- - - - -

Anyone here?

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#51 TJ33

TJ33
  • Global 100+
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Camping / Fishing / Anything Outdoors!
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Mt Sinai

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:46 PM

Everything went good today! Starting Estrace tomorrow... :)

Me - 34 (DOR - AMH 0.59) / DH - 37 (Some male factors)
TTC for 4 years, Diagnosed with DOR (Summer 2013)

Doctor recommended IVF with ICSI - giving us a 5% success rate

IVF #1 - MAY 2014

ER May 16 - 5 AMAZING mature eggs! All 5 fertilized!

ET May 21 - Transferred great looking day 5 blasts (1BB & 1CC) and we have one on ice! (1CC)

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) 196

Beta #2 (12dp5dt) 799

th_abfp.gif  YAY!!! So happy and feeling so blessed!

US June 23 (7 weeks, 4 days) TWO AMAZING HEARTBEATS!!! (Baby A 150 BPM and Baby B 156 BPM)

US July 28 (12 weeks, 4 days) Both babies measured on track and were moving around like crazy! (Baby A 150 BPM and Baby B 157 BPM)

US September 15 (19 weeks, 4 days) Everything looked great! Literally two bouncing baby boys!!! (Baby A 141 BPM and Baby B 144 BPM)

US #2 October 1 - Tech was able to get missing measurements. So nice to see my boys bouncing around!

Check up with OB October 17 - 6 MONTH MARK YAY!!! Everything looked great from last two US's. OB sending me for blood work and glucose test. Go back in 2 weeks for follow up.

Feeling so blessed! Praying my peanuts continue to grow nice and strong! babyboy.gif babyboy.gif 

#52 MuffinMama

MuffinMama
  • Global 100+
  • 150 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:59 AM

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!

#53 TJ33

TJ33
  • Global 100+
  • 252 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:33 PM

Patiently waiting for AF :)

Hoping the Estrace doesn't cause any delays!

Ready to get this show on the road!!!

IVF #1 - MAY 2014

ET May 21 - Transferred great looking day 5 blasts (1BB & 1CC) and we have one on ice! (1CC)

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) 196

Beta #2 (12dp5dt) 799

US June 23 (7 weeks, 4 days) TWO AMAZING HEARTBEATS!!! (Baby A 150 BPM and Baby B 156 BPM)

US July 28 (12 weeks, 4 days) Both babies measured on track and were moving around like crazy! (Baby A 150 BPM and Baby B 157 BPM)

US September 15 (19 weeks, 4 days) Everything looked great! Literally two bouncing baby boys!!! (Baby A 141 BPM and Baby B 144 BPM)

US #2 October 1 - Tech was able to get missing measurements. So nice to see my boys bouncing around!

Check up with OB October 17 - 6 MONTH MARK YAY!!! Everything looked great from last two US's. OB sending me for blood work and glucose test. Go back in 2 weeks for follow up.

Feeling so blessed! Praying my peanuts continue to grow nice and strong! babyboy.gif babyboy.gif 

#54 MuffinMama

MuffinMama
  • Global 100+
  • 150 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:46 PM

When do you expect AF TJ?

My GP gave me the go-ahead on my thyroid, and I'm supposed to start Estrace next week! I think I ovulated today though (CD11) so I think I might be going in a little earlier than the 8th? Have to confirm that still though.

So, apparently my meds aren't covered by insurance? I was told they were, and now not so much. The exact same ones were covered for IUI, so I'm not sure why the change all of a sudden??? I'm fighting this tooth and nail, but it looks like we'll be paying OOP and submitting for reimbursement later. (And praying that they cover them!!!) I had to do a cost assessment for insurance, and I'm still having a bit of sticker shock. All those "little" things add up! $6K worth of meds, and we're not even doing a long protocol...

#55 TJ33

TJ33
  • Global 100+
  • 252 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:05 PM

Thursday... Last month was exactly 28 days so I'm hoping its on time this month. If it's late we won't start until next week I think. I know they assign us our CD3... So not sure what happens if I start over the weekend... I'm going to call the nurse Thursday and get more details.

