to hear of everything you are going through. Deciding to go through with fertility treatment really is a huge pill to swallow. I'm sorry that I can't answer your question about low ovarian reserve but I could maybe shed some light on the other part of your question.
I can relate to you delaying everything to focus on your career. Even though I am now 36 and married at 30 we decided to hold off for a family because I was focusing on my career which I know I would have never gotten to where I am now if I would have started a family in my early 30s. It wasn't until this time last year when I was your age that we found out about our severe male factor issues after trying for over 6 months. I was absolutely devistated and really couldn't wrap my head around the path we would probably have to take. On top of that my DHs job was somewhat unstable which it's gotten better but still not hugely stable and to add to that there has been talks of job cuts at my work in the near future.
After my DH and I exhausted all avenues on his side of things and knew our only option would be IVF with ICSI we had our first freeze all IVF cycle this past June after exploring all our options, getting all the testing done and choosing the right clinic for us. We decided to go ahead with things no matter what because like our clinic said, if we delay much longer not only will we have to tend to my DHs infertility issues which will continute to get worse but we will also have my fertility working against us. We just decided that we 'put off' having a family earlier for reasons we thought was right though I try not to think about things with regards to IF we would do anything different because I can't change the past, but I will say I didn't think twice about moving forward to ensure we didn't delay our family a second time.
No matter what only you and your DH can determine what is best for you both emotionally and financially... and it's not an easy decision. I guess you might want to ask yourself that IF you delay your treatment at what point in a job would you feel comfortable in moving forward in your treatment and would you be accepting if worst case your fertility has gotten worse. Only that is something you can answer.
To answer your stress question.... I'm naturally a high stress person and an a-type personality so I think things through which in turn can cause alot of added stress. I know what small things I have in my life that helps me unwind and destress and have made a point in ensuring I make them a part of my daily life...I know people may not understand and in fact they may think it's selfish of me to do so but the way I look at it is that I'm doing it not only for me but for my DH, our situaiton and our unborn child, so I'm already tending to my health like I would if I was pregnant.... we go through so much emotionally and financially during IVF it would be a shame not to tend to your emotional needs whenever possible during such a stressful time.
Wishing you all the best in your decision.
See full journey details on my profile:
Trying to conceive since 2013 (male factor); Me: 39 yrs old; DH: 37 yrs old; low testosterone; very low sperm count; on Clomid for testosterone
~ 2014 ~ IVF Cycle #1:
- Antagonist protocol
- Retrieval: 22 eggs retrieved; 8 injected (ICSI); 6 fertilized; 4 embryos divided - 2 embryos are 4 cell grade 1, 1 embryo is 5 cell grade 2, and 1 embryo is 8 cell grade 2
FET #1 - medicated cycle (2014)
- transferred two day-3s: one 10 cell grade 1 and one 12 cell grade 2; Beta: BFN; approved to do a natural FET next time
FET #2 - Non-medicated cycle (2014)
- added Teva-Doxycycline 100mg (antibiotic) started one day before procedure: 1 tab 2xdaily until finished)
- transferred two day-3 embies (1 is 10 cell grade 2 and 1 is 12 cell grade 2); took 1 tab of Apo-Diazepam (valium) 5mg 45mins before FET
- HPT = Welcomed our little in summer of 2015
~ 2016/17 ~ IVF Cycle #2: Project Sibling
Oct. 29: Retrieval - 23 eggs retrieved; will be a freeze all cycle
Nov. 2: Dostinex 0.5mg every other day for a total of 8 days has started to alleviate OHSS
Nov. 4: Day 6 report: 5 embryos on ice... yay! 4 day-5s (4AA and 3 are 4BC quality) and 1 day-6 (5BC quality)
FET #1 - Non-medicated cycle (2017)
Feb. 6: start Teva-Doxycycline antibiotic100mg one day before procedure
Feb. 7: scheduled transfer at 11:45am; 1 tab of Apo-Diazepam (valium) 5mg taken 45mins before transfer; transfer of one 4AA blast
Feb.20: BETA - BFN; approved to go right into another natural FET with no cycle in between
FET #2 - Non-medicated cycle (2017)
Feb.24: CD3 - u/s and b/w= nothing said about lining; E2 19, LH 4.4 IU/L, FSH 6.6 IU/L, Prolactin 8.1 Ng/mL, TSH 2.22 IU/L, Progesterone 1.6 nmol/L, Glucose 4.1 - I requested (norm is 3.6-7.7); back on CD15; acupuncture 2x weekly until fet to try and bring on LH surge sooner than CD17.
Mar.6: OPK positive in the evening so looks like I will be going into the clinic tomorrow
Mar.7: CD14 - u/s and b/w= 11mm triple lining; E2 712, LH 32 IU/L
Mar.8: CD15 - b/w= confirmed LH surge was yesterday; E2 343, LH 8.12 IU/L; start Endometrin 3x/daily
Mar.11: start Doxycycline antibiotic 100mg (8 pills total) one day before procedure: 1 tab 2xdaily until finished
Mar.12: scheduled transfer at 10am of one 4BA blast; 1 tab of Apo-Diazepam (valium) 5mg taken 45mins before transfer
Mar.23: HPT =
Mar.25: Beta #1= 788 hcg, Progesterone 107 nmol/L; RE happy with results so skipping beta #2 and going right to u/s
Apr.4: had light bleeding last night so went to clinic where they did an u/s; too early to really see much but did see a gestational sac; u/s moved from Apr.8th to 15th
Apr.18: First u/s scheduled (at 8 wks).... omg there are twins!!! One had a heartbeat of 140 and the other only 80 so being referred to the head OB of internal fetal medicine as it looks like I may have a vanishing twin which RE said 50% of twins go down to one before the 2nd trimester.