#1 MollieB

MollieB
  • Global 100+
  • 169 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:CARE

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:54 PM

Hi All!

I am a super bargain shopper, so I tried to find everything I could to keep the cost of our meds down for our IVF cycle. While I was at various clinics, I would pick up these prescription assistance cards, not really knowing what they were all about, and held onto them for a while. Well, when it was time to order the medications we used these cards and saved around $150 on the non-IVF specific medications. For example, Birth control pill, Valium, antibiotics, etc.  I thought I would post the information, so others could get help. This is NOT insurance, it is simply a discount card to help those who are cash pay and don't already have insurance. You don't only have to use them for IVF purposes-it can be for any OTC meds. So, here it goes...

RXrelief:

Member ID number-BJS120103

BIN-005947

GOUP #-7125DRT

PCN-CLAIMCR

(this company is partnered with Healthcare Alliance)

Information or questions phone number- 1-800-776-0760

OR www.rxreliefcard.com

Co-op Connections Card:

(I received this one from our electric company)

Member #- 142407524

BIN-011677

GROUP #- 22203TX08

PCN- HT

Phone number- 877-448-6182

Community Assistance Program:

Member ID- 820193607

BIN- 011867

GROUP- NBB1330

PCN- HT

Phone number- 1-877-459-8474

OR www.caprxprogram.org/maxhowe

Again, these are NOT insurance cards, simply discount cards. I live in Texas; I am unsure if these are accepted nation wide or only state wide, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to help others and put the information out there! I just told my pharmacist I had these, they filled the order (in order to apply the discount cards) and gave me a price for each. If I found it somewhere cheaper, I told the other location I would not be ordering the medications from them.

Also, I highly recommend using Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy for your IVF specific meds. They were EXTREMELY helpful and willing to offer any discount they had. One program they partner with will save you $100 off every $1,000 you spend. We saved $300 just from that! Also, they had coupons that I would have never been able to get ahold of. Plus, they offer free overnight shipping. Our experience with them was great! The phone number for that is: Tel: (800) 424-9002.

As always, shop around...see what kind of better offers you can find! If you have any questions feel free to message me :)

MollieB

• Scarlet Ibis likes this

Me: 23 (no issues)

Hubby: 33 (low morphology)

3 fur babies: Roxy (our little protector), Rayleigh (our big lover) and Nyla (our survivor).

TTC for: 2+ years

Began all the testing: Nov '12

Unhappy with previous RE, so switched to new doctor May '13. Finally getting things moving along! yahoo.gif 

Aug 10, 2013-Began taking birth control.

Aug 23,2013- Baseline U/S and mock transfer. Also, started Lupron shots.

Aug 30, 2013- E2= <20 (good) and lining= 2.33 (also good)

Aug 31,2013- Got AF. Really?! Seems a little late to be starting that...Dr says it's fine, but I'm convinced it is not! Added Follistim and Menopur to nightly shots. I suppose I'm stimming now??

Sept 3,2013- Bloodwork- E2=60 (not so good-should be 100). Told to up the dose of Follistim to 150. I know this has to do with AF arriving late, I just know it!

Sept 5, 2013- Blood work and U/S. E2 is right where it needs to be! P.S.-Menopur sucks. Really! It burns, takes forever to inject and now it's leaving huge bruises!

Sept 7, 2013- another check up...looking like 10ish follicles on left and 7-8 on right! Measuring from 9-12 cm. Only 2 more nights of shots! yesssss!

Sept 10, 2013- Trigger shot. Blood work for HCG-came back at 202, doctor says were good to go!

September 12, 2013- Egg retrieval. Boy was I nervous! Ended up getting 21 eggs. We are very happy with that!

September 17, 2013- Egg transfer. Transferred a 5AB and a 4AA. stick little babies, please!!! 3 more to freeze...

September 23, 2013- 6dp5dt HPT shows (very faint) positive!! Keeping our fingers crossed...

September 24, 2013- 7dp5dt HPT shows positive again. still light, but darker than yesterday!

September 26, 2013- Beta 1=449! Holy cow!! we got a th_abfp.gif!! The numbers are suggesting twins possibly.

September 28, 2013- Beta 2= 922. going strong smile.png

October 18, 2013- 1st sonogram- officially preggo with TWINS!! Heartbeats: Baby A-132; Baby B-142. Measuring right on track of 7w1d!

November 4, 2013- Graduated to OB-last visit to clinic. Babies are measuring 2 days ahead at 9w6d!

#2 MeAgain

MeAgain
  • 1000+
  • 1374 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:#1Heartland...#2 OFC

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:05 PM

Here is one for Canada. I haven't used it yet. I just applied. *not available in Manitoba or Quebec*

http://www.prometriu...spx?ReturnUrl=/

hubby and son both use nasonex, which is not covered by our insurance... Hope I get this card!!
  • gibasgirl likes this
Me: 39. DH 43 TTC:18 yrs DX: stage 4 endo @ 20 yrs old.FSH- 10-12DH - fine 7 corrective surgeries for endo & blocked tubes open 5 ectopics (natural) (cilia in tubes do not work) IVF #1 ... 2 Grade C 8cell - one healthy baby boy!! 2 frozen 4cell and 6cell- Grade BEctopic (natural)2004 - 8 weeks pg - tube exploded - internal bleeding - surgery - other tube closed Feb 2012 - FET - no transfer IVF# 2 (OFC) March 15 2013- 300iu, cetrotide, hcgONE mature follicle - no fertilization.

July 2013 - EPP - BFN
November - 2013 - EPP - One follicle, one egg, natural fertilization = BFP!!

#3 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13147 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

Interesting.
  • MeAgain likes this

#4 MeAgain

MeAgain
  • 1000+
  • 1374 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:#1Heartland...#2 OFC

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

Yeah, it is Merck that makes Gonal F, but don't know if it works for that..
Me: 39. DH 43 TTC:18 yrs DX: stage 4 endo @ 20 yrs old.FSH- 10-12DH - fine 7 corrective surgeries for endo & blocked tubes open 5 ectopics (natural) (cilia in tubes do not work) IVF #1 ... 2 Grade C 8cell - one healthy baby boy!! 2 frozen 4cell and 6cell- Grade BEctopic (natural)2004 - 8 weeks pg - tube exploded - internal bleeding - surgery - other tube closed Feb 2012 - FET - no transfer IVF# 2 (OFC) March 15 2013- 300iu, cetrotide, hcgONE mature follicle - no fertilization.

July 2013 - EPP - BFN
November - 2013 - EPP - One follicle, one egg, natural fertilization = BFP!!

#5 runner.girl

runner.girl
  • Global 100+
  • 229 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:31 AM

The Merck one looks interesting, but the pharmacy list is quite restrictive. Too bad you can't redeem it anywhere - I think some of the places near me have higher dispensing fees than where I currently go do I'm not sure how much the savings will actually be.
  • MeAgain likes this
Dx: Unicornuate uterus, one tube and some sperm morphology

#6 runner.girl

runner.girl
  • Global 100+
  • 229 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:47 AM

Just an update in case anyone else is interested... I used the Merck one for Prometrium at a pharmacy that wasn't on the list and the discount went through! They had some issues initially but it mostly had to do with the high doses we take for IVF so the card will not cover as much as the RE ordered; you may need to do a partial fill. The max the card would let me fill at a time was 23 days at the IVF doses... savings of $22. Not huge, but better than nothing, especially if you have no med coverage.
  • MeAgain likes this
Dx: Unicornuate uterus, one tube and some sperm morphology