• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#251 AllySkyy

AllySkyy
  • 76 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Mt Sinai

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:17 PM

I don't like that the process seems to be dragged out.  I was given an antagonist protocol, but was not given any of the presciptions for me to fill out.  The RE wants me to do the AMH testing which from what I hear takes sometime to get results back.  Why didn't she give this to me when she initially mailed out the req form for all the blood work I had to do prior to my first consult.  I'm thinking okay we'll start in Jan when my SO gets back from touring the Caribbean, but my RE had scheduled my next appt for March 18th.  Why so far apart?  I left a message today request to push up my appt's before my SO goes on another tour in April.  My RE kept saying well your still young you have lots of time.  I've already been waiting 10 years to get the show on the road, and it just seems she prolonging the entire process.  I kind of wish I had Dr. Shapiro.  I don't recall ever going through this drawn out process with her.  So frustrated. Sigh.

Me: 33

DS:13

FurBaby: 1, Mya

Dx: unexplained/ blocked tubes since 2004

IVF Consult Oct 22

Given the Antagonist protocol.  

meds: Estrace, Puregon, Orgalutron, Pregnyl, Progesterone

IVF # 1.0 February 2015 - cancelled th_awhopedo.gif

Jan 28th - Estrace Priming

Feb 6th  - CD1

#252 TJ33

TJ33
  • Global 100+
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Camping / Fishing / Anything Outdoors!
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:21 PM

Sorry to hear they are dragging things out... very frustrating when you are ready to get things started. When do you see your RE again? Maybe schedule an appointment and let her know you are ready to start and want to skip the AMH... did she mention anything about your follicle count being low on an ultrasound? This whole process is hard enough as it is... definitely call back to make an appointment and let her know you are ready to start ASAP... Keep us posted :)

Me - 34 (DOR - AMH 0.59) / DH - 37 (Some male factors)
TTC for 4 years, Diagnosed with DOR (Summer 2013)

Doctor recommended IVF with ICSI - giving us a 5% success rate

IVF #1 - MAY 2014

ER May 16 - 5 AMAZING mature eggs! All 5 fertilized!

ET May 21 - Transferred great looking day 5 blasts (1BB & 1CC) and we have one on ice! (1CC)

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) 196

Beta #2 (12dp5dt) 799

th_abfp.gif  YAY!!! So happy and feeling so blessed!

US June 23 (7 weeks, 4 days) TWO AMAZING HEARTBEATS!!! (Baby A 150 BPM and Baby B 156 BPM)

US July 28 (12 weeks, 4 days) Both babies measured on track and were moving around like crazy! (Baby A 150 BPM and Baby B 157 BPM)

US September 15 (19 weeks, 4 days) Everything looked great! Literally two bouncing baby boys!!! (Baby A 141 BPM and Baby B 144 BPM)

US #2 October 1 - Tech was able to get missing measurements. So nice to see my boys bouncing around!

Check up with OB October 17 - 6 MONTH MARK YAY!!! Everything looked great from last two US's. OB sending me for blood work and glucose test. Go back in 2 weeks for follow up.

Feeling so blessed! Praying my peanuts continue to grow nice and strong! babyboy.gif babyboy.gif 

#253 AllySkyy

AllySkyy
  • 76 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:03 PM

My next appt is Mar 18.  My RE suggested the Puregon antagonist protocol.  I called twice and left messages regarding moving my appt sooner and have yet to receive a call back.  I think the AMH will help, as this will basically determine the best protocol, right?!?  I don't want to just start the cycle on a whim and have the protocol changed and altered causing more unnecessary expenses and delays.  She said my follicle count was fine.  4 on the left, 5 on the right.  She wants rough 8-10 follicles when I do stims.  Maybe I'm just impatient,  I'm just tired of being told "well you're still young".  I heard that for 10 years.  I just want to slap someone every time its said to me.

