Maca, Royal Jelly, and Red Raspberry Leaf Tea Supplements - IVF Ages 35+ - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Maca, Royal Jelly, and Red Raspberry Leaf Tea Supplements

royal jelly red raspberry leaf tea natural fertility lining egg quality maca

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SGD

SGD
  • 1000+
  • 1005 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:First Dr. Hannam and now Dr. Auyeung

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

Hi ladies,

I've recently started taking some natural supplements to help with fertility.

After doing so many medicated cycles I figured I would give the natural route a try, especially in between cycles and trying on our own.

I currently take yellow maca in powder and DH takes black maca in powder. It is supposed to help with female fertility and sperm quality. It also increases libido.....happy to report that this has been a positive side effect. lol

Not that we have issues there but TTCing really wreaks havoc in that department.

Anyway, I've been reading a lot about red raspberry leaf tea and the benefits it has for utirine lining. I have always had lining issues and would like to "fix" it before attempting any other cycles.

Has anyone had experience with this? What was your outcome? How much did you take? Did you take it daily or cycle it?

Another supplement I've read a lot about is Royal Jelly and it's benefits on egg quality.

Any experience with it? Same questions as above.

Any help would be appreciated.  I'm so desperate, I'll try anything!

See About Me page 

#2 Red Wine

Red Wine
  • Cyclebase
  • 2692 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:13 AM

I use maca too, but I try to incorporate it into food I make.  I've used it in the past, but just recently started to increase my usage of it.  I find I have more energy lately, especially upon waking up in the morning.

I drank Raspberry Leaf tea before but it tastes terrible so I won't do that one.

I've never tried royal jelly.

Best of luck!

See about me page.

#3 want2babies

want2babies
  • Cyclebase
  • 267 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

Hi SGD, I have no input on this, just want to wish you all the best! natural pregnancies are the best, I hope it happens for you!

Best.

• SGD likes this

#4 Jenniflower9

Jenniflower9
  • 95 posts
  • My Clinic:Oakville Fertility

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

I am on Red Raspberry in pill form, Royal jelly, CoQ10, Selenium, Vitamin C and D, Low Does Aspirin and Preg Vit w/ Folic5.

I have been on this regimen for 3 months during a break from treatment due to stress of 3 losses. 

I will update you once I have some results I am currently 9 DPO and taking progesterone to assist with implantation and maintaining if I get pregnant.

• Red Wine likes this

Me 33 yrs Old, HB 35 yrs Old
TTC for 3 yrs

1st IUI - November BFN

2nd IUI - December BFN then BFP then Miscarraige

Feb 14th 2013 - Natural BFP!!!!

Feb 14th - 405 Beta

Feb 19th - 3450 Beta 28 progesterone

Feb 26th - US showed Gestational sac and Yolk about 5.5 weeks along, 13,900 Beta and 18 Progesterone

Apr 1st - Miscarried last week 9 weeks along Baby 7.5 weeks no heartbeat sad.png  We are broken....

On a break trying naturally since June 2013 starting Gonal F with IUI January 2014....

January 2014 - BFP ended in  miscarriage # 4 on to Gonal F w/ IUI....

Feb 25th 2014 - Day 1 of the 1st day of our new cycle and hoping this is our year!  Hasn't been our year lost my Father in law, our Dog Harley of 12 years and another miscarriage.

Feb 2015 - Plans to start our first IVF journey - Feeling cautiosly hopeful and annoyingly petrified.

#5 Jenniflower9

Jenniflower9
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:26 AM

Hi Again SGD,

I tested this morning very early still but got a faint positive!!!  Trying not to get my hopes up but will keep you posted!!!!!

Looks like the supplements are working for me!  I hope....

Jenny

TTC for 3 yrs

1st IUI - November BFN

Feb 14th - 405 Beta

Feb 26th - US showed Gestational sac and Yolk about 5.5 weeks along, 13,900 Beta and 18 Progesterone

Apr 1st - Miscarried last week 9 weeks along Baby 7.5 weeks no heartbeat sad.png  We are broken....

On a break trying naturally since June 2013 starting Gonal F with IUI January 2014....

Feb 25th 2014 - Day 1 of the 1st day of our new cycle and hoping this is our year!  Hasn't been our year lost my Father in law, our Dog Harley of 12 years and another miscarriage.