Are you using LH sticks? Or do you go in for BW and US?

That really sucks about your insurance... Why would the same drugs be covered for IUI and not IVF? That doesn't make sense! I hope you can get it covered! I would fight it for sure!
I had to submit a list to our insurance to see what they covered and didn't cover - luckily everything was covered... I don't have anything yet though... They don't carry fertility meds up north so I have to wait until we are in Toronto. I was lucky they had the Estrace :)

So if you are starting your Estrace next week you are not that far behind me! :)

IVF #1 - MAY 2014

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) 196

Beta #2 (12dp5dt) 799

#56 Adventure

Adventure
  • Cyclebase
  • 325 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:33 AM

Hi TJ33,

I got all of my meds thru the Plaza 69 pharmacy. The only think I got in TO was the Puregon since the pharmacy in Sudbury had to order it and it would have taken a couple of days.

#57 MuffinMama

MuffinMama
  • Global 100+
  • 150 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:49 AM

I go in for b/w and u/s =)

Turns out I didn't ovulate yesterday. I thought I had, since I was cramping and spotting, but no temp rise. (Yes, I still do BBT giggle.gif  ) I don't have any of my meds yet either. I know the pharmacy we used before had to order meds in, but it didn't take very long. (2 days I think?) Not all that useful if you need extras last-minute, but you could always just have the first ones that you'd need beforehand?

#58 TJ33

TJ33
  • Global 100+
  • 252 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:10 PM

Hi TJ33,

I got all of my meds thru the Plaza 69 pharmacy. The only think I got in TO was the Puregon since the pharmacy in Sudbury had to order it and it would have taken a couple of days.

I went to 3 differnt pharmacies and got fed up... The nurse told me just to get everything in Toronto...

Thanks though :)

IVF #1 - MAY 2014

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) 196

Beta #2 (12dp5dt) 799

#59 TJ33

TJ33
  • Global 100+
  • 252 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:14 PM

I go in for b/w and u/s =)

Turns out I didn't ovulate yesterday. I thought I had, since I was cramping and spotting, but no temp rise. (Yes, I still do BBT giggle.gif  ) I don't have any of my meds yet either. I know the pharmacy we used before had to order meds in, but it didn't take very long. (2 days I think?) Not all that useful if you need extras last-minute, but you could always just have the first ones that you'd need beforehand?

AF arrived today! YAY! 1 Day early! Called in My CD1 and just waiting for them to call me back!

How often do you go in for BW/US?

I know you mentioned that you might have to pay for some of your drugs out of pocket - I remember Maddie (Nurse) telling me that you can buy them directly from Mt Sinai and they are cheaper than the pharmacy...

When they call me back tomorrow I am going to make sure I will have no problems getting everything this weekend.

When is your next appointment?

I tried charting - never worked for me. Niether does the LH sticks... :)

• Tara-Lynn likes this

IVF #1 - MAY 2014

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) 196

Beta #2 (12dp5dt) 799

#60 MuffinMama

MuffinMama
  • Global 100+
  • 150 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

Yay for early CD1!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only go in on CD20, that's it? I ovulate pretty regularly (CD13-15) since getting my thyroid sorted out, so maybe that's why I'm just supposed to come in then? She said I'll be on Estrace for 7-10 days, and that would line up with when my CD3 would be, as long as I ovulate around then. Everyone else I've talked to has done the LH sticks though. They don't always work for me either, so maybe that's another reason?

Next appointment (CD20) is on May 8th. One more week!!! Gives me time to figure out the meds. I got the pamphlet from Mt Sinai with the drug costs, and they seem to be the same as other places? (But I think she told me that there's no dispensing fee?) If I have to pay for them up-front, I'll likely just go through them for convenience. Thank goodness our HELOC came through!

