Did anyone find IVF/CCS program take a long time for ET? - IVF Ages 35+ - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Did anyone find IVF/CCS program take a long time for ET?

CCS 5 day FET IVF

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hope76

Hope76
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:01 PM

Hi, I'm 37 and started my 1st IVF cycle in February.  I have 1 ovary, so only 4 eggs were retrieved during the 1st cycle.  Of the 4, only 1 fertilized.  Since I also chose to do CCS, Dr. recommended I cancel ET, go for 2nd cycle in hopes of retrieving more eggs and pooling those with my 1 egg from the 1st cycle. 

I had to give my ovary a break for 1 month before I could proceed with the 2nd cycle. So 2nd cycle took place in April.  I was placed on a more aggressive protocol with the hopes of retrieving more eggs.  However, the same amount of eggs were retrieved.  Of the 4 eggs, 3 fertilized this time, so those 3 fresh eggs were pooled with the frozen 1 from the 1st cycle. 

After learning that all 3 of the fresh eggs made it to the blastocyst stage (the frozen one stopped growing after day 4), the eggs went to get biopsied for the CCS test.  Thankfully, all 3 came out as normal, which was a relief.  So now I'm just waiting for ET date, but I'm on this rather long program right now. 

Has anyone done the CCS program?  If so, did your ET date take place 1.5-2 months after ER?   Anyone else been on a similar program?  Success stories with FET after CCS?

#2 waitingforbfp

waitingforbfp
  • Global 100+
  • 469 posts
  • My Clinic:KRF/Olive

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:06 PM

Our cycle was about 2 months from retrieval to transfer. I had retrieval March 13 & transfer was on May 15. Congrats on 3 normal embryos. That is fantastic!!!

• mcbee likes this

Me-38 DH- 42

TTC since 2000
Unexplained Secondary Infertility (Had a son while a teen and gave him up for adoption)
March 2000- M/C @ 11 weeks
January 2001- M/C @ 9 weeks
February 2003- M/C @ 8 weeks
2004-2007- 6 Cycles of clomid and natural conception- BFN
November 2009- IUI with injectables- BFN
February 2010- IUI with injectables- BFN
May 2012-Consult with KRF. Re-due blood tests and prep for IVF
June 2012-Started taking Estrace for estrogen priming protocol
Blood test to see why af hasn't started. BFP with low numbers. Chemical Pregnancy
IVF#1 (KRF/Genesis)--July 29, 2012- Estrogen Priming Protocol
August 19-Egg Retrieval 20 eggs; 18 fertilized; 11 made it to Day 5
August 24- Transferred 1 Blast; Froze 4 (the rest didn't make it overnight to Day 6)
Sept 2-Took HPT (Faint Positive)
Sept 5-Beta 3 (BFN--Another Chemical)
FET#1(KRF/Genesis)-Oct 30 2012 On Estrace and Prednisone. Transferred 2 blasts (Had to thaw 3-one didn't make it. One left in the freezer)
Nov 13 2012- Beta- BFN

FET#2(KRF/Genesis) -Nov 16,2013 BETA Nov 27--Chemical Pregnancy 

IVF#2 (KRF/Olive)Consult Jan 27. (Doing CCS & immune treatments this cycle)

Estrogen Priming Starts February 19, 2014 YAY!!!!

STIMS START March 1, 2014

Retrieval Mar 13, 2014. 17 eggs retrieved, 16 of which mature and 15 fertilized. 

11 made it to blast and were biopsied and frozen. 5 NORMAL BLASTS yahoo.gif

FET with next af (transfer May, hopefully). 

FET transfer with One Normal Perfect Embryo May 15, 2014

5dp5dt--Faint positive on hpt. Darker on 6dp5dt yahoo.gif

BETA--May 26, 2014 (FX this is it)

ANOTHER F**KING chemical--beta 21 th_agrr.gif

FET#2--Lining scan on July 15. Lining at 10mm and dominate follicle is at 19mm. Waiting on ovulation to time transfer. Here we go again. FX this is it!!!

TRANSFER July 21, 2014--1 PGS Normal Blast

8th confirmed Chemical

LOOKING FOR A SURROGATE. Still have 3 PGS normal embryos frozen.

Trying again with my body......'initial' consult is April 14

#3 Merry33

Merry33
  • 1000+
  • 1208 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:33 PM

I haven't done CCS, but what you describe very much sounds like normal procedure. It is a very long process when you do a freeze-all and a frozen embryo transfer later on. It's also pretty standard to be on birth control for 21 days (the part I always hated most). And your transfer protocol is pretty much the same I've seen as well although I know that there is a number of different protocols.

