- - - - -

PCRM anyone out there?

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 05:03 PM

Glad your U/S went well Rayoflight. It really is amazing. My GP sent me for an U/S immediately after my appointment because of the bleeding. According to the U/S tech. the baby is fine (measurements, heartbeat, etc.) but I have a large pool of blood just above the gestational sac. I don't know the importance of this. I still haven't heard from my doctor but everything is so slow in my little town. I'm just taking it easy. The bright red bleeding and clotting has stopped and now I'm just spotting. I'm hoping that this situation will 'fix' itself since there isn't anything that can be done. Hopefully the fact that I haven't heard from my doctor is a good thing.

During all of this I totally forgot to take my Prometrium. Ally, do you know what to do about a missed dose? I sent an email to the clinic but haven't had a reply yet.

Talk to you soon....

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 06:53 PM

Coco,

How totally stressful, were you given any direction to be on bed rest? I hope you have heard from the Doctor at this time. I hope it passes on its own. I will be keeping my fingers crossed, let me know when you have heard something.

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:04 PM

Coco......

I am thinking of you.... I hope you are doing ok.

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 01:43 AM

Hi Girls,
Rayoflight I hope you are doing well and feeling ok? Sorry I have been out of touch with the computer the last few days as I am helping plan my girlfriends wedding. Great way to stay busy. Coco I appologise for not responding sooner but I am sure you already got the correct answer as of now regarding the prometrium. I hope everything is ok? When you are up to it please check in, just know that I am thinking of you. Oh my goodness Rayoflight I missed the message or did not read properly about the ultrasound, I am glad it went well. Ok girls, take care,

Ally

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:46 PM

Hi Guys

Thanks so much for all of your concern. I still haven't heard from my doctor... there has been a major influenza outbreak at our hospital and it is really throwing everyone for a loop. My follow up U/S has been cancelled, on and on it goes. I feel okay all bleeding, spotting, etc. has stopped which is good. I'm just taking it easy and trying really hard not to worry. This last episode really freaked me out because I sincerely thought that I had miscarried... thankfully that was not the case.

Well Ally, it's nice to see a post from you. I hope that your wedding planning is going well. I've never assisted anyone in this dept, it must be fun.

And Rayoflight... how are you feeling these days? When is your due date? Keep us posted!

Coco

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 11:06 AM

So nice to hear from you Coco, and nice to hear the bleeding has settled down. I am feeling good, just totally exhausted at night. I only have a low grade nausea, and a little light headiness. I feel pretty lucky.My pants are getting tight, but still fit and I hoping to keep them until 12-14 weeks.... when I will tell everyone.

I was would be 8 weeks and three days today so my estimated due date is probably around October 16.. When is yours?

Ally, planning a wedding is so stressful you are a great friend. When is it? I was so happy when mine was over.. Our one year anniversary is coming up on April 1....

Talk soon..

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 10:32 PM

Hey guys... how is everyone doing?

I had my first ob/gyn appt. today, it went well. I am going to have another ultrasound at week 13 as I have a odd cervix and he wants to make sure it is ok..

My husband and I are headed to Vancouver Island for our anniversary to Victoria and then up the island... we are looking forward to it, we leave April 1...

I hope you both are doing well and would love to hear from you guys...

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 10:47 PM

Sorry what is pcrm?
Thanks I guess this is new.??

coco,

I am glad you have had your consultation and liked the Dr. Let me know what you think of Genesis....

Allybally I am so happy to hear that you have had a postive response with PCRM and have found them to be supportive, you sound like you have had no issues with them. I hope my expereince was a misunderstanding and we can go forward . Are they your first clinic? I am new to the whole concept of IVF and wish you the best of luck in this process.
rayoflight

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:05 AM

PCRM is Pacific Center for Reproductive medicine, it is in Burnaby BC. It is a pretty new clinic with great technology...

Let me know if you have more questions,
rayoflight

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 02:02 AM

Hello there Girls,

Hope all is well with both of you? Rayoflight, I am glad your first appointment went well for you guys
and that you are feeling okay.............. Coco I sure hope you are good, haven't heard from ya in a while. Okay so I will be away all weekend at the wedding and all that jazz so I will check in soon, have a great weekend!!!!!!!!

Take Care,
Ally

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 07:48 PM

Happy Easter Girls, hope the Easter Bunny is good to ya's!!!!!!!!!!!
Just been so extremely busy, we have just purchased a house with my in laws so times here have been a bit crazy. First looking for a place and then all the final paper work and all that stuff. We don't move until
June 1st, but I am freaking out with all the packing things to do. Rayoflight hope all is well with ya and that ya had a great anniversary getaway. Coco I have not forgot about you and I will call as soon as things settle down here, it seems everynight there is something going on. No big plans for us right now as this is going to be a big adjustment for all of us, so maybe we will re-evaluate more in the summer, it has been so nice to be just a normal couple these last few months. Take care both of you,

Love Allison :eggchick:

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:10 PM

Well Congrats on the house Ally! Not much is new with me. I'm still hanging on... despite what the doctor predicted! And Rayoflight- how are you doing? I hope that you both are well. Take care. I hope that we can get this thread going again. Miss you both!
Coco

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:22 PM

Hey there guys...

We just got back from our vacation on the Island, a few days in Victoria and then in Courtenay/ Comox.. A wonderful anniversary.
Congratulations on the house Ally how amazing in today's market, are you still in Burnaby? Coco keep hanging in there I have faith.

