Good response to FSH (Gonal F) followed by Low response - Ask the RE - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Good response to FSH (Gonal F) followed by Low response

gonal-f iui fsh

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 melmart

melmart
  • Cyclebase
  • 76 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Mount Sinai

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

Hi there,

Looking for a little bit of medical insight. Quick details - I'll be 37 next month. I've been trying to conceive for two years. I've been with my clinic for a little over a year. You can see more specific details in my signature.

I'm currently on my 5th IUI cycle (2nd cycle using Gonal-F, 100).

I've always been a average/good responder to the various medications. For 4 clomid cycles I had always between 3 - 5 follicles and on my last cycle using gonal-f (100 units) I had 3 - 4 likely mature follicles (8 follicles total.) This cycle, on the same amount of gonal-f, I have 1 follicle.

Should I be concerned that this is a sign of things to come? Am I running out of follicles? Is it possible to just be a fluke cycle?

Any insight and help would be very much appreciated.

Me: 37, mild endometreosis
DH: 37, initial morphology issues, that seem to have been fixed with vitamins and lifestyle changes.
TTC until success: 27 months

Clomid only, 5 follicles, timed intercourse, April 2012 - BFN
1st IUI, with clomid, 5 follicles, August 17, 2012 - BFN
2nd IUI, with clomid, 5 follicles, September 19, 2012 - BFN
3rd IUI, with clomid, 3 follicles, November 15, 2012 - BFN

IVF #1
Microdose flare protocol, birth control, start suprefact Jan. 24 and gonal F 300 iu with luveris 75 iu on Jan. 26! Meds increased on Jan. 30th to 400 iu gonal F and luveris at 75 iu.
ER - Feb. 9, 8 eggs retrieved
ET - Feb. 12, 3 embryos, 2 - 8 cell and 1 - 4 cell, none left to freeze
BFN - Feb. 24

4th IUI, with gonal-F, 100, 4 follicles, May 7, 2013 - BFN

5th IUI, with gonal-F, 100, 1 follicle, June 5, 2013 - BFN

6th IUI, with gonal-f, 150, 3 follicles, August 1, 2013 - BFP!!!!!  1st beta 181. 2nd beta 457!!

Tavish born April 15, 2014. Happy and wonderful little boy!

Read about our infertility experience in the National Post: http://bit.ly/1ayeWYc

#2 Want2bmamma

Want2bmamma
  • Global 100+
  • 535 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:St. John's Newfoundland / RFP Calgary

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

Have they sent you to get your fsh levels checked lately? I would probably ask for that just to be safe. Mine tripled in less than a year and an unexplained diagnosis is now diminished ovarian reserve. Better to know so you can make choices ( we moved on fr iui to ivf)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gonal-f, iui, fsh