3 replies to this topic

#1 WillGetThere

WillGetThere
  • 26 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:TCART

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:02 PM

Hi,

We'd check with you guys about few conenrs, who have been with TCART for a while.

My partner and I had our first IVF few days ago, which was cancelled because of bad mediation response.

One concern we had is the constantly changing of support staff. We're Dr Chang's patient. But we had experience with 3 nurses, and 2 Assistant Drs, who said they worked in a team with Dr Chang.  In the IVF process, All the testing result was read by Assistant Dr;  and I supposed they checked with Dr Chang before giving opinion to us. Dr Chang didn't show up until the #3US, when the test result showed pretty bad sign, and Dr Chang asked us to make a decision.

From what I read from this site, others at TCART have quite dedicated nurse. Is our case of changing nurse normal? Also What's your experience with Drs at TCART? also facing Assistant Dr most time?

#2 SangrealMazimur

SangrealMazimur

The Pincushion

• Global 100+
  • 969 posts
  • Interests:sometimes knitter, gamer girl, love to read, movies of almost all kinds
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:22 PM

We had Dr.Bentov, but we saw the fellow doctors as well. They work shifts so you won't always see your doctor. Same with the nurses. Caroline was my nurse, but when she wasn't in, we spoke with others there as well. I did all my initial visits, prior to start, with my doctor and scheduled follow ups after to discuss the cycle, what went wrong, and how it could be changed for next time.

Me: 33 DH: 39
TTC: Since Valentine's day 2008
Fur Friends: Spirit , Shadow
DH and I have been together since I was 19

When we get pregnant it will be the first baby on
each side.

First IVF: Jan 2009
Protocol: Suprefact, Marvelon, Puregon, Menopur
ET: Jan 31, BETA test Feb 12 BFN
FET#1 BETA first was 53 second was 0 05/07/2010 BFN
FET#2 September 2010 -ET Sept 9 3-3day 4cell, 5cell hatched, 8cell. BETA#1 71.6 11DP3DT. m/c at 6weeks. Poor Chuck Norris and Jean Claude Van Dam...they put up a good fight.

IVF #2 April/May 2011 Suprefact, Pregon, Low Dose HCG. ER estimated for May 12/, transfered 1 beautiful blast and 1 nearly blast on May 17th. On .5 HCG every 3 days. None to freeze. Beta May 31 BFN. Sky and Walker continue to resist the Dark Side

IVF#3
April/May 2013 Superfact .2, Puregon 200 upped to 250, Menupur 75, HCG trigger, progesterone support, intra-lipids. 26 retrieved, 17 mature, 15 blasts (1)3AA- (14)4AD-4AA, 2 transferred on our 7th wedding anniversary. Beta: June 10th, 5 days before my birthday.

BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at 1,111 second beta over 2,300. First u/s shows one bean just  day behind. Heart was fluttering away. Also showed a 2cm SCH. Not concerned, but told to take it easy. Continue with intra-lipids until week 22.banana.gif second u/s shows SCH is smaller. H/b at 142bpm. Third u/s shows tracking right on time, SCH gone and h/b at 166 bpm

Bruce Anthony Scott was born January 23, 2014 at 8:45am weighting 8 pound, 9 ounces and 21 inches long. Our hearts are bursting with love. babyboy.gif 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#3 Evanmom

Evanmom
  • Global 100+
  • 392 posts
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

Yes, I have also seen many different doctors and fellows while there.  I have to say that I did not have a lot of confidence in one of the fellows, but fortunately he would check in with one of the main doctors so I felt better knowing that they had the final say with medication etc...  I also have Caroline as my nurse and would see her the days she was there but on her days off I would see someone else.  I know all the nurses quite well (that's what happens after so many years!) so I am comfortable with all of them.

Me: 40
No DH (Doing this on my own)
DS - already 8 years old (conceived via IUI using a donor)

Trying for number 2
May 2009 - IUI #1 - BFN
June 2009 - IUI #2 - BFP, ended in chemical/early M/C
August 2009 IUI #3 - BFN
September 2009 - Sonohysterogram shows one tube probably blocked
September 2009 - IUI # 4 - lead follicle on blocked side - BFN
October 2009 - IUI #5 - BFN
December 2009 IVF #1 - 15 eggs, 7 fertilized, transferred two 8 cell embryos - BFN
February 2010 - FET #1 eSET - grew 5 - 3 day embryos to blast, transferred 1 blast - BFN, 1 blast frozen
April 2010 - Sonohyterogram - Both tubes open and clear!!!! Must have been a muscle spasm in Sept.
May 2010 - IUI #6 - BFN
July 2010 - IVF #2 - 16 eggs, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, transferred 2 blasts - BFP, ended in chemical/early M/C - 7 blasts frozen
September 2010 - Endometrial Biopsy - nothing out of the ordinary found
October 2010 - FET #2 - transferred two blasts, BFP,but only came back at 3.4,ended in chemical/early M/C
November 2010 - FET #3 - Transferred 3 blasts BFN againsad.png
February 2011 - FET #4 eSET CANCELLED Neither blast made the thaw....

February 2011-April 2013 - took a well needed break

April 2013 - Thinking of trying again for child #2

April 2013 - Sonohysterogram -very painful, surprised to find both tubes blocked!

June/July 2013 - IVF #3  (Third time's a charm???) - 8 eggs, 6 fertilized, 4 blasts frozen

August 2013 - 3 blastocysts tested using PGS, one tested chromosomally normal, one they could not read the DNA, and one tested as having a lethal trisomy condition (but the doctor says the tests may only be about 60% reliable so it could be wrong)

September 2013 - FET #5 Transferred the one "good" embryo! BFN

November 6 2013 -  FET #6  Transferred the two other blasts on the recommendation of my doctor (Beta Nov. 20) another BFN cry.gif 

December 2013 - WTF Appointment - My doctor says it's time to stop trying with my own eggs.

March 2014 - Considering using donor eggs.

April 2014 - I have picked an egg donor from My Egg Bank.

June 2014 - Extremely stressed out about my decision, developed shingles, Dad dying of brain cancer, cancelled order for donor eggs

August 2014 - Ready to try again, picked a new donor from My Egg Bank.

October 2014 - Waiting for updated blood work results so that My Egg Bank can go ahead with embryo creation.

November, 2014 - Eggs and sperm thawed. Only one embryo made it to blastocyst stage and was frozen.  3 more eggs thawed, but no embryos made it.

December 8, 2014 - FET #7 (Donor Egg/Donor Sperm)Transferred one little embryo  

BFP!!!!!!  Estimated due date: Aug. 27, 2015

#4 WillGetThere

WillGetThere
  • 26 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

SangrealMazimur, Evanmom, Thanks for the comments :)