5 replies to this topic

#1 liddo9

liddo9
  • 21 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Ottawa fertility clinic

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:38 PM

Hey Everyone!

I have been contemplating buying the ovacue monitor. All the reviews I had read online were pretty good. I was just wondering if anyone here had any personal experience with it. If so how do you like it? was it easy to use? dont like it etc...Thanks for all the help much appreciated!! 

http://www.fairhavenhealth.com/ovacue-bundle.html

xo

Me:28

DH:27

TTC:2012

DX:Male factor poor morphology

OFC: After all testing was completed on both of us, throughout jan-may 2014 male factor was the cause. Was told only option was IVF if we ever wanted a chance of conceiving. Was very upset with results.  cry.gif  Dr also then recommended DH to take supplements and vitamins to see if this would improve morphology and maybe attempt IUI sometime in the fall.

July 22/14 After 2 months on fertilaid for him we got a BFP th_abfp.gif ( miracle)

AUG 31/14 6 week ultrasound everything looks good so far BPM 100preggo.gif 

Sep 9th/14 Will be 12 weeks..fingers crossed!

#2 liddo9

liddo9
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:01 PM

looks like no one has it!? lol cry.gif icon_speech_sigh.gif

OFC: After all testing was completed on both of us, throughout jan-may 2014 male factor was the cause. Was told only option was IVF if we ever wanted a chance of conceiving. Was very upset with results.  cry.gif  Dr also then recommended DH to take supplements and vitamins to see if this would improve morphology and maybe attempt IUI sometime in the fall.

July 22/14 After 2 months on fertilaid for him we got a BFP th_abfp.gif ( miracle)

#3 Merry33

Merry33
  • 1000+
  • 1208 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:22 PM

I'd assume most people on here have no use for it anymore because it's fairly useless if you do fertility treatments ;) I used to have the clearblue one and didn't find it all too useful as it doesn't work all that well if a woman doesn't have "average-type" cycles.

#4 juice

juice
  • Global 100+
  • 542 posts
  • Interests:Getting pregnant!! Used to have others, can't remember lol.
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:08 AM

looks like no one has it!? lol cry.gif icon_speech_sigh.gif

I used the ovacue for almost two years. It didn't help me get pregnant, because I'm old. I already have regular cycles, and peeing on ovulation sticks was just as effective for pinpointing my ovulation times. The sticks and the ovacue matched up perfectly. I think it's only really useful for people who have irregular periods and who don't know when they ovulate. I was over 40 when I started and desperate for help of any kind. You are young, and if you have irregular cycles it might help shed some light on when you ovulate and when to have sex. I strongly believe all the positive reviews on the site are from young women who are already fertile and would've gotten pregnant without it anyway. I read ALL the reviews before I bought it. If you have $350 to burn, go ahead. It could be your lucky charm.

I don't know what your IF issues are but age isn't one of them. I actually sold my ovacue to a  woman who is my age, 45, and it hasn't helped her at all.

My opinion! Hope it helps! Probably doesn't...lol... 

me - 45.5, husband - 43.5

1 natural pregnancy but m/c in June 2011

7 failed IUIs, 3 medicated and 4 non-medicated, all BFN

I was a poor responder to the meds, only produced 1 viable egg so I'm not a candidate for IVF

Suffering  deeply, watching all my friends get pregnant and raise kids.

No one in my immediate circle of friends and family who has gone through this so forums are amazingly helpful.

Dec 2013 - have chosen a donor with San Diego Fertility Center and have begun the process. If all goes well we'll get me preggo in April 2014. IF all goes well... 

It DIDN'T go well - our donor failed her genetic testing. It took MORE exhausting searches 24/7 to find another we liked, and finally she's passed and good to go. IF all goes well we'll go down to SDFC mid-June 2014 for the egg transfer and get me pregnant..if all goes well...if... if... if... so many letdowns cannot allow me to be hopeful, just wait and see...

June 2014 Went to SDFC, everything went smoothly. Well, kind of...family stuff... but transfer went well

July 16 2014 did blood test...BFP th_abfp.gif Wow. First time, feeling a lot emotions and crying uncontrollably for last 48 hours.

Hoping it sticks. That's all for now.

Aug 11 first u/s - TWINS. omg....good size, good heartbeat. I'm terrified.

#5 liddo9

liddo9
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:39 PM

Thanks for the help! Yes the more I read your post the m ore it made sense. I dont need one of those I do ovulate usually around the same time I will just go back to the cheap sticks. Was having a desperate moment. ITS CRAZY what you will do to have a child.

Thanks again!

• gibasgirl likes this

#6 lesley1978

lesley1978
  • Global 100+
  • 344 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:30 PM

I used the clearblue one ages ago, it did not mix with pcos. I would go by dr tests rather buying the other.
  • Merry33 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ovulation, predictions