- - - - -

Open letter of thanks

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13136 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:50 AM

My dear, sweet friends, cheerleaders, and members,

Thank you. 

Especially Butterfli who gave me wings this week in what has been (to put it mildly) a difficult time. 

Here I am fumbling through this world without fully grasping the reach my actions have had on others, but then I get an unexpected, and very welcome, outpouring of love and support.

And I am humbled. And deeply moved. And thankful. 

I marvel at the timing because a few of my broken pieces have fallen out of place and your outpouring of love is like glue.

My deepest and sincere thanks.

Love,

GG

• mouse, allcriedout, Nitzerette and 16 others like this

#2 MB.

MB.
  • Global 100+
  • 764 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:55 AM

Hugs GG. You deserve only good things.
  • gibasgirl, Red Wine and My_time like this

#3 Red Wine

Red Wine
  • Cyclebase
  • 2692 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:02 AM

You are supportive of everyone on this forum and you deserve a big hug!

• Nitzerette, gibasgirl and My_time like this

See about me page.

#4 silverdollar

silverdollar
  • Cyclebase
  • 3483 posts
  • Interests:Outdoor sports and activities of all types.
    Kids, sewing, photography, cooking, growing stuff in my garden.
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Victoria Fertility Centre

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:16 AM

Totally agree with Butterfli, and everyone else that posted. This place wouldn't be the same without you.
  • gibasgirl and My_time like this

Unexplained IF/ DOR. Began TTC in 2008.
After a wild and crazy ride on the treatment train, our baby GIRL arrived on Jan 6, 2012
Hold on.... Surprise spontaneous just 7 months postpartum while still breastfeeding!!! Baby boy born May 2, 2013
My heart couldn't be more full :)

Full details are now in my profile "About Me" page

#5 want2babies

want2babies
  • Cyclebase
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:02 AM

totally agree with everyone here. you have been so kind to people on this forum, even throughout your own ups and downs. you deserve the best!

#6 smc

smc

BiCentennial

• Cyclebase
  • 4982 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with family and friends.
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

Sending lots of love!  You are such an amazing cheerleader for everyone on the site!  Wouldn't be the same without you!

• mouse, gibasgirl and My_time like this
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

#7 Bubby99

Bubby99
  • 1000+
  • 1344 posts
  • My Clinic:Hannam, US DE clinic TBD

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:18 AM

Ahhh GG so sweet, what you said brings tears to my eyes icon_cry.gif

The support you have received is well deserved.

Me - 37 38 DOR

DH - 39 40 (swimmers perfect)

TTC December 2010

Nautral cycle with clomid - too many to count 2012
Cancelled IUI - July 2012 (cysts)
September 2012 IUI mt Sinai BFN
Switched clinics January 2013 to Hannam
IVF #1
ER July 2013 - 4 follies 1 egg unsure.png 
ET July 2013 - transferred 1 embryo grade 2 7 cell
Current 2ww
Aug 2013 th_abfn.gif cry.gif

Sept 2013 Told IVF with my OE is not going to work cry.gif ...time to move onto to Plan B.

2015 Plan B donor eggs

#8 If at first

If at first
  • Global 100+
  • 373 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Mt Sinai

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:43 AM

th_agree.gif Agree, agree, agree. You have been that glue for so many of us. I'm very thankful for you GG and you have personally been of great help and light to me. THANK YOU.

Journey on 'about me' page

#9 Muminwaiting

Muminwaiting
  • Global 100+
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Completing my family
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:CReATe

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

I echo what all the ladies have said. Its true you are a great person and always here for everyone.
Me 40 DH 37 July 2012 HSG test showed blocked tubesSept 16/13 Consult at CReATe with Dr. Librach who will make me a Mummy in 2014Sept 16/13 Bloodwork and AMH test (A little low)Oct 15/13: Hysterscopy 2 polyps removed and 2 coils insertedIVF #1Nov 4th: CD2 start BCPNov 11th: Start Lupron injectionsNov 27: Start Gonal F and RepronexDec 12: ER Estrace and Progesterone suppositoriesDec 15: ET 3 survived the process (including ICSI) Transferred 2. 1 frozenPregnancy test December 29th: BFNFET #1Start Estrace againJan 8/14: IV IntralipidsFET: Jan 16Beta test results Feb 1st: BFFN February 2014 fibroid removed

#10 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13136 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

Thank you very much. I am choked up.

