Thank-you all so much - your stories further confirm what I'm feeling.
Just got my results from 5th beta today - 421, up from 210 two days ago, so I'm back on progesterone.
It is so interesting to see how many of you have endo as well. Nurse insists the bleeding could be the loss of one of the two embryos and that the other could be fine yet. How could this be with all the bleeding/clots for 2+ weeks, so early on? I have an appt with a naturopath and my clinic has agreed to do an u/s at the end of the week.
I just came across some writings about Reproductive Immunology testing. A book that goes into detail on this is "Is your body baby-friendly" by Alan E. Beer. Anybody do any reading into this?
smc1982 - I am livid on your behalf that the clinic didn't do appropriate follow-up. There is a pervasive attitude, I've felt, like we are the lowly public and can't speak appropriately to our own health/situation. We are just as capable of reading scholarly journal articles and bringing them to our doc's attention. Speaking to your Dx: In addition to endo, we have male factor issues. My hub has diminishing counts/bad motility/morphology. His latest tests in the months before ICSI were 20, then 14, then 8 million. The fertility doc at our clinic doesn't like anything naturopathic, so he cut out everything, but hub started eating raw cacao beans for some time (months) before retrieval and the day of retrieval, his numbers were around 40 mil. We have no idea if there is a correlation, but I thought I'd put it out there.
SummerRain - Like you described, I don't have any preg symptoms either which is one reason I feel iffy about this all. Clinic said they will continue beta and u/s to allay my concerns. Do you know, would Emerge give the same metho dosage as the clinic?
AKScor - I am so with you on whatever helps the coping. What your doc shared is one I will think about should it all go south. I also encourage you to look into Reproductive Immune issues as maybe playing a part...(lots of blood tests - non-invasive) If your clinic won't, see a reproductive immunologist - I'm looking into this now.
amandaTTC#2 - I have mild pain like you, so hoping they pick it up before a rupture...do you usually have to wait until 6+ weeks before anything can be seen on ultrasound? If you are in pain, even mild, how can the ER docs see what the clinic u/s tech can't?
nervous optimist - your username so aptly describes many of us! You've given me confidence about not jumping to metho right away - I have an appt with a naturopath later today just to make myself feel I've looked at all routes.
gracegirl - my gut is at odds with my doc. What an awful position to be in. Were they able to see your ectopic with the vag cam at 5.5 weeks ? I hope you didn't have an ER story too.