• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 yellowrose

yellowrose
  • 11 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:NL Fertility Services

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:10 PM

My partner will need to have sperm extracted using the Micro Tese method followed by IVF in order for us to conceive. I'm wondering if there is anything he should or shouldn't be doing leading up to the micro tese procedure that could help us have stronger, healthier sperm. I'd appreciate any advice you may have. Thanks!

#2 BrandyRelaxing

BrandyRelaxing
  • Global 100+
  • 178 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:50 PM

I'd talk to your doctor about what he/she would recommend, but generally there are vitamins he shoudl be taking - there are a couple different kinds.  I'm no expert on it, but I'm sure others can provide an opinion.

-stay away from BPAs - stop drinking bottled water, stop heating up food in plastic containers in the microwave

-exercise in moderation

-eat healthy - i.e. avoid sweeteners, chemicals, try to eat organic if possible

-stop smoking

-don't drink more than 2 alcoholic drinks per week

-reduce the temperature of the testicles - i.e. boxers, don't use the seat warmer in the car, don't put a laptop on his lap

-have sex often (my FS said that often frequent sex can improve sperm production)

While no one thing can make a big difference, together they can help.  If I was you, I'd google what to do, and see what it says.  Some things I might not think to write, but if your hubby is exposed to chemicals at work, that's something to be wary of as well.

Also, it depends on why he's having a mTESE - that can impact what is important to change as well.

Best of luck!

Brandy

Me: So far all normal, slightly high TSH (3.4) found in January 2014

DH: Azoospermia, likely testicular failure

July 2013 - IVF with ICSI #1 - 13 eggs retrieved, 1 fertilized with mTESE sperm, 3 feriltized with donor sperm, transferred 1 with mTESE sperm - BFN. 

October 2013 - FET #1 - transferred 2 day 3 donor sperm embryos - BFN 

December 2013 - dIUI#1 - Femara cd3-7 - ovulated 3 eggs - double dIUI (Dec 14-15) - BFN

January 2014 - dIUI#2 - Puregon 100 IU - ovulated 4 eggs - double dIUI (Jan 9-10) - BFP!!!  yahoo.gif

Jan 22 - beta 77

Jan 24 - beta 225 - 31 hour doubling time!

Jan 26 - beta 537 - 40 hour doubling time!

Jan 29 - beta 1626 - 43 hour doubling time!

Feb 1 - beta 5341 - 44 hour doubling time!

Feb 10 - first ultrasound - measuring on track, and HB of 124!  Blood clot seen on the ultrasound, so told to "take it easy", and I will!

Feb 16 - second ultrasound - measuring on track and HB of 153!  Blood clot pretty much gone!  WOO HOO!

March 3 - fourth ultrasound - 9w3d - still measuring on track and HB of 166!

March 20 - fifth ultrasound - 12w - measuring on track, and HB of 167!

March 23 - found out - it's a girl!!! babygirl.gif

September 26 - Kathryn Laura Elizabeth born, 8 pounds, 9 ounces, happy and healthy!

November 15, 2018 (FET date) - Using the one frozen embryo left to try for baby #2.  Quality is low, 5-6 cell, day 3 and 3/5 quality - BFN

December 2018 IUI - BFN

January 2019 IVF - freeze all - 2 day 5 embryos to PGS and freeze

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: micro tese, azoospermia, sperm, preparation, male, men, father, healthy