10 replies to this topic

#1 MrsBR

MrsBR
  • Global 100+
  • 570 posts
  • Dx:Vasectomy
  • My Clinic:MFC/OVO

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:55 PM

Hi! I'm 29 and starting my 4th ivf (1st at new clinic, DH had a vasectomy about 7 years ago) All my blood work was good, FSH 6.5, but they wanted me to participate in a study so they checked my AMH. As it turns out it is 0.79. I was shocked. From what I read low amh usually makes very few eggs retried during ivf, but I have always had in between 10 and 16. Does it seem like an erroneous result or is it possible. I also had an ovarian cyst removed from my right side. Is it possible the "injured" ovary not functioning at 100% causes the drop. Basically I'm worried I don't have a chance anymore. Thanks for your help
1 year...6 fresh ivf's...so many failed attempts...we finally got a BFP on Nov 27, 2014. What finally worked: co culture, G - CSF, IVIG, prednisone.Nov 27 Beta 112 Nov 29 Beta 291 Dec 16Saw 2 flickering heartbeats on ultrasound!!!! (from a single blastocyst transfer)Looking like identical twins for us...wowDec 22 control u/s to make sure the babies are growing. Only 1 H/B found.1 twin didn't make it. Just 1 baby for us. Jan 23 NT scan and blood work came back all normal! As per our amazing technician...70% chance it's a girl!Mar 18th 20 week anatomy scan shows a perfectly healthy baby girl!
Madison arrives on July 17 2015 at 37 weeks 2 days! 10 fingers and 10 toes...perfect in every way.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#2 ollie2013

ollie2013
  • Global 100+
  • 845 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:39 PM

Hi Mrs Br.

My amh is very low as well and they dont know if ivf will be a good option for me because my dr. doesnt think i will produce many eggs...

the doctors dont always know how exactly each person will respond in every situation.. thats what i think

me 26, dh 32

ttc for almost 3 years

one ectopic pregnancy, lost one tube- 2013

one miscarriage- 2014

poor egg quality, unstable hormone levels. AMH dropped from 4 to 1.5 in 4 months.. had it retested and came back at 1.4

RE predicts that i will go through menopause around age 30..27 or 28. Suggests one round  of ivf and then it is time to move onto another option.

1st ivf booked to begin in september

Sept 17- B/w and U/S, Starting Stimulation

Clinic Error and IVF cycle cancelled in October- took some time to think about my options

November- Moving onto donor eggs-

donor #1 selected through little miracles

Dec 29- Lupron Injection

Jan 22- Estrace Started

Estimated Retrieval day for donor is Feb 6. 5 days into the cycle, donor was found to have cocaine and marijuana in her bloodstream- cycle cancelled.. heartbroken and very disappointed

Donor egg cycle round 2 - let's hope things go well this time!

Donor #2 selected... Retrieval in April!

#3 Julia1977

Julia1977

Julia

• Cyclebase
  • 525 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:51 PM

When my AMH was checked it came back <0.3 which is really very low .. 

I remember my RE saying after seeing my AMH levels, that "it's doesn't mean you don't have a chance, but it means we need to be aggressive as low AMH implies relatively sooner menopause"...

What matters is getting few eggs but with good quality

I am a poor responder in general .. but I  have always had 4 to 6 eggs retrieved, and always had 2 embryos transferred on day 3 ... 

In fact every cycle my response is better than the preceding cycle.

I did have a BFP last summer, but ended up miscarrying. I'm waiting for my beta on Sunday... FX

Good luck to you

TTC: 3.5 years. Dx: Endometriosis stage IV in 2004 + Poor/Diminished Ovarian Reserve (relatively high FSH + low AMH)
ART Attempts: 1 cancelled IUI + 2 Failing IUIs + 1 IVF (Cancelled) + 1 IVF (BFN) + 1 IVF (BFP then miscarriage)

****************************************************************************************
IVF#1 (Nov 2012): (long protocol)
(Menopure, Bravelle)
Cycle cancelled due to poor response (Estrogen levels not increasing)

IVF#2 (Feb 2013): (microflare protocol): menopure (3 vials x 2 per day)
4 eggs retrieved (2 on each side) .... all mature, 2 eggs fertilized out of the 4 ICSI'd. Transferred 2 embryos of average quality (1 @ 5 cells & the other @ 7 cells) with AH -->
 BFN

April 2013: Laparoscopy: Removal of cysts from right and left ovary and some little endo spots and freeing right ovary from adhesion.

