- - - - -

Anyone with Success through IVF

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 10:12 AM

Just wondering if anyone going through Rouge Valley has had success with IVF. I am on my third attemt and although I think everyone there is so friendly and I just love my doctor. I am starting to question their ability for success with IVF? :icon_question:

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:11 PM

Hi ,

I have not done IVF yet but I will be in Nov. It is one of my questions too. I asked the doc and she said her sucess rate is 40% but for older patients 30%..

When are you doing your IVF?

pecestar

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 02:36 PM

I won't be doing it now until early next year. Right now I am so frustrated with the wait. It seems like everyone around me is getting pregnant and it is just making me so depressed. :cry: This is why I am starting to question myself - if I did pick the right doctor.

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 03:42 PM

May I know why you have to wait till Jan or Feb. I was told if I don't have cysts there is no waiting list.

Peacestar

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:34 AM

Hi,

Just wanted to respond to IVF success with Rouge Valley. I myself have just completed my first IVF attempt at Rouge Valley through Lifequest. I am in that dreaded 2 week wait until my pregnancy test. Everything went really well. I had 17 eggs retrieved, 13 of which fertilized. Two of them made it to blastocysts on day 5. We were sooo excited. My Transfer was 1 week ago. Honestly this is the longest two weeks of my life. Especially cause, I do not believe I am pregnant!!! I know that sounds kind of premature, however I have been pregnant twice before and I have no symptoms at all. (I am actually getting myself quite depressed about it). I went for my progesterone level check on the week-end and the nurse told me it was low and they would actually like to see it higher at this stage. (Another reason I feel I am not pregnant). I will keep you posted. Pregnancy test this week. Good luck to you all with your IVF attempts. We actually did IVF with ICSI due to male factor.

Juli

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 01:44 PM

Juli,

Thank you. I came to the clinic on saturday. Did you come on saturday? if so we may seen each other.

I know 2ww is hard . But one more week............................ Good luck and I hope you will get BFP. I am eagerly waiting for results. ( ok bit selfish , I want to hear BFP from rougevalley to boost my self).
What was your projesterone level? I know my last IUI the nurse told me it was low and to increase th dose.

Did you froze any embies? How was ER and ET process? Was it painful? Wheter ER and ET done early in the morning?

Peacestar

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 02:04 PM

Peacestar,

My progesterone was 37 and she said it should be at least 40 by now. I was actually quite surprised out of 13 fertilized eggs, that we had only 1 blastocyst embryo to freeze. On Day 5, there were 8 morulas, so everyone thought they would make it to blasts on day 6, however 7 arrested and only one made it. Not very hopeful in case we need to do FET. Both ER and ET were done early morning. Not to scare you, however ER was very painful. I actually was not expecting that much pain and recovery time. I think I had mild OHSS cause the nurse put me on a OHSS protocol for 5 days. I felt like I just had surgery, very sore to move around after for a few days. Now the transfer wasn't near as bad, however you have a full bladder and I was very uncomfortable due to the fact it took so long because the doctor had to change catheters mid transfer due to scarring on my cervix, which I didn't know I had. I would love to give you some hope with success here but I am not too sure I can yet. We'll see this week. I did ask the receptionist, before we went ahead with IVF, if she had seen any successes through IVF lately in the clinic and she replied NO, not in a long time. Not very encouraging, however maybe I can change all that!!!!

Juli

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 02:06 PM

Peacestar,

My progesterone was 37 and she said it should be at least 40 by now. I was actually quite surprised out of 13 fertilized eggs, that we had only 1 blastocyst embryo to freeze. On Day 5, there were 8 morulas, so everyone thought they would make it to blasts on day 6, however 7 arrested and only one made it. Not very hopeful in case we need to do FET. Both ER and ET were done early morning. Not to scare you, however ER was very painful. I actually was not expecting that much pain and recovery time. I think I had mild OHSS cause the nurse put me on a OHSS protocol for 5 days. I felt like I just had surgery, very sore to move around after for a few days. Now the transfer wasn't near as bad, however you have a full bladder and I was very uncomfortable due to the fact it took so long because the doctor had to change catheters mid transfer due to scarring on my cervix, which I didn't know I had. I would love to give you some hope with success here but I am not too sure I can yet. We'll see this week. I did ask the receptionist, before we went ahead with IVF, if she had seen any successes through IVF lately in the clinic and she replied NO, not in a long time. Not very encouraging, however maybe I can change all that!!!!