#61 Tara-Lynn

Tara-Lynn
  • Global 100+
  • 244 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Mount Sinai, Toronto

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:45 AM

I got my drugs at the clinic the first time around and had to pay for them out of pocket up front and then wait to get reimbursed by my insurance. This time I walked up the street to the Rexall pharmacy at the Mt.Sinai hospital where they direct bill my insurance. I didn't notice a big difference in price for Puregon, Menopur or the Oragaultran but you are correct that there is no dispensing fee when getting them at the clinic so that will save a few $ each time.

As for how often you go for monitoring - for my first cycle I went in on CD3 (assigned), CD5, 7, 9, 11, 13 & 14, I had ER on CD16 and ET on CD21. I did not have to go for an LH surge test prior to starting the Estrace. I was just told to start taking it on CD23 then call in my 2nd CD1 the following week.

This cycle I started Estrace yesterday and am now waiting for AF to show her pretty little face next week. I should be going in for CD3 monitoring some time over the Mother's Day weekend - I hope that is a lucky sign smile.png

Me: 38 DH: 41
History
2000 - Laparoscopy with diagnosis of bilateral tubal occlusion
2001 - IVF #1 with previous spouse at Mt.Sinai (16 ER, 9 fertilized, 3d3 transferred, BFN - 6d3 frosties, none survived thaw)
2002 - Laparotomy to attempt repair of blocked tubes (unsuccessful but didn't know that for sure until recently - long story) 
Fast forward 10 years....
Dec 2012 - Married DH (DH has 2 DD from his previous relationship 14 & 21yo)
Jan-July 2013 - Stopped BCP to 'see what happens' if we TTC naturally (hoping for a miracle)
Aug 2013 - Decided to attempt IVF - GP referral to Mt.Sinai 
Sept 30, 2013 - Initial clinic appointment with Dr.Shapiro
Oct 2013 - more tests and IVF class - AMH=8.2, FSH=7
Nov 1st, 2013 - Follow up appointment to discuss test results and game plan - Blood tests all look good.  Had Sonohysterogram and confirmed surgery is needed to remove or block off tube on left side. No surgery dates until 2014.
Dec. 20, 2013 - Pre-op appointment
Jan 7, 2014 - Surgery to remove left tube

IVF #1
Jan 28 - Starting Estrace Primed Antagonist Protocol IVF.
Feb 21 - CD14 - ER - got 8 eggs - 7 eggs were mature, 7 fertilized by day 3 - [email protected] cell grade 1; [email protected]7 cell gr 1; [email protected] cell gr 1; [email protected] cell gr 1; 1 @12 cell gr 2
Feb 26 - Day 5 ET - transferred one 3BA blast and one 1BB blast, none survived to freeze
Mar 4-6 - POASs all th_abfp.gif 
Mar 7 - Beta BFP but only 23 so nurse said it doesn't look good
Mar 10 - 2nd Beta was down to 5 th_abfn.gif

IVF #2

April 1 - WTF appt, got green light to start Estrace Primed Antagonist protocol again

April 8 - CD1 

April 30 - CD23 - Start taking Estrace 

May 13 - CD1

May 17 - Assigned CD3 - started 300iu Puregon & 150iu Menopur

May 21 - CD7 - lining is 0.5. Ovaries are still too quiet to see anything

May 23 - CD9 - lining 0.66. Right side 3 < 1.0. Can't see left side

May 24 - CD10 - start Ganirelix

May 25 - CD11 - lining 0.8. Right side 1.2, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 0.9, 0.8.  Still can't see left side

May 27 - CD13 - lining 0.9. Right side 1.4, 1.4, 1.4, 1.4, 1.2, 1.2, 1.2, 1.1, 1.1, 1.0, 1.0. Still can't see left side. Noticed fluid on my lining that we need to keep an eye on. May mean a freeze all if it doesn't go away.

May 29 - CD15  - lining 1.3. Right side 1.9, 1.8, 1.8, 1.7, 1.65, 1.6, 1.55, 1.5, 1.5, 1.25, 1.2, 1.1 (13 total). Still can't see left side. Fluid on lining is just a "sliver in lower uterine cavity". Trigger tonight.

