Genesis or Olive Fertility Centre - Vancouver? - Genesis - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Genesis or Olive Fertility Centre - Vancouver?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MrsBee

MrsBee
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Genesis

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:01 PM

My husband and I have already had one ICSI cycle with Genesis - we started this just as most of the doctors left (Dr Hitkari was our original consultant), so Dr Kashyap did the whole thing for us.  We're about to embark on our second ICSI cycle towards the end of June, but after an orientation meeting with a nurse yesterday, we are aware that so many staff - another doctor, nurses and those behind the scenes - seem to have left Genesis Fertility Centre for Olive.  As we're about to spend a huge amount of money, I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Olive so far and what they think about the switch if they made it from Genesis to Olive.  Or how have those who have had recent cycles at Genesis found the process to be?  I'm aware that Olive are only moving in to their new building next week, but we need to decide over the weekend.  Thanks in advance.

#2 Breezy

Breezy
  • Global 100+
  • 333 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:47 PM

I've been to Olive twice this month. I had a follow up appointment and an u/s and just recently had a hysteroscopy. Everything was running smooth...good communication and the doctors were just as supportive, helpful and patient as always. My doc is Dr Y but Dr H did my hysteroscopy.

Making the switch was easy for me as I feel more comfortable with the drs at Olive than with Dr. K. I had been with Genesis since 2010 and done 2 IVF/ICSI cycles and 1 FET and have 1 son. I never had any complaints with them but am excited about some great things that will be happening at Olive!

Good luck!!
  • gibasgirl likes this

Me: 30 DH: 31

Male Factor due to childhood cancer

TTC since June 2009

IVF#1 2010 - BFN

IVF#2 2011 - Baby Jack arrived December 17 @ 9:24am - 7lbs 6oz and 20in

FET 2013 - BFN/Chemical

Switched clinics 

IVF#3 2013

September 6 - ER 10 eggs (8 fertilized w/ICSI)

September 9 - ET 2 embryos (both 7B) - nothing to freeze (again...)

September 23 - BETA #1 661

September 30 - BETA #2 5739

October 8 - 6w4d U/S  (JellyBean measures 6w2d, CRL approx 5mm, FHR 119)

October 21 - 8w3d U/S (JellyBean measures 8w5d, CRL 21.1mm, FHR 182)

November 4 - Midwife appointment #1 - Heard heartbeat!  (160 bpm)

November 18 - NT scan (JellyBean measures 12w4d, CRL 6.20cm, FHR 163)

December 23 - Midwife appointment #2.5  FHR 140

January 6 - 19w4d U/S (according to the tech baby looked great and was perfect to look at)

EDD May 29

2014.pngMake a pregnancy ticker

#3 mitchellcat

mitchellcat
  • Global 100+
  • 280 posts
  • Dx:Vasectomy
  • My Clinic:Olive/ Kelowna

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

Hi MrsBee my husband and have done ivf with icsi at genesis and a fet. This past january we decided to try again and this is when all the doctors left Dr Y was our doctor and also one who left. We thought about it alot and decided to move to Olive, reasons being that 2 of the 4 doctors that left we the original founders of the clinic....so that leaves me wondering why they would leave and start a new clinic in the same city only a few blocks away from the original clinic? That said we had our orrientation this week at the satalite clinic here in Kelowna and i will find out if its a go for a transfer in july or august and i am really happy with my choice togo with Olive even if i had to wait 6 extra months. I have also heard that all the remaining origanal nurses have left genesis recently. Asfor experience with Olive they. Have some of the best doctors who have been doing this for a very long time building a state of the art new lab and remember 2 of them origally built Genesis!! Good luck in your journey I hope this helps you decide what is right for you.
Me 40 DH 44 IVF # 1 2007 BFP DD born November 2007 FET # 2009 BFP DD born January 2010 IVF #2 August 2013 6 eggs,6 fertilized! 2 5day blasts transferred. 3 5 day blasts and 1 6 day frozon!! Ya for frosties!!!!!BFN FET #2 October/November November 25 transferred 2 5day blasts December 6 beta BFP!!!!! December 17 miscarriage at 5w7d December18 ultrasound/bloodwork confirmed miscarriage. April 2014 FET #3 BFN. June 2014 decided to try 1 more IVF taking DHEA, Saizen, COQ10.

#4 Wanting a cub

Wanting a cub
  • Global 100+
  • 141 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Geneis

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

I stayed at genesis and I honestly with that we would have went to the olive !
We were caught in the cross of the dr leaving and some knowing what was going in with us and some not!
Was not happy with this cycle compared to the previous!
The nursing staff I wonderful still but so unorganized. And not knowing what is what!

#5 MrsBee

MrsBee
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts
  • My Clinic:Genesis

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:25 PM

Thanks for your thoughts - much appreciated.

#6 GraceC

GraceC
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

I've been at Genesis with Dr Y and Dr. T and I'm completely happy with their care and so we followed them to Olive. Having said that, right when we need IVF, Olive is unable to perform it. We were told that their new clinic would be set up in June but now it's delayed till July/August. We're starting off with IUI with SO but in case of OHSS, they would not be able to convert our cycle to IVF and it would be cancelled. I really don't want to switch clinics but I may have to check out PCRM. I called Genesis and their first available consult is in late August/early September. Anyone have any feedback on PCRM?
Me 39
DH 43
TTC since Oct 2010
Genesis Jan 2012
Surgery for uterine fibroids May 2012 (long wait time!)
Mild hypothyroid
Heterozygous thrombophilia (recessive & not factor V)
MF SA <4% morph
PG July 2012
MC Oct 2012 :-(
Another fibroid surgery Feb 2013
KOT per Olive until present
US showed one dozen eggs WOOT! WOOT! (what other quality could there be!?)
June 2013 starting first SO/IUI with 75 iu Puregon

#7 rosenbc

rosenbc
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • My Clinic:none

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:19 PM

Hi, I am at PCRM and after my initial consult- I called the nurse there to check whether i had to do blood work as it seems a bit redundant than the one my GP had requested before I got referral. It turns out that some were. She asked me to cross them off and didn't even know what blood work she gave me and asked me to read the acquisition form. And then she asked me to add another one which she forgot. I said can I do this, yes was her response. Very disappointed.

I am not happy with the fact that they don't know what acquisition that they gave you, and the fact that they didn't read the blood work my GP sent them. But after reading a bunch of negative stuff from other clinics and none of which had 100% customers satisfaction rating, I think it's useless to choose somewhere else that could be just as poor as this one.

But from the stories I've read, nurses in general for all the clinics are organized and I think that's the frustration. I think its BC and I've had my experience with them at hospitals over the years, not very pleasant and horrible experience too.

#8 Jaya

Jaya
  • 65 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 16 November 2015 - 08:52 PM

No to Olive for sure.