Juli

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 03:06 PM

Oh boy, there is no recent success !!!!!!!!!! This is very discouraging. But I would like to know these before buidling false hopes. But when I spoke to the doc ( my doc is TW and I assume she is your doc too. ) I asked her about success rate and she said her personal success rate is 40% and because of my age she would say 30% (I am 38 yrs). I know they only do 2 or 3 IVF per month.

You mentioned that you were pregnant before . Were they natural or IUI? I guess that is comforting because you know you can get pg. I was never pg before.

What is the process after 21 days of BCP? Is it AF and then suprefact for 10 days and then stims. I am waiting for the clinic to give me the schedule but I am eager to know. Would they give the ER and ET days ahead . I guess it might change based on follicle growth rate.

Hope you don't mind me asking all these questions.

Peace star

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:45 AM

Peacestar,

I certainly don't mind the questions. Actually my IVF course went right on track. I was given a date chart when I first started my BCP which literally gave me exact dates of every med to start and stop, day of retrieval and transfer and I guess I was lucky because my dates never changed from the date chart. After BCP I was started Suprefact, then Gonal-F about 10 days after Suprefact. Everything went to plan so well, I wil be really disappointed if i get BFN.

I have a daughter from a previous relationship and when my husband and I started TTC, we did an IUI (1st try ended up in pregnancy) however had miscarriage at 6 weeks. My DH sperm analysis have just been getting worse over the years, so after 3 more IUI's we were told only option was IVF with ICSI.

It's definitely nice to know other people going through the same thing.

Juli

I was also told 40% succses with my age 32.

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:27 PM

Hi Juli,

Wow you had all the steps done according to the schedule. That is great!!!!!!!!!!
So 21 days BCP and then AF?? and suprefact for 10 days before starting stims. Am I correct?

When are doing Beta?

Peacstar

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:28 PM

Hi Juli,

Wow you had all the steps done according to the schedule. That is great!!!!!!!!!!
So 21 days BCP and then AF?? and suprefact for 10 days before starting stims. Am I correct?

When are doing Beta?

Peacstar

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 01:27 PM

Hi Peacestar,

You are correct with my protocol. Well, I am very exciting to say I had my first beta test on the week-end and my value was 569!!!! I went today for my 2nd one and it has more than doubled to 1310. I feel very eary about getting excited yet. (And just think, my intuition was telling me I wasn't pregnant) It was probably my way of preparing myself for a negative so as to not be depressed. So I am glad to be able to give you hope afterall.

I will keep you posted. Now I have the dreaded 2ww for my 1st u/s.

Juli

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 01:34 PM

I won't be doing it now until early next year. Right now I am so frustrated with the wait. It seems like everyone around me is getting pregnant and it is just making me so depressed. :cry: This is why I am starting to question myself - if I did pick the right doctor.

Hang in there..it's very hard. I 've attempted IVF 2x as well and now there telling me that it maybe a problem with my eggs (37) . The doc's have suggested doner program which I find even more depressing! Don't be sad, I know how you feel.

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 05:22 PM

Hang in there..it's very hard. I 've attempted IVF 2x as well and now there telling me that it maybe a problem with my eggs (37) . The doc's have suggested doner program which I find even more depressing! Don't be sad, I know how you feel.

Diane,
It must be tough. Did the doctor tell why she think it might be poor quality eggs. Can Naturopathy or Acupuncture help? I am even more scared go throught IVF now. When did you do your IVF?

Peacestar

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:13 PM

Juli,

Some how missed your post. Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is great to have a Rougevalley Grad. It gives me confidence. Hope we all can follow you........................ I am very very happy for you.

Peacestar