May 31 - CD17 - ER - 8 eggs retrieved from right side
June 1 - day 1 embryo report - all 8 eggs were mature. 6 already showing signs of fertilization

June 2 - day 2 embryo report - 6 fertilized are all now 4-6 cells which is what they like to see for day 2. The other 2 did not fertilize.

June 3 - day 3 embryo report - They expect 8-10 cells by day 3. We have 1 @ 10 cell, 1 @ 9 cell and 4 @ 8 cell. She said that was very good news.

June 5 - Day 5 - transferred one 2cc blast and two compacting morulas

June 6 - day 6 - none made it to freeze so this is officially our last shot at this

June 9 - 4dp5dt - HPT was BFN

June 10 - 5dp5dt - HPT was BFN

June 11 - 6dp5dt - FRER HPT was BFN - starting to lose hope sad.png

June 12 - 7dp5dt - FRER HPT had the faintest second line (maybe I am imagining it?) possible BFP?

June 13 - 8dp5dt - Digital HPT on FMU was BFN. AF arrived with a vengeance this morning. It's not official until after tomorrow's beta but I am pretty sure we are done sad.png

June 14 - Beta #1 th_abfn.gif

This was our last OHIP funded cycle and we can't afford to try again. I really wish IF treatment wasn't so damn expensive so that everyone who deserves a family could have a chance at one! Heartbroken.

#62 MuffinMama

MuffinMama
  • Global 100+
  • 150 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:59 AM

Tara-Lynn, that looks almost exactly like my calendar! (Except I have to go in for b/w and u/s on CD20 before I start Estrace.) Glad to know I'm not wome weird anomaly =)

I'm with Blue Cross (CF), so I can't have meds billed directly if they're purchased outside our "system" unfortunately. DH has me as a dependant on his PSHCP (he's a federal employee in another department), so if they do end up covering my meds (as they should?!?!?!?!), then I might be able to have them billed directly through them? Glen Shields isn't too far from work, so if I am approved and can get my meds billed directly, I might go through them?

#63 TJ33

TJ33
  • Global 100+
  • 252 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:32 PM

Hi Ladies!

I am now on CD 4... 2nd day of injections (300 of Puregon and 75 of Repronex)! So far so good. I don't really feel any different. The injections were not as bad as I thought. I am doing them myself... I was a little nervous yesterday doing them for the 1st time but it went good and they didn't hurt. Today I felt a little more burning but overall everything is going good.

I am going back in on Thursday for my CD7 BW and US... :)

IVF #1 - MAY 2014

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) 196

Beta #2 (12dp5dt) 799

#64 MuffinMama

MuffinMama
  • Global 100+
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:13 AM

Yay for getting your shots done on your own!!! I was so nervous the first time too, and was surprised that it didn't hurt as much as I thought it would! (Except the Orgalutron/Ganirelix. That stuff hurt!) It's been a year and a half since I was on injections though, and there are more needles now, so I'm all nervous again...

I'll be in Thursday morning as well for my check to start Estrace :)

#65 TJ33

TJ33
  • Global 100+
  • 252 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:23 PM

Thankfully mine don't hurt... I was happy to see how small the needles were lol - I was sooooo nervous! I think I have a handle on it now though :)

Too funny that we'll both be there Thursday... my appointment is at 8:45am. I'll be travelling from Oakville so I didn't want to go in for 7am!

Good Luck on Thursday!

How are you doing Tara-Lynn? Will you be starting this weekend?

IVF #1 - MAY 2014

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) 196

Beta #2 (12dp5dt) 799

#66 MuffinMama

MuffinMama
  • Global 100+
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:44 PM

Thanks!

I'm the exact opposite. I start work at eight in North York, so the earlier the better! I was sad to have a seven-thirty appointment :( I've got to butter up the nurses so I get the earlier times!