• My_time likes this

#11 Yearning

Yearning
  • Cyclebase
  • 1538 posts
  • Interests:Horses, Show Jumping, Reading, Chemistry, Genetics, Math.
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Foothills

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

GG sending you all of the love, positivity and prayers that I can.  I cannot tell you how many times I have read something that you have written and have wished that I knew you in real life so that I could give you a big hug.  You are truly an amazing person and a gift to every one on this site.  You are quite simply awe inspiring.

I am glad that sometimes we can help you, even if it is in a small way.  I truly wish you all of the love and happiness that you so deserve.

• Nitzerette, gibasgirl and My_time like this

#12 Nitzerette

Nitzerette
  • Global 100+
  • 783 posts
  • Interests:travelling
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:none now

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:08 AM

Hey GG. You deserve many cheerleaders! Hope you are feeling better now :)

#13 Luckypenny

Luckypenny
  • Cyclebase
  • 1837 posts
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility Centre

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

Zan, I think of you often and send you thoughts and prayers and good vibes. You are truly an amazing, wonderful, incredible person. You so deserve all of the love and support that comes your way and more.

Me: 35 DH:35
Dx: Unexplained
Started ttc September 2006
November 2007 - Initial consult at LifeQuest
January 2008 - Diagnostic testing.
February 2008 - Test results - No problems with DH. Dr. suspected I had a PCOS variant and that I probably wasn't ovulating. Suggested superovulation (injectibles) with or without IUI
Decided to forgo treatment for the time being and focus on improving my health.
March 2008 - October 2009 - LOTS of alternative therapy. You name it, I tried it!
February 2009 - confirmed via cycle monitoring I was now ovulating and my ovaries both look fine. Officially unexplained IF. Hmmm, now what?
Next Steps: Had initial consult with Dr. Virro at Markham Fertility Centre on October 1, 2009. Hysteroscopy/laproscopy performed on February 5, 2010. Post op appointment on March 8, 2010. Found out one small spot of endo removed from uterus and a very tiny septum resected.
Started BCP on March 31, 2010.
First IVF (first anything!) cycle after.
Last BCP April 20th.
Started stims: April 25 (Puregon - varied from 100iu to 42.5iu, Menopur - 75iu, and orgalutron)
ER date - May 5th.
14 retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized - 4 via IVF, 3 via ICSI
3 days past retrieval - 5 8-cell embryos (3 via IVF, 2 via ICSI), 2 lagging 6-cell embryos (1 via IVF, 1 via ICSI)
ET on May 10, 5day past retrieval - tranferred 1 "superb, could sell it on e-bay" embaby - grade 5AB0! 4 more "lovely" totsicles (2 5day, 2 6day). The ivf embies did better than the icsi embies.
Beta - May 21s: BFP! Beta was 507! Still early days, but we're happy to be pg!
Viability scan - June 11. Baby right on track, heartrate of 140bpm, measuring 7weeks 1day at just over 1cm long. HOWEVER, big cyst in my right ovary. Going back for another u/s in two weeks to monitor the cyst.
U/S to monitor cyst - June 24 - cyst shrank slightly. Baby still measuring on track, 9weeks 1day and just over 2cm long, heartrate of 167bpm
12week u/s - July 12 - cyst had shrank to 2cm. Baby looked like a baby! Moving around and flailing arms and legs. Just over 5.5cm long, heartrate of 160bpm. Nuchal scan and nasal bone both looked good. Doctor's appointment went well.
20 week ultrasound and doctors appointment - baby looks good - its a girl :) Test results from IPS test show a 1 in 20,000 risk of a chromosomal abnormality. Placenta is partially covering cervix, doctor will check again at 32 weeks.
26 week doctors appointment - GD test
30 week doctors appointment - got GD test results, I passed. Baby measuring on track, good strong heartbeat :)
32 week doctors appointment - u/s to check placenta position to see if it has been pulled up from my cervix and also to check baby's size

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#14 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13136 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:02 PM

Ohhh, thank you very much.