I am feeling good and starting to show, a little sooner than I thought... I had the fist trimester screening and the estimated risk was great however my PAPP-A blood came back low, so making me at risk for hypertension and low gestational with... I hope everything is ok...

Talk soon

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:24 PM

Rayoflight, I hope that everything is okay too! I just had my first trimester screening but have not received the results, they said it will take about 2 weeks!!! I don't know much about PAPP-A levels. But you feel fine right? The baby is measuring fine, good heartbeat, etc.? Keep us posted.

Coco

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 09:11 PM

Hey Coco,

I do feel fine, in fact I feel great, just a little tired at night. I am showing a little bit I ma kind of surprised, I have had to tell work.
The baby is measuring fine and with the measurements for the screening he/she was great. I saw my Doctor on Friday and he assures me it may indicate problems, as well bit Dr. Seethram says 70% of women go on to have no problem and 30& have some issues, such as hypertension and low gestational weight..

But the bottom line I feel good and we will just keep monitoring..

Ally please keep us posted on the house..

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:39 PM

Hey guys...

I know the post is dead but if you are checking .. Hi how is everyone doing? My computer crashed and I have lost my email addresses so if you see this Coco and Ally please email me..

I am doing good, 21 weeks pregnant but had some severe pain the other day for a few days and my fibroids have grown with my uterus and are causing some abdominal pain... but it has settled the last few days..

I hope to hear from you guys..

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:02 PM

Hello!

I still do check this thread from time to time. I must say that I miss you both!!! Rayoflight - I will email you and Ally... if you are ever around pls. get in contact with us!!! Hope you are well.

Coco

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 02:03 AM

Hi ladies,

I'm new here and came on specificaly looking for info about IVF and this clinic. Im not sure if anyone still checks back here from time to time, but it would be great if you could help me with a few questions! :)

I am getting a referral in september to the clinic of my choice either Calgary or Burnaby. I have heard great things about both. I know Calgary has a longer waiting period. Would you definetly reccomend Burnaby? What was your total overall experiences like?

If anyone is still out there....please help!!!!!! ;)

Thanks

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 04:20 AM

Hi Girls, I am still here, I just thought I would check in . So any new babies to report on your end?????? None in my world yet. But wow, what a summer I have had. It has been a crazy one, one that has finally passed and I am glad. I will fill everyone in soon. So please lets try and get in touch with oneanother. I will be checking in more often now.

TTFN
Ally xo xo

#195 healing

healing
  • 7 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:19 AM

Hi There

I feel for anyone going through the fertility nightmare that my husband and I went through.
We went to PCRM looking for salvation and only got angry and disappointed. We had Dr. Havelock as
our Dr. and we really like him but during the entire process we never saw him once. We realized that
we really had to read the buyers manual carefully because they didn't once call us and inform us
about any of the procedures. If we hadn't read the manual then we would have risked our chances of
having a baby ie.) they never reminded us not to have my husband deliver the goods a few days ahead of
time. We didn't have success with the invitro and they left a message on my voice mail to tell me this
instead of actually trying to reach me in person more than once. When I phoned back and actually saw
the Dr. he told me that they might have taken my eggs out too soon instead of waiting the +10 days to
do so. After this we really wanted to go to another agency but because they knew my history decided to
go with them again, they came up with a new treatment plan in all (the one they should of used in the
first place). We went back to them and then decided we weren't ready and they tried to bully us into
their schedule when we questioned them and told them no. They didn't listen to us or care for us, all they
kept talking about is how I took away another women's opportunity to do invirto and how I would lose
my $500.00 deposit unless I kept to the schedule. I told them that this was my body and my choice and
I would phone them later. I cried all the way home, but my husband reassured me that we did the right
thing and that after last time we might feel better with a second opionion and to go somewhere that
we are valued and respected. We are going to try Genesis Feritlity instead and I recommend you do the same.

#196 Aja

Aja
  • Cyclebase
  • 602 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:UBC/PCRM/VFC

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:57 PM

So sorry you had this experience at PCRM. I didn't have these issues there and a relatively good experience although it was not successful. Best of luck at Genesis.
Me: 38 DH: 42
TTC 11 yrs
PCOS, Endometriosis, male factor, thyroid
5 yrs trying natural, Clomid, etc.
4 failed IUI
2 laps
IVF/ICSI - 2003
U/S - twins!
14 wks - miscarry one
Feb.2 04 beautiful baby boy!

IVF#2 - BFN

Waiting for a big bag of money to fall from the sky and land on my lawn so that we can try again.

#197 impatient

impatient
  • Cyclebase
  • 2816 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:public adoption

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:16 PM

Healing - I just sent you a private message.
Me: 41, DH: 44
TTC: since Jan, 2008 (age 34)

DH: Low morphology, low count. Me: Stage 2-3 endometriosis, non-functional fallopian tubes, small fibroids, low AFC, low poor responder ... anything else?

Jun 2008-Sep 2011 in a nutshell: One HSG, one very traumatic office hysteroscopy, one operative laparoscopy, three fresh IVF/ICSI cycles, one chemical, one early miscarriage, two tubal recanalizations, five IUIs (3 with Clomid).

May 2010 - Aug 2011 Attempted adoption application process through the BC MCFD. Aug 2011 Signed up with a private agency. On both waiting lists as of Apr 2012. Proposal through MCFD Jul 2012. Aug 2012 - Finally ... she's home and we're a family! : )

Adoption application #2 started Aug 2013. DD2 placed May 2014, finalized Feb 2015!

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
Thomas Edison