#67 Tara-Lynn

Tara-Lynn
  • Global 100+
  • 244 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:33 PM

Hi TJ, I am still waiting for AF to show up. Should have been here yesterday or today but there is still no sign of her.  Hopefully she doesn't wait too much longer. I want to get this show on the road already! LOL

History
2001 - IVF #1 with previous spouse at Mt.Sinai (16 ER, 9 fertilized, 3d3 transferred, BFN - 6d3 frosties, none survived thaw)
2002 - Laparotomy to attempt repair of blocked tubes (unsuccessful but didn't know that for sure until recently - long story) 
Jan-July 2013 - Stopped BCP to 'see what happens' if we TTC naturally (hoping for a miracle)
Nov 1st, 2013 - Follow up appointment to discuss test results and game plan - Blood tests all look good.  Had Sonohysterogram and confirmed surgery is needed to remove or block off tube on left side. No surgery dates until 2014.

IVF #1
Feb 21 - CD14 - ER - got 8 eggs - 7 eggs were mature, 7 fertilized by day 3 - [email protected] cell grade 1; [email protected] cell gr 1; [email protected] cell gr 1; [email protected] cell gr 1; 1 @12 cell gr 2
Feb 26 - Day 5 ET - transferred one 3BA blast and one 1BB blast, none survived to freeze

IVF #2

April 1 - WTF appt, got green light to start Estrace Primed Antagonist protocol again

April 8 - CD1 

May 13 - CD1

May 25 - CD11 - lining 0.8. Right side 1.2, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 0.9, 0.8.  Still can't see left side

May 27 - CD13 - lining 0.9. Right side 1.4, 1.4, 1.4, 1.4, 1.2, 1.2, 1.2, 1.1, 1.1, 1.0, 1.0. Still can't see left side. Noticed fluid on my lining that we need to keep an eye on. May mean a freeze all if it doesn't go away.

May 29 - CD15  - lining 1.3. Right side 1.9, 1.8, 1.8, 1.7, 1.65, 1.6, 1.55, 1.5, 1.5, 1.25, 1.2, 1.1 (13 total). Still can't see left side. Fluid on lining is just a "sliver in lower uterine cavity". Trigger tonight.

June 1 - day 1 embryo report - all 8 eggs were mature. 6 already showing signs of fertilization

June 2 - day 2 embryo report - 6 fertilized are all now 4-6 cells which is what they like to see for day 2. The other 2 did not fertilize.

June 3 - day 3 embryo report - They expect 8-10 cells by day 3. We have 1 @ 10 cell, 1 @ 9 cell and 4 @ 8 cell. She said that was very good news.

June 6 - day 6 - none made it to freeze so this is officially our last shot at this

June 12 - 7dp5dt - FRER HPT had the faintest second line (maybe I am imagining it?) possible BFP?

June 13 - 8dp5dt - Digital HPT on FMU was BFN. AF arrived with a vengeance this morning. It's not official until after tomorrow's beta but I am pretty sure we are done sad.png

This was our last OHIP funded cycle and we can't afford to try again. I really wish IF treatment wasn't so damn expensive so that everyone who deserves a family could have a chance at one! Heartbroken.

#68 TJ33

TJ33
  • Global 100+
  • 252 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:57 PM

MuffinMama - how did your appointment go? Did you start Estrace?

Tara-Lynn - hopefully AF shows up soon!!!

My appointment went ok today. I'm not sure if they were running behind but when I got their there was about 10 ladies ahead of me... So I booked my CD9 appointment for 7am on Saturday lol
So far I have 3 follicles on each side... Which I'm ok with... 6 is better than none! Especially with DOR
The doctor said not to worry about it and that Saturday would be a more accurate indication
Come on Saturday!!!

IVF #1 - MAY 2014

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) 196

Beta #2 (12dp5dt) 799

#69 MuffinMama

MuffinMama
  • Global 100+
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:11 AM

Six is great for DOR!!! FX that they all grow nicely :)

Hopefully AF shows up soon for you Tara-Lynn! Why is it that you never get your period when you want it, but it does when you don't? Nature messing with us again!