Feb 2015 - Plans to start our first IVF journey - Feeling cautiosly hopeful and annoyingly petrified.

#6 SGD

SGD
  • 1000+
  • 1005 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:35 AM

I am on Red Raspberry in pill form, Royal jelly, CoQ10, Selenium, Vitamin C and D, Low Does Aspirin and Preg Vit w/ Folic5.

I have been on this regimen for 3 months during a break from treatment due to stress of 3 losses. 

I will update you once I have some results I am currently 9 DPO and taking progesterone to assist with implantation and maintaining if I get pregnant.

Congratulations Jenny!!! That's awesome news!!!!

Wishing you a healthy pregnancy. 

Could you elaborate on how much you take of each supplement and if it's daily or if you stopped it at different times in your cycle?

Please keep me posted on how you are progress. Wishing you the best!

See About Me page 

#7 SGD

SGD
  • 1000+
  • 1005 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:37 AM

I use maca too, but I try to incorporate it into food I make.  I've used it in the past, but just recently started to increase my usage of it.  I find I have more energy lately, especially upon waking up in the morning.

I drank Raspberry Leaf tea before but it tastes terrible so I won't do that one.

I've never tried royal jelly.

Best of luck!

I take it daily (sometimes I forget on the weekend) and add it to yogurt. I made the big mistake of trying to eat a teaspoon on its own and honestly thought I was going to vomit! lol

DH uses it in his morning smoothies.

I've heard the tea is sweet....I haven't tried it but am willing to try anything. I've read of women drinking up to 3 cups a day!

See About Me page 

#8 Jenniflower9

Jenniflower9
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

Thank you, I hope.......  I will upadte you when I know for sure.

Here is my doses and I take everyday for the entire cycle.  I was told by my clinic that is I get pregnant during my break to come in so they can see which ones I need to stop taking.  I will go Monday for a Beta test. My clinic has all of my supplements noted in my files so they are approved.

400mg CoQ10

100MCG Selenium

1000mg Calcium

1000mg Royal Jelly

960mg Red Raspberry (I had to order this in at the vitamin shop)

1 x Low Dose Aspirin

Good luck!!!!!!

TTC for 3 yrs

1st IUI - November BFN

Feb 14th - 405 Beta

#9 SGD

SGD
  • 1000+
  • 1005 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

Thank you, I hope.......  I will upadte you when I know for sure.

Here is my doses and I take everyday for the entire cycle.  I was told by my clinic that is I get pregnant during my break to come in so they can see which ones I need to stop taking.  I will go Monday for a Beta test. My clinic has all of my supplements noted in my files so they are approved.

400mg CoQ10

100MCG Selenium

1000mg Calcium

1000mg Royal Jelly

960mg Red Raspberry (I had to order this in at the vitamin shop)

1 x Low Dose Aspirin

Good luck!!!!!!

So you got pregnant naturally? Awesome!

I take 400mg Ubiquinol CoQ10

I eat Brazil nuts for Selenium (haven't been doing this continuously but starting today)

1000mg vitamin D

I assume my prenatal has vitamin C, so I don't take these separately

1 low dose baby aspirin

And I plan on starting the raspberry leaf tea (1 cup a day to start), and 1 teaspoon of RJ in the morning.

My RE doesn't believe in the natural stuff. But because we're trying on our own for a couple of months I figured it wouldn't hurt to try.

Thanks for the details and best of luck!

See About Me page 

#10 Jenniflower9

Jenniflower9
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

Well if this is a real positive then yes we did it naturally which is shocking!!!  We have been trying to conceive for over 5 years, 2 years at the clinic and 3 pregnancy's all resulting in Miscarriage.  1 pregnancy via IUI and 2 natural in 2 years.

I needed a break after the last miscarriage and decided the same thing that it wouldn't hurt to try something different.  I am taking progesterone since the day after ovulation as I am always low naturally.  Progesterone also helps to create a friendlier uterus for implantation :)  I am also starting acupuncture Saturday.

If nothing happens naturally by January we are bringing out the big guns and starting injectables with IUI, money is too tight for IVF right now.....

Good luck to you as well!!!  If you hate the tea (I did)  switch to the supplements, its easier!!!

TTC for 3 yrs

1st IUI - November BFN

Feb 14th - 405 Beta

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: royal jelly, red raspberry leaf tea, natural fertility, lining, egg quality, maca