No replies to this topic

#1 gem222

gem222
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:09 PM

Hi, 

I am TTC and wanted to see what vitamins I should be taking.  I have been diagnosed with borderline "skinny" PCOS.  I also have short luteal phases, they are usually about 12 days, but I get spotting for about 4 days before my regular flow starts (ie.  I only get 8-9 days of no bleeding btwn ovulation and my spotting).  I also am on a low glycemic index diet because of other hormone issues and weight gain (I just lost 30 lbs, now I am 5'3" and 110 lbs.  I also try to steer clear of gluten and dairy because I find they are inflammatory and I have some stomach issues when I have them.  Having said all that, what are the supplements I should be taking:

So, right now I take

Synthoid at 6 am

Omega 3 (600mg EPA, 300mg DHA) with breakfast at 7-8am

500mg Chromium to balance my blood sugar with breakfast as well.  

Pregvit Pink at 11am 

Pregvit Blue at Dinner 

3000 mg of Vit D at Dinner 

600mg Calcium before bed.

1) I want to know if I should add a Vitamin B-Complex to support my luteal phase and to supplement my low glycemic diet?  If so, how much?  There is 50mg or 100mg kinds and when is the best time to take it?

2) Can I continue this during pregnancy?

3) What do you think about the rest of the vitamins I take?

4) Regarding Omega 3's, is there an ideal kind when pregnant?  Does molecular distilling get rid of all the mercury?  (Some articles say to avoid Omega 3's from big fish, but they all go through the molecular distilling process so why does it matter which fish?) 

Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PCOS, gluten, b-complex, vitamins