• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 anytime now

anytime now
  • Cyclebase
  • 2561 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:25 PM

Just wondering if any of you bought the Pewi version of the Y bike which is a walker or bike. My baby is past the walker stage at 14 1/2 months. It seems to get rave reviews but one of them indicated that her son was getting too big at 18 months.  Also, wondering how well it would do outside or on carpet. Wondering whether to take this out of the box or return it....comments?

Thx!

Me: 44 (sigh) DB is 40 (Dear boyfriend!)

TTC from March 2009-March 2011 before DB had arrived on the scene
About 9 IUIs, 3 IVFs total

2 pregnancies with 7 week miscarriage requiring D&C
2 chemical pregnancies

April 2011 began a relationship now with a wonderful guy with an 8 year old son.
Sept 2011 Natural BFP while trying not to conceive (how ironic)
First Beta Day 15 from LMP was 851, Beta 4, 19 days post ovulation 5382
7wk US showed a heartbeat of 150! 9 wk US HB 185

May 19 2012 DS is born!!

#2 hopefulgirl

hopefulgirl
  • Global 100+
  • 792 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:54 PM

I had never heard of this specific bike but we have a wooden balance trike and my 18 month old only recently starting loving it. We were about to sell it last month after no intrerest since the spring and suddenly its his new fave toy. I would say keep it and sell it after you're done with it.
DX:PCOS 2 years, lots of tears and one lucky IVF cycle...
Winter 2012 - Welcome to the world baby boy!
Summer 2013- Surprise BFP makes two?!
Aug - NT scan looks great. In love already.
Feb 2014- Welcome baby boy #2

#3 anytime now

anytime now
  • Cyclebase
  • 2561 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:05 PM

Thx for your reply. Leaning that way:). This bike is a precursor to what you have so probably won't be good for too long but it has such great reviews and we got it at a very good price so I will likely do as you are suggesting. Hope you are having lots of fun with your little one the days:)

2 chemical pregnancies

April 2011 began a relationship now with a wonderful guy with an 8 year old son.

May 19 2012 DS is born!!

#4 august

august
  • Global 100+
  • 538 posts
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility Center

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:35 PM

Hi Anytime,

Hope you are doing well.  I am hoping that things are going well with your son and DB...

My friend has the Y bike.. She bought it for her daughter as she was having many problems with her walking and needed extra support.  My friend said that it helped her daughter to move around a lot and it helped to guide her legs in the correct form to start her walking.  My friend keeps it as an indoor toy and she has hardwood floors.

My daughter loved being on it and using it as well, so I tried to find it here in Toronto.  I have found that it could only be bought in the states. No where in Toronto was selling it or had even heard of it. . You are lucky that you were able to get here in Canada..or did you also get it from the states.  Not to many people have heard of it or know what it is.  

Anyway, what ever you decide to do with it, I hope your son enjoys it. 

Baby Girl 1, Born December 4th, 2011. We are totally in love! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Girl #2 Born July 31stm 2013. We are thrilled and over the Moon! Baby came fast and was born at home. Daddy played doctor and delivered her here at home. Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#5 august

august
  • Global 100+
  • 538 posts
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility Center

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:43 PM

Just realized I didn't answer your questions.....

The Y bike, will do better on a hard surface.  I don't think it would do to well on carpet.  Outside, would be fine as the hike has wheels.  

My friends daughter is still playing and using it and she is now 25 months (just over 2). 

In my opinion, open the box and enjoy it! Especially at this age, he will enjoy moving around with it.  

What color did you get?  

Have fun!

August

Baby Girl 1, Born December 4th, 2011. We are totally in love! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Girl #2 Born July 31stm 2013. We are thrilled and over the Moon! Baby came fast and was born at home. Daddy played doctor and delivered her here at home. Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#6 anytime now

anytime now
  • Cyclebase
  • 2561 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:47 AM

Thx August!
We did keep it. I'm not too sure yet... He already walks and when he rides it he is walking rather than pushing with both feet. But he prefers carrying it, or putting it up on one end to riding it and when he runs over my bare feet I'm less impressed! I suspect things will change yet again over time!

2 chemical pregnancies

May 19 2012 DS is born!!