Preparing for IVF

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 11:44 PM

Hello all,

This is my first post. I am 25, and dh is 43. We have been trying to conceive for 3 years now, and I would never have guessed that I would be preparing for IVF at such a young age. It has been a long and frustrating journey to get to this point. After a d&c hist to remove polyps and clear blocked tubes, my gyno said I should be pregnant wthin 3 months. Three months came and went, and still no bfp. We were referred to a reproductive endocrinologist at the IWK, and she started me on clomid right away. After completing 4 months of clomid therapy, I had enough. The side effects were unbearable, and we discovered that our infertility is linked to a sperm motility problem. So I will be starting IVF in November. I'm looking for some friendly support to get through this. I am a Registered Nurse, and I can't wait to be on the receiving end of labour and delivery ;-)

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:24 PM

Hi amt

I too am preparing for IVF. I never thought that I would be going this route either... but here I am. I'm 36 on the edge of 37. When my partner and I made the decision I felt extremely overwhelmed but now I've calmed down considerably! It's great that you are a nurse... it must be a bit easier to sift through all of the info. I have really relied on my nurse friends to help me understand things and make decisions.

Coco

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 08:03 PM

Hi amt

I too am preparing for IVF. I never thought that I would be going this route either... but here I am. I'm 36 on the edge of 37. When my partner and I made the decision I felt extremely overwhelmed but now I've calmed down considerably! It's great that you are a nurse... it must be a bit easier to sift through all of the info. I have really relied on my nurse friends to help me understand things and make decisions.

Coco

Good luck to you! Let me know about your progress, and if there is anything I can do to help. Hang in there!