Truly.
  • My_time likes this

#15 My_time

My_time

The world says give up! Hope whispers one more time

• Cyclebase
  • 1817 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:41 AM

Emoticons09710.gif I agree and love to see so many nice words here Emoticons09710.gif

• gibasgirl, MB. and Red Wine like this

Diagnosis: Repeated Pregnancy Loss + DOR + Advance maternal Age.

So far no luck with IVF attempts. Hope things take a turn soon.

#16 nettibug

nettibug
  • Cyclebase
  • 1074 posts
  • My Clinic:N/A

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:43 AM

GG, you deserve everything and more.  When I think of this site and all of the support and strength it has given me, my next thought is always you.  You make this place so welcoming and supportive and positive.  Can't thank YOU enough and wish to high heavens that 2014 is *your* year. 

• gibasgirl, MB. and Bubby99 like this

Single with secondary infertility, AMA, DOR, RPL.  TTC started with four failed IUI's.

IVF #1: converted to another IUI after 2 of 10 follies went rogue during stims --> BFN

IVF #2: 6 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized with ICSI --> 3dt of 4 high grade embryos with AH --> BFN

IVF #3: 6 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized with ICSI --> vitrified at 2PN (had to put TTC on hold)

IVF #4: 11 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized with ICSI --> 5dt of 3 blasts  --> th_abfp.gif --> lost HB at 8w4d 8388.gif

IVF #5: 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized with ICSI --> 5dt of 2 blasts --> th_abfp.gif --> missed m/c at 7w3d 8388.gif 

IVF #6: cancelled due to poor response --> IUI --> totally unexpected th_abfp.gif --> chemical 8388.gif

Getting off the IVF train and happily moving on to international adoption

Dossier approved & registered!  Waiting for a referral...  kaffeetrinker_2.gif

Nine months later, still waiting...

#17 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13136 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:45 AM

Thank you very much. I am deeply moved and humbled.

#18 lumnay

lumnay
  • Global 100+
  • 712 posts
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 05 June 2015 - 08:03 PM

Zan, I know this is an old post but I still wanted to add to this thread. You deserve all the love and support. You were the first one to welcome me here and I'll never forget how supportive you have been (and still are). I enjoy reading your posts and comments. You always have the insight, compassion, and understanding that women going through this incredibly difficult journey need. You are one of my favorite people here. I look up to you for you are amazingly strong and wise. - J
  • mouse, gibasgirl, silverdollar and 2 others like this

Who stole ambushed my stork?  So many failed cycles with nothing to show but bills, receipts, and empty bottles of medications/herbs/supplements. See my profile for details...

UPDATE: I'm counting the days and hours waiting for this miracle to unfold. Christina Perri's A Thousand Years pretty much sums up my experience.

#19 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13136 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 08:23 PM

Thank you very much. I am lifted up by your beautiful words and reviving the thread today couldn't be more perfect.
  • smurfette_w, ilovemydogs and lumnay like this

#20 openskyclearwaters

openskyclearwaters
  • Global 100+
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 10:52 PM

That was lovely.... I totally agree with you. 

• gibasgirl, Yearning and lumnay like this
Naturopath - has me on: B-Complex w/methylfolate, Pre-Natal, Cal:Mag, Omega, Vit D, Ubiquinol, NAC. Doctor - has me on Synthroid to lower thyroid TSH below 2.5 (reducing chance of miscarriage).- Found a great TCMD and doing acupuncture every week.
Sept - FET 1 5db, getting before and after acupuncture in the clinic.
Beta1: 577 🍼💝🍼 (4 weeks pregnant).
Beta2: 1003
Beta3: 3568
Ultrsnd1: baby has a strong heartbeat. (0.6 cm)
Ultrsnd 2: still growing (1.2 cm)
Ultrsnd 3: (2.6 cm).... Have a blood sack in my uterus which can result in a miscarriage. Have to take things really easy the next while.
Ultrsnd 4: (3.5 cm): blood sack disappeared in 1 week. Yay!!
Ultrsnd 5: (5cm): NT- baby moving around and kicking his/her legs. Waved and showed all their fingers.