- - - - -

Ivf price in IvfCanada clinic

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 06:52 AM

Hi ,I am new to the forum .It is so nice to find out this place to talk .I am going to ivfcanada for my first time Ivf .I have done some research .I found to price for Ivf for Ohip patient is $2000 in Ivf clinic .Is that true or there is some additional fee i don't know .It is just too good to be true .Anybody knows .Thanks .

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:07 AM

Hi there and welcome :flowers:

I'm not sure about ivfcanada but at Mount Sinai (RBU) the price for ohip covered patients is only $1500 . And emember only the patients with blocked tubes are considered ohip covered .
If u need to do ICSI (for male factor) you have to pay $1700 more as this part is not covered. Ofcourse this prices doesn't include the medication but it includes all the bloodwork, ultrasound, egg retrieval , egg transfer , and lab .
You can call ivfcanada and ask about it.
Good luck

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:46 AM

Hi, Talin ,thank you for your answer .I learned that you 've had 1 ivf already .Do you mind telling me how much (including medication ,everything )that cost you for last time ? I am doing the research to see if we can afford it .compare to my desire to have my own baby ( we consider adoption sometimes ),money is nothing .But the "nothing " is so important . Thanks again for you flower and good luck to your ivf . :)

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:16 AM

:) Hello Rainbow,

If you go to this website www.crcfertility.ca you will find a complete price list for all IVF procedures done out of McMaster Centre for Reproductive Care in Hamilton Ontario. The prices are a little lower than in Toronto. Hopefully this helps !!

Heidi08

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:22 PM

thank you so much for your help .I 've checked the website ,and found two price for Ivf ,first :IVF cycle $5000 .second : OHIP funded IVF cycle lab fees :$1800 .I am OHIP covered patient , does that mean for me is $1800 ? I am so comfused because I just start doing research .And thanks again .Good luck to you . :laugh:

#6 hana

hana
  • 41 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:ivf canada

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:17 PM

Hello rainbow,
my last IVF cycle was done at IVF Canada at Kennedy Rd in Toronto,
the cycl cost us $9500 including drugs($2200) and ICSI($1800) , The clinic is very good and the staff are excellent.
And now I’m 12wk and 2 days.
Good luck :) :)

Hana

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 02:42 PM

Hi Rainbow,

If both your tubes are blocked, OHIP will help cover some of the fees. However, if only one of your tubes are blocked, or if your infertility is caused by something else, you'll have to pay for the entire procedure yourself (unfortunately). I know, all this information is very confusing - as are the different fee structures. However, this is a great site for information and everyone is very supportive of one another.

Good luck!
Olivia

#8 testrun

testrun
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 03:19 PM

It is wise to check around if you are covered by OHIP, LHSC doesn't charge anything for the cycle if both tubes are blocked. Private clinics will charge more than hospital based programs.

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 05:57 PM

Hi rainbow i already sent u a PM if u don't get it tell me .
Good luck

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:24 PM

My husband and I just found out today that we will need to do IVF ICSI should we want to try and get pregnant. Can anyone suggest some websites that highlight what OHIP may cover in terms of fertility drugs, etc. Also, I'm wondering if it is of value to shop around for pricing on this procedure? Are most clinics charging the same? Any direction you could provide would be very helpful. Thank-you.

#11 Renae

Renae
  • Global 100+
  • 525 posts
  • Interests:My interests are swimming daily, horseback riding and reading. Going to the cottage.
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Toronto

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

Hi ,I am new to the forum .It is so nice to find out this place to talk .I am going to ivfcanada for my first time Ivf .I have done some research .I found to price for Ivf for Ohip patient is $2000 in Ivf clinic .Is that true or there is some additional fee i don't know .It is just too good to be true .Anybody knows .Thanks .

Hi, i wanted to ask did u end up doing IVF at IVF canada, they have gave me a price of $7500 for IVF with meds and everything included, i wanted to know what your experience was. 

#12 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13147 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

Hi, i wanted to ask did u end up doing IVF at IVF canada, they have gave me a price of $7500 for IVF with meds and everything included, i wanted to know what your experience was.

Like with many things in life keep your eyes open and know that price is only one factor in this process.

There is some feedback from other members about their experiences there. As for statistics, make sure they are current. Some clinics sometimes use stats that are several years old because, well, they look better than more up to date information.

Take care of yourself.