IVF#3 (June/July 2013): Microdose flare + Saizen+testosterone
5 eggs retrieved, 3 mature and fertilized by ICSIET of 2 6-cell embryos grade 2 and 3 --> BFP,

1st Beta= 57. US on 8th week: baby measures at 6 weeks and no heartbeat. Confirmed missed miscarriage, M/C at 9 weeks

Full panel of blood work analysis done for possible etiology of miscarriage. Everything was normal, except for a heterozygous MTHFR mutation (prescribed high dose folic acid)

IVF#4 (Dec2013/Jan 2014): Microdose flare+Saizen+testosterone 

4 eggs retrieved, all mature and fertilized by ICSI, ET of 1 6-cell embryo an 1 8-cell embryo graded 2 and 3. Non left to freeze --> BFN

IVF#5 (April/May 2014): Antagonist Estrogen Priming -Cornell Protocol (Clomid+ Menopur+Gonal F + Orgalutran)

6 eggs retreived, 4 mature and fertilized by ICSIMay 11: Day 3 ET on mother's day of 2 grade 2 8 cell embryos with less than 10% fragmentation. Non left to freeze

--> BFP : 1st Beta: 315.2, 2 (May 25th), 2n beta: 2715 (May 31st) smile.png --> June 19th, U/S shows one bean measuring right on track at 8w1d and heart beat above 150.

20w U/S confirms we are having a BOY ... Screening was negative and all measurements were normal. EDD: Jan 29th, 2015

Jan 30th 2015: My little baby boy was born ...can't be more grateful

Details in the "About me" section

#4 rollergirl

rollergirl

Cougar Alert....loves boy toys...the younger the better!!

• 1000+
  • 1884 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:36 PM

I had my AMH tested and was shocked it was what it was....and my RE said all that means that the quantity of eggs might not be there but it comes down to quality....and what has been your history as this is your fourth IVF and you are 29?......There is more to your history that you have posted and has to be examined ....how have you done on your past IVF cycles?....Have they gone to 5 day blasts? ....every cycle is a crapshot and has so many variables....

Good luck to you....

Me-72 DH-26 It is what it is...

#5 Heregoesnothing

Heregoesnothing

Heregoesnothing

• Cyclebase
  • 1416 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Canada

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:18 AM

I'm the opposite... Really high AMH, but my last cycle, I had zero response. So, I too wonder about the accuracy. Will be asking this to my RE at my WTF appointment next week.

May 2013 - We welcome our baby boy 

Nov. 28th 2015 - We welcome our baby girl

3 day 3 embryos on ice 

For a more detailed look on my cycles, visit my 'about me' page

#6 mouse

mouse

Honorary PhD

• Super Moderator
  • 7473 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:BKK/KWI/JHFC

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:32 AM

I don't think that AMH on it's own is definitive one way or the other. It's just one indicator of a woman's fertility status - there are many other variables and the interplay between them may not be as well understood as we might hope. AMH can provide a sense of ovarian reserve - and is considered to be about 70% accurate overall - but there's no agreed convention on how to interpret the various possible combinations like high FSH and high AMH and so on. It's a piece of the puzzle but doesn't give the full picture and, it seems to me, can't predict how things will go.

Fingers crossed for you all!

The plural of anecdote is not data.

Charity gives a meal; justice provides a place at the table.

#7 MrsBR

MrsBR
  • Global 100+
  • 570 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:02 PM

Rollergirl- we only started ivf because my dh had a vasectomy in his previous marriage. Was supposed to be easy but it isn't. I did have surgery on my ovary so it is a little damaged and functions less. I am wondering if this is why my amh is low. At my new clinic they feel it's an implantation issue (I did have embryos go toblast) and I had a biopsy to see the reason. They think it's just an endometrial infection thing treatable by antibiotics.
1 year...6 fresh ivf's...so many failed attempts...we finally got a BFP on Nov 27, 2014. What finally worked: co culture, G - CSF, IVIG, prednisone.Nov 27 Beta 112 Nov 29 Beta 291 Dec 16Saw 2 flickering heartbeats on ultrasound!!!! (from a single blastocyst transfer)Looking like identical twins for us...wowDec 22 control u/s to make sure the babies are growing. Only 1 H/B found.1 twin didn't make it. Just 1 baby for us. Jan 23 NT scan and blood work came back all normal! As per our amazing technician...70% chance it's a girl!Mar 18th 20 week anatomy scan shows a perfectly healthy baby girl!
Madison arrives on July 17 2015 at 37 weeks 2 days! 10 fingers and 10 toes...perfect in every way.

#8 MrsBR

MrsBR
  • Global 100+
  • 570 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:05 PM

I also had thyroid cancer and have endometriosis.

#9 MrsBR

MrsBR
  • Global 100+
  • 570 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

Redid my AMH test and it came back at 1.32. It may not be amazing but it's a lot better then 0.79.
  • patula likes this

#10 Heregoesnothing

Heregoesnothing

Heregoesnothing

• Cyclebase
  • 1416 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Canada

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:59 PM

So does that mean that results can fluctuate?  What did your Dr say?  I am meeting mine tomorrow.  Anxious to see what he will say.

May 2013 - We welcome our baby boy 

Nov. 28th 2015 - We welcome our baby girl

3 day 3 embryos on ice 

For a more detailed look on my cycles, visit my 'about me' page

#11 Jay23

Jay23
  • Global 100+
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:makin' a baby
  • My Clinic:Heartland-VFC

Posted 25 December 2014 - 01:50 PM

I'm interested to know about how your AMH wen up? I know this is a old post but if you get this, is love to know your outcome??

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: low amh