Just finished first cycle and feeling neurotic...opinions please! - Introductions - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Just finished first cycle and feeling neurotic...opinions please!

frozen embryo transfer day 3 embryo

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mellybean

mellybean
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Reproductive partners

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:36 PM

Hi I'm a newbie to this forum. I just completed my first ivf cycle and froze four day 3 embies. Although the lab wanted to push my four day 3 embies to day 5, I just did not feel comfortable risking losing most or even all four of my embies. Did not do a fresh transfer because I need polyp surgery first. I was not the best responder (7 eggs, 5 fertilized, 4 made it to day 3) because I have endometriomas on both ovaries. When I get surgery to remove my uterine polyps, I am also going to drain the endometriomas (don't want to risk damage to my ovaries by removing the cysts). So as you can tell by my topic title, I am super neurotic and am having a really hard time deciding what my next step should be after the polyp/endo surgery. Initially I was going to proceed with frozen embryo transfer with my 4 embies on ice- only going to transfer 1 at a time because I only want a singleton. I'm prepared to transfer each embie individually until I use up all four. At a cost of 3K per FET, that will add up to 12K worst case scenario. Best case scenario, I get a BFP on the first frozen embryo try and "only" had to spend 3K. On the other hand, I can do another entire ivf cycle after my surgery that will cost about 12K and that will include a fresh transfer....and in that situation I'll also hopefully have a couple more embies to freeze. I can also take the risk of pushing those embies to day 5 blasts. I'm driving myself crazy going back and forth between these two options! Would love to get some opinions.

A little more info: I am 33 years old, never been pregnant, endometriosis is the suspected cause of my fertility issues. DH has normal sperm. Money is an issue, but not the most important factor for us- I just want to increase my odds as much as possible! Thanks for taking the time to read and (hopefully) respond! =)

• oceanbluesngreens likes this

Me: 33 endometriosis, uterine polyps

DH: 36 normal

TTC since February 2012- no prior pregnancies

IVF #1 May 2014: 7 ER, 5 fertilized, 4 day 3 embies frozen, no fresh transfers

#2 lesley1978

lesley1978
  • Global 100+
  • 344 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:53 PM

Welcome!
I would transfer 2 day 3 embryo's that you have frozen and go from there.....it's hard not to over think things. Even if you just transfer 1 embryo it can still split into two. Do what you're gut tells you. I don't think you need to jump into another ivf cycle, try a fet first and see what happends:)
  • oceanbluesngreens likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: frozen embryo transfer, day 3 embryo