6 replies to this topic

#1 Carson2010

Carson2010
  • Global 100+
  • 489 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:ONE Fertility Burlington

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:37 PM

Has anyone else experienced bleeding in their pregnancy? I have had bleeding now at 12 weeks and again at 13 weeks both lasting a day then turning to brown spotting. The first bleed was mostly pink drops of blood in the toilet followed by spotting. Went to the ER and baby was just fine. The second bleed was at 13 weeks and was a lot heavier and red blood and even some clots. Went to see OB right away and again baby was fine.

Anyone experience anything like this? I'm so scared!!!!

#2 Crazy

Crazy
  • 1000+
  • 2146 posts
  • Interests:Cooking (and eating!), hiking, camping, exercise, reading, gardening.
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:RFP - Calgary

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:17 PM

Don't panic. Some bleeding, especially in the first 3 or 4 months, is pretty common. I have read that 25% of pregnant women experience some and most of those go on to have a perfectly healthy baby. A few poor women have bleeding through out the pregnancy. It is great that you have gotten checked out quickly both times. Hopefully you won't experience anymore issues. Good luck!

#3 Butterfli

Butterfli
  • Super Moderator
  • 843 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Fertility East

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:38 AM

I spotted for about a week in my 18th wk...did test checked bub all came back fine. They couldn't explain it...the woman's body is a mysterious and wonderful thing and some ppl just have bleeds when they are pregnant. It's still freaking scary but normal :)

Me 30 DW 34 - Two mummies to be! I'll carry my wife's egg so we can blend our family

First IVF Cycle

March 2012 Fresh - BFN

April 2012 FET- BFN

May 2012 FET- BFP - M/c6w6d icon_cry.gif

Second IVF Cycle

August 31 Fresh- th_abfp.gif

1st Beta 265 (TG) 11dp3dt

Sep 8 - 2nd Beta 8751 18dp3dt

Sep 15 - 3rd Beta - 43066 25dp3dt

babyboy.gif DS is born the 4th of May 2013 and we are so smitten!

stork-baby.gifProject Sibling stork-baby.gif

Me - 32 DW - 36 DS - 1

Second IVF Cycle

April 2014 FET - BFN 

Third IVF Cycle

July 2014 Fresh - th_abfp.gif

1st Beta 105 (TG) 9dp5dt

2nd Beta 1150 14dp5dt

Third Beta 12470 21dp5dt

babyboy.gif DS is born 7th of March 2015 and he is so precious.

stork-baby.gifProject Siblingstork-baby.gif 

Planning in 2016

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

#4 Determinedmomma

Determinedmomma
  • Just Hatched
  • 18 posts
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program Calgary

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:21 AM

Many women spot during pregnancy. Subchorionic hemorrage is common as there is a lot of vascularization taking place. It is worth watching though. I had subchorionic hemmoraging at 5.5 weeks (a serious amount of blood) and spotted on and off until 15 weeks. I was on modified bed rest. The problem with my subchorionic hemorrage was that it caused problems for the placenta attachment. This was indicated during the 12 week bloodwork by one of the tests that can indicate either a higher risk for downs OR placental issues. I was supposed to have a placental bloodflow ultrasound at 18 weeks to check it out, but lost my son at 16 weeks due to a placental abruption. I would suggest you ask to be off work, rest and ask your doctor for analysis of placental attachment. 

#5 Carson2010

Carson2010
  • Global 100+
  • 489 posts
  • My Clinic:ONE Fertility Burlington

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

I have had 6 ultrasounds so far and all the doctors who have looked say they don't see anything unusual in the ultrasound. I asked my OB if there was any tearing of the placenta or anything and he said no he doesn't see anything. It's just so scary to have bleeding in pregnancy, especially when there is so much and now ive experience a fainting episode just yesterday so that just adds to the stress of this. Luckily I don't work, but I am a stay at home mom and I don't get time off from that : )

I am very sorry for your loss Determinedmomma. That is my biggest fear. And there is no way for them to know for sure what will happen. They just keep saying they don't see any reason for concern.

#6 Determinedmomma

Determinedmomma
  • Just Hatched
  • 18 posts
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program Calgary

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:32 AM

Carson2010, it sounds like things are fine. I know how scary any bleeding can be, but 1/4 of all women do experience it. There is so much vascularization happening in there that it is not surprising when one of those little vessels breaks. If there was anything significant, I'm sure it would have shown up on ultrasound. Best of luck!

#7 lauriedb23

lauriedb23
  • Global 100+
  • 102 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:MUHC Fertility Clinic

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:56 PM

Normal

Have 3 fur-babies, 2 cats and 1 dog heart.gif

May 2010 got married heart.gif  decided to start a family, knew I had abnormal cycles, started the talks with the doctors

Nov 2011 found out it was POCS

Dec 2011 found out husband had low sperm count as well as mishaped sperm

Jan 2012 got on waiting list at McGill Fertility Centre at the Royal Victoria Hospital in Montreal

Dec 2012 IVF # 1 from fresh embryo - th_abfn.gif  no frozen embryos cry.gif

Feb 2013 abandoned cycle as follicles were not growing cry.gif

May 2013 IVF # 2 from fresh embryo th_abfp.gif  ending with blighted ovum cry.gif  - froze 4 5 day  blastocysts

Sept 2013 IVF # 3 from frozen embryo th_abfn.gifcry.gif

Jan 14 2014 IVF#4 from frozen embryo.. th_abfp.gifon HPT 10dp5dt !!!!!!!!!! Bloods confirmed HcG leves at 286 11dp5dfet!!!! 2nd Beta 5w4d levels at 8506 biggrin.png  preggo.gif

KbTqm5.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bleeding, SCH, blood