Another thing.  if you request to transfer 2 embies on day 3 fully aware of all the risks and complications can they refuse this request?  RE is dead set on not doing this when both SO and I would like to proceed with this?

Sorry for my rants blush.png

IVF Consult Oct 22

Feb 6th  - CD1

#254 mollyc

mollyc
  • 13 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Mount Sinai CFRH

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:35 PM

Erg, the "you're still young" thing drives me nuts too! Although, my last IUI in August, the nurse said, "How old are you?" and I told her I was 31. She said, "Well have you considered In Vitro? You're not getting any younger." Seriously??

Hope you get everything sorted out AllySkyy!

#255 TJ33

TJ33
  • Global 100+
  • 252 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:31 PM

March 18th??? That's REALLY far away... do you have to wait that long to do the AMH test?

My protocol was Antagonist and I took Puregon as well... I have severe DOR though. Did they say why they picked that protocol for you?

I don't understand why they are making you wait so long...

I am not sure if you can demand transferring two... I know my RE did as she knew I would not respond well to the meds (and I didn't)... The intention was never to have twins but I was very lucky both stuck. I actually recall Dr C asking me how I convinced Shapiro to transfer two... and I was like - this was pretty much my only shot and she knew that. It makes me wonder what if Shapiro wasn't the RE on duty the day of my transfer... what would have happened? Transferring two definitely gives you a better chance that one out of the two will implant.

Maybe find out if you can request  new RE?

Keep us posted!

IVF #1 - MAY 2014

ET May 21 - Transferred great looking day 5 blasts (1BB & 1CC) and we have one on ice! (1CC)

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) 196

Beta #2 (12dp5dt) 799

US June 23 (7 weeks, 4 days) TWO AMAZING HEARTBEATS!!! (Baby A 150 BPM and Baby B 156 BPM)

US July 28 (12 weeks, 4 days) Both babies measured on track and were moving around like crazy! (Baby A 150 BPM and Baby B 157 BPM)

US September 15 (19 weeks, 4 days) Everything looked great! Literally two bouncing baby boys!!! (Baby A 141 BPM and Baby B 144 BPM)

US #2 October 1 - Tech was able to get missing measurements. So nice to see my boys bouncing around!

Check up with OB October 17 - 6 MONTH MARK YAY!!! Everything looked great from last two US's. OB sending me for blood work and glucose test. Go back in 2 weeks for follow up.

Feeling so blessed! Praying my peanuts continue to grow nice and strong! babyboy.gif babyboy.gif 

#256 et23

et23
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:22 PM

Hi all :)
Just wanted to say hello - I'm new to the IVF world, just had my first retrieval yesterday and now keeping my fingers crossed! Would love to meet other people in the same boat.
Good luck to you all!

#257 AllySkyy

AllySkyy
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:50 PM

ET23 - th_awelcome.gif to the group.  Sending icon_stickyvibespink.gif your way.

Molly - What the nurse said is nearly insulting.  I would have personally taken that offensively. How rude.

TJ - In regards to the Mar 18th date, I wish she had told me that this would be the date my potential beta would be tested.  So I'm set to start Estrace in January's cycle after I ovulate, then straight to Stims in February, ER, ET, 2ww.  The Mar 18th date was moved to Apr 1st, since Mar 18th, will be still to early to test for beta.

RE didn't say why I was put on the Puregon protocol.  When I was with Shapiro about 3 years ago, she had prescribed the Repronex, Suprefact and Orgulatron protocol.  Not sure what the difference is, though. 