All in all, I don't think there is anything wrong with your timeline, but your clinic must not have explained things properly to you. Good luck!

#4 mcbee

mcbee
  • Global 100+
  • 357 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:Mt Sinai Fertililty Clinic

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:59 PM

I'm 34 weeks pregnant with a PGD tested embryo that was frozen from my fresh cycle.  Retrieval was Aug 15, and transfer was Oct 16.

Yes, its long and frustrating.  But well worth it.  A frozen transfer is so much easier on your body, and transfered a healthy PGD tested embryo is so much easier on your mind.  

good luck!

:) sarah

• waitingforbfp and Hope76 like this

Me: 39

DH: 34

Together since 2001

Dec 2008  - bfp!

Feb 2009 - missed miscarriage detected at 11wsad.png

Feb 2010 - bfp!

June 20, 2010 - severe brain damage detected

June 29, 2010 - DS Ryder was born at 21w5d, weighing 1lb, Passed away after 3 hours in my arms.  sad.png

September 2010 - bfp!

October 2010 - autopsy and genetic testing confirm Ryder's brain damage was passed on by me, as I am a genetic carrier for the L1- Cam mutation (X-linked hydrochephalus).  Has 25% chance in every pregnancy of occuringsad.png

November 2010 - CVS performed, confirmed healthy pregancybiggrin.png

May 5, 2011 - DD Brooklyn was bornbiggrin.png

IVF #1 (planned freeze all)

Aug 2012 - begin IVF journey in order to do PGD to avoid losing another baby to the genetic disorder.

June 2013 - PGD test is finally built and ready to go!

Aug 4 - 300iu Puregon started

Aug 8 - bloodwork/ultrasound, 25 mg ganirelex added, 20+ follicles growing

Aug 10 - bloodwork/ultraound

Aug 12 - bloodwork/ultrasound, puregon reduced to 200iu

Aug 13 - bloodwork/ultrasound, 7 follicles at 17mm+, 10 more close behind.  HCG trigger tonight!

Aug 14 - final bloodwork

Aug 15 - ER, ICSI....20 eggs, 18 mature.

Aug 17 - 13 fertilized, all perfectly on track.

Aug 20 - 7 made it to blastocyst and were biopsed, sent for PGD.  Praying for some to be unaffected!

Sep 3 - PGD report 2 unaffected healthy embryos!!  All systems go for SET on next AF.

FET #1

Sept 27 - start estrace and baby aspirin

Oct 8 - lining check ultrasound, lining 0.9 but a tiny amount of fluid

Oct 10 - lining check ultrasound, lining 0.94 but fluid still present, start progesterone

Oct 15 - third lining check ultrasound, lining 1.2, fluid is gone!

Oct 16 - transfer day!

Oct 22 - bfp at home!!

Oct 25 - 1st beta 85

Oct 28 - 2nd beta 524

Nov 14 - 1st ultrasound...One baby measured 7w2d with a heartbeat of 145.  Such a relief!!!

Dec 16 - genetic counselor called with results of bloodwork....its a girl!!  No chance of the genetic disorder

Dec 20 - NT scan, baby looks great, measured 12w4d 

Feb 4 - next milestone, anatomy scan!

#5 Hope76

Hope76
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:57 PM

Thank you ladies.  Very helpful, and congratulations to those who are expecting!! 

#6 ideagirl

ideagirl
  • Global 100+
  • 261 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:CCRM (Denver, CO)

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:33 AM

Has anyone done the CCS program?  If so, did your ET date take place 1.5-2 months after ER?  I wish I had known it would take this long.  I was only told the CCS would take an extra 5 - 10 days, but it's been a month now, and I think I'm probably another 2-3 weeks from ET.  Anyone else been on a similar program?  I keep telling myself that i just have to trust my Dr, but would like to know if anyone else has been in a similar situation?

The thing is, there are two timing issues when you do CCS:

(1) How long it takes to do the CCS, and

(2) Where you are in your cycle when the CCS is done.

Since you have to be at a certain point in your cycle for embryo transfer to work, and at most clinics you have to start certain meds before day 1 of the cycle you're going to transfer in, it could easily take 1.5 months after CCS is done to get you to the correct point in your cycle for transfer. Or it could just take 3 weeks... it all depends where in your cycle you are when the CCS is done.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CCS, 5 day FET, IVF