Used Donor sperm - Ask The Fertility Lawyer - Forums

Jump to content


Used Donor sperm

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 donnatavella

  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:30 PM

6 years ago I was married, we tried using IVF but it didn't work. We then turned to donor sperm. I put my husbands name on the birth certificate but would now like to have it removed. We have been divorced since the child was 6months old and he has almost nothing to do with him. Can this be done?

#2 GraceM

  • Cyclebase
  • 1438 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:undetermined

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

Where do you live?  It's something you should speak with a family lawyer about.  You will need someone who has experience with fertility law and family law.  It all depends on local law.  Your local bar association can likely make a recommendation.

#3 sharlene

  • Cyclebase
  • 1737 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:USA
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:USA

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:23 PM

He would likely have to give up his parental rights - not a small thing.  Speak to an attorney - perhaps a consult with the one who posts here - I am not familiar with Canadian law - under NY law, the husband is the presumptive father, even with donor sperm.  Does he want to be removed - I can't imagine you could do it without his agreement.  Good luck.

#4 Andrew143

  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:44 AM

I had someone google the doctor. So even though my note made no mention of the medical reason, or the doctor's specialty (I asked the doctor to use something other than their formal letterhead), thinking that would be enough to give me privacy.



Get C4040-225  - certkiller for test king and 500-254  - braindumps - exam with 100% guaranteed. Our high quality fcc prepares you well before in the final exams of Southern California University of Health Sciences.