Me and SO have always been set on two because we actually do want twin.  As silly as this may sound, in our culture, its not really favoured to have children over the age of 30.   So we just want to have the two kids that we were intending on having at once.  We only want to go through this whole IVF ordeal once and be done with it forever.rolleyes.gif

IVF Consult Oct 22

Feb 6th  - CD1

#258 MuffinMama

MuffinMama
  • Global 100+
  • 150 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:32 AM

Hi everyone! I hope I can jump back in here? I know it's been... awhile tongue.png

We're set to cycle again in Feb/March. AF should be here in a few days, but we've got a few other things going on, so we're calling in CD1 of the following cycle. We'll be doing a long protocol this time (we did estrogen priming last time) with a higher dose of meds to try and get as many eggs as possible, in the hopes that we can get at least ones normal embryo this go round? Dr Arthur already has a plan in place, thinking that I will probably overstimulate and we'll have to do a FET. Seems different to me, to *expect* to overstimulate, but if it works, I'll take it? She also plans on putting back 2. We'll see if we make it to that point?

We have alot of mixed emotions going into this, but all we can do is wait and hope for the best, right? Good luck to everybody!

• TJ33 likes this

#259 TJ33

TJ33
  • Global 100+
  • 252 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:03 PM

Wishing you all the best in this cycle MuffinMama! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you!

IVF #1 - MAY 2014

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) 196

Beta #2 (12dp5dt) 799

#260 MuffinMama

MuffinMama
  • Global 100+
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:56 PM

Thanks TJ!!! I can't wait to see outside pics of your little guys <3 You're SO CLOSE!!!!

#261 et23

et23
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:46 PM

Hi all :)

Sad news - my retrieval in December only got 5 eggs, 1 immature so 4 injected with ICSI. Only one fertilized, and it didn't make it past day 1 :(. Needless to say, we were pretty devastated.

So now, onward and upward :). We've decided (after reviewing with Dr. Arthur) that the best plan will be to use my partner's eggs + our donor sperm for the next cycle, freeze all, and do an FET into me. It'll be pretty cool if it works, as we already have a daughter by this donor that my partner carried (2nd IUI stuck, lucky girl) so she and new little bean would be full siblings.

My partner just had her AFC done yesterday (26!!) and things are looking good, so she'll go back Day 21 (Feb 2) to start Estrace. Then stims (planned hyperstim because she won't be getting pregnant anyway) and see what happens :).

Good luck all!

#262 MuffinMama

MuffinMama
  • Global 100+
  • 150 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:44 PM

Hi et23! I'm sorry to hear about your last cycle :(

We're with Dr Arthur and planning to overstim as well. It seems really weird to think that they're "aiming" for that, you know? That's really neat that your children would be biologically full siblings, even though you both get to carry them! Good luck to you guys!!!

#263 ReallyHopeful2015

ReallyHopeful2015
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:16 PM

Hi there - anyone have any experience with Dr. Cruickshank at Mt Sinai CFRH?  My DH and I are currently dealing with her, no previous clinic of IVF cycles.  Looking for some feedback.....

#264 MuffinMama

MuffinMama
  • Global 100+
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:37 PM

Hi there ReallyHopeful2015! I've never met her (even while cycling, I think she may have been on vacation or something while I was cycling? I met pretty much all the others!) but hopefully somebody else has personal experience :)

When are you looking at cycling?

#265 unsure

unsure
  • Global 100+
  • 310 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:46 PM

Muffinmama - Best of luck on your upcoming cycle! 

Reallyhopeful - I was with Dr Cruickshank and I quite like her.  She's really patient during appointments with us and took the time to explain each step. 

Me - 36
DH - 43
Issue - using sperm frozen pre DH's cancer treatment

IVF#1: July 2014
- retrieved 13 eggs, 11 fertilized with ICSI, 5 made it to day 5, 2 came back normal after PGS
- transferred 1 on day 6
- BFN

FET#1: Sep 2014
- transferred remaining frostie
- BFN

IVF#2: Nov 2014

- 2 PGS normal frosties

FET#2:  Dec 2014

- transferred 1 blast on Dec 2

- BFP!  Due date Aug 22, 2015!

#266 MuffinMama

MuffinMama
  • Global 100+
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:47 PM

Thanks unsure!

Congratulations to you!!! You're just about halfway now, eh? Are you going to find out what you're having?