No replies to this topic

#1 kah72

kah72

KahPhDResearcher

• 10 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:52 AM

Hello, 

My name is Katie Hammond and I am a Canadian researcher studying for a PhD at the University of Cambridge, UK. For my PhD I am writing a dissertation on the experiences of Canadian egg donors and intended parents. This project is an extension of work that I conducted through interviews with egg donors and fertility counselors, nurses and doctors for my Masters in Philosophy (also from Cambridge).  

In my research, I hope to collect information on women’s experiences with egg donation in Canada. Research such as this that looks at women’s egg donation experience is crucial for informing decisions surrounding the further development of legislation (such as the Assisted Human Reproduction Act) that regulates egg donation in Canada. Currently, there is a gap in the literature of research on Canadian egg donation. Interviews with egg donors and intended parents form a crucial part of my research by providing first hand information on the experiences of egg donation in Canada. I would be very interested to hear your views and learn about your experiences surrounding egg donation in Canada.

I would greatly appreciate the chance to speak with any egg donors (whether you have already donated or are considering donation) and any intended parents (whether you have used donor eggs or are looking for a donor) either via telephone, or a questionnaire via email. All participants will remain unnamed. If you are interested or have any questions, please email me at [email protected] and I can send you my information sheet and consent form. 

Thank you so much for considering taking part in this important area of research. I wish you all the best with your donation. 

Katie Hammond 
PhD Candidate
Department of Sociology
University of Cambridge, UK

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: egg donation, intended parents, IVF