It was insane in there yesterday. Standing room only, and I got there at quarter after seven! My appointment went fine. I start Estrace today! They saw what they said was either a follicle or a cyst, but that it's pretty common? (In addition to the corpus luteum cyst.) I just hope it goes away by the time AF gets here! Also, my progesterone was 39?!?!??! It has NEVER been that high! I've never seen it above a 4. In about a dozen cycles that I've had it tested in. I guess that Synthroid is working!

#70 MuffinMama

MuffinMama
  • Global 100+
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:06 PM

AF showed up and I go in for my baseline tomorrow morning!!!!!! :D

Tara-Lynn - Where are you at? Are you still waiting?

TJ - Any word? You should be having your ER around now, shouldn't you?

#71 Tara-Lynn

Tara-Lynn
  • Global 100+
  • 244 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:56 AM

Hi MuffinMama. Congrats on AF showing up! She showed for me on Tuesday finally (a week late) and we are actually in our way to TO for our CD3 appt right now. Maybe I'll see you there!

History

IVF #1
Feb 21 - CD14 - ER - got 8 eggs - 7 eggs were mature, 7 fertilized by day 3 - [email protected] cell grade 1; [email protected] cell gr 1; [email protected] cell gr 1; [email protected] cell gr 1; 1 @12 cell gr 2

IVF #2

April 8 - CD1 

May 13 - CD1

#72 TJ33

TJ33
  • Global 100+
  • 252 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:57 AM

Hi Ladies!

Sorry it's been so long... this past week has been a blur!

We had our retrieval Friday... we knew we had 3 follicles on the left and nothing on the right... I was soooo nervous!

They ended up getting 5 mature egss! All which fertilized and all 5 are still growing strong today... we just got our update from the lab!

He said they all look amazing and we will do a 5 day transfer which will be Wednesday!

MuffinMama - how did your appointment go?

Tara-Lynn - do you start your injections today? How did your appointment go?

IVF #1 - MAY 2014

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) 196

Beta #2 (12dp5dt) 799

#73 MuffinMama

MuffinMama
  • Global 100+
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:17 PM

That's awesome news about your eggs/embryos TJ!!! I'll be in on Wednesday for my next monitoring appointment, so I might see you there then too! I hope they're all rockstars and your transfer goes smoothly!

Tara-Lynn - We probably did see each other! It was kind of a gong show on Saturday. I don't know if that's par for the course on the weekends? I was in for 0830 and people were forgotten about, nobody was going in order, and the nurses didn't seem to know when people were done or anything! (Also, I'm supposed to be part of two of the studies and they didn't have any of the paperwork?) Hopefully Wednesday goes better!

Our baseline went fine. They didn't really give me any information, just that my cyst was down to 1cm and that it was fine to go ahead. The first shots last night weren't too bad. I got a big bruise from the Gonal-F, and the Luveris burned like a mo-fo, but I let it sit for a minute before injecting today and was WAY better! I go back on Wednesday to see how many follicles are developing :)

#74 Tara-Lynn

Tara-Lynn
  • Global 100+
  • 244 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:34 PM

Fantastic news TJ. Keep us posted on how your little embabies are developing.

MuffinMama, I was there at 8:30 too. I have never seen it that crazy in there. We showed up at 7:50 and didn't get out until 9:10. Normally I am in and out in less than half an hour! It sounds like you and I are on the exact same timeline. I am back in on Wednesday at 7:30 for cd7 scans. Maybe I'll see you there!
  • MuffinMama likes this

History

IVF #1

IVF #2

April 8 - CD1 

May 13 - CD1

#75 MuffinMama

MuffinMama
  • Global 100+
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:42 PM

I'm at 0730 on Wednesday as well! I'll probably be wearing my "lucky" socks, so you'll know it's me ;) (I was wearing my "awkward" ones on Saturday. I have quite a sock collection!)

I didn't get out of there until eleven. I was so annoyed! I had an appointment in Burlington at eleven, so I was just a "little" late. I'm really hoping that it's not so bad on Wednesday, otherwise I'll miss half my workday!

• Tara-Lynn likes this