#1 Curlygirl77

Curlygirl77
  • Global 100+
  • 148 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility Centre

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:01 AM

Hi out there!!

Thought I would start a thread for those who would like to share their donor egg stories!  I would love to know if the stats are reflected in the 'real' population!

If you are open to sharing, these are the things I would love to know:

1) what was your diagnosis before doing the DE IVF

2) did you become pregnant?

3) how many tries did it take you?  Did you do FET or just fresh transfer?

Thanks so much :-)

All the best to everyone!

Diagnosed with DOR in October 2012

Surprise BFP October 2012! Chemical pregnancy

January 2013- decided to pursue donor egg IVF with my sister- she is diagnosed with DOR as well :-(

July 2013- decided on donor egg IVF in Europe, planning on early 2014 to give time to try naturally

Surprise BFP September 2013. Another chemical pregnancy :-( At the same time, a dear friend offers to donate her eggs to us! Her testing begins...

Surprise BFP October 2013!!! 

First beta 29/10- 36

Second beta 31/10- 106, right on track!

Third beta 03/11- 277

Fourth beta 09/11- only 622... doubling time more than 3 days :-( Bracing ourselves for another miscarriage.

Fifth and final beta 12/11- 1875! Tripled in 3 days. RE wondering about ectopic...  

13/11- first ultrasound- gestational sac, yolk sac and fetal pole seen! Baby measuring exactly right on for dates! We are ecstatic!!!  Too early for heartbeat so now waiting patiently for next ultrasound.

05/12- 8+6 - beautiful heartbeat of 165 heard and baby is exactly the right size (and also very photogenic).  Can't believe it!!!!!!

12/12- 9+5 - first OB appointment. New due date is July 12th by our 8 week scan. Can't believe how much baby was moving in there on the ultrasound today!!! Happy little heartbeat too.

June 17, 2014-  our little miracle baby boy born by c-section for pre-eclampsia and breech at 36 weeks!  He is so awesome.  So incredibly thankful....

Surprise BFP July 2015. Third chemical pregnancy. Ugh.

Surprise BFP August 2015.  Seems too good to be true.  Very cautious but holding out a bit of hope...

First beta 02/09 - 2811

Second beta 10/09 - 29 455

22/09 - first ultrasound at 7+5! Little baby measuring right on track with a beautiful heartbeat. Due date May 5th!

April 21, 2016 - our second miracle boy is born naturally after a c-section the first time.  What an experience… We are so thankful to the universe and feel that our family is now complete. 

#2 heartbroken

heartbroken
  • Global 100+
  • 262 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

Hi Curlygirl77

1) DOR

2) Transfer is at the end of June I will let you know then

3)I will let you know but I'm doing a FET.

Good luck with your journey, and I'm curious about what other have to say about their experiences. thanks for starting the  thread. :)

#3 IreneIVF

IreneIVF
  • Global 100+
  • 284 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Hannam Clinic & CCRM

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:41 AM

Hi curlygirl!

1) endometriosis and diminished ovarian reserve
2) got my BFP last week!
3) fresh transfer of two embryos on the first try

Good luck!
  • Aimy likes this
TTC since February 2009 - 4 IUI's in 2010 - all BFN,
IVF #1 - July/August 2011 (2 blasts transferred, no frosties) BFN
Switched to the Hannam Clinic - IVF #2 BFN
One more try - now cycling at CCRM in Denver, CO - IVF #3 no embryos made it to blast.
On to donor eggs! DE IVF #1 - Transferred 2 blasts - BFP!!!! EDD Jan 22, 2014Subchorionic hemorrage June 6 & 7 in the ER - heart beat 136 - thank god DD born January 16, 2014!
FET #1 - May 2015 BFN
FET #2 - July 2015 BFP - TWINS! EDD April 20, 2016

#4 Aimy

Aimy
  • 94 posts
  • My Clinic:Toronto, ON

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

Hi curlygirl!

2) got my BFP last week!

Good luck!

Congrates to your BFP, I am in the same boat. I have to go on with Donor Egg, I don't know where to find a donor?! Would appreciate if you share it with us? was it through an agency? how did you find your donor.

Good luck and wish you a pleasant pregnancy

Me 31, DH 31, Married 2007
TTC: 2 years

IVF #1: 28 Sep 2011
OCT 29th: ER (7 EGGs), 6 Fertilized
NOV 3rd: ET 1d5 Blast. and 1d6 stored.
NOV 14th: BFN

FET #1: Feb 2011
FEB 2nd: FET 1d6 blastocyte
FEB 16th: BFN

IVF #2 - June/July2012
No Response

IVF #3 - September/October 2012 - Modified Microdose Flare Protocol
AF Sept. 30; begin Marvelon for 21 days
Suprefact 5mg t
wice daily; 375IU Menopur; 225IU Puregon
Est. ER Nov. 3 -
Est. ET Nov. 5 - 7

only 1 eggy, BFN

DOR, low AFC

#5 Aimy

Aimy
  • 94 posts
  • My Clinic:Toronto, ON

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

Hi, Thanks for creating this board. 

I am also diagnosed with DOR and endometriosis and would definitely need all your experiences.

Me 31, DH 31, Married 2007
TTC: 2 years

IVF #1: 28 Sep 2011
OCT 29th: ER (7 EGGs), 6 Fertilized
NOV 3rd: ET 1d5 Blast. and 1d6 stored.
NOV 14th: BFN

FET #1: Feb 2011
FEB 2nd: FET 1d6 blastocyte
FEB 16th: BFN

IVF #2 - June/July2012
No Response

IVF #3 - September/October 2012 - Modified Microdose Flare Protocol
AF Sept. 30; begin Marvelon for 21 days
Suprefact 5mg t
wice daily; 375IU Menopur; 225IU Puregon
Est. ER Nov. 3 -
Est. ET Nov. 5 - 7

only 1 eggy, BFN

DOR, low AFC

#6 sharlene

sharlene
  • Cyclebase
  • 1737 posts
  • My Clinic:USA

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

Hi and welcome to the site. 

I strongly suggest taking a look at the long established donor egg thread - there are many active posters who have used, or are in the middle of a cycle, using donor eggs.  It's really active and the ladies have a lot of information, advice and knowledge - and there is no problem joining in whenever - it doesn't matter that the thread has been around for a while.  It's a great way to get a lot of information from veterans while enjoying the company of newcomers as well.

Good luck!

#7 IreneIVF

IreneIVF
  • Global 100+
  • 284 posts
  • My Clinic:Hannam Clinic & CCRM

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

I actually went to CCRM in Denver for my donor. They have a database of internal donors to choose from with childhood photos. It is expensive, but they are the best in my opinion. It is far more difficult to do an anonymous donor cycle in Canada because you cannot compensate the donors.

Great experiences with CCRM and would highly recommend them
TTC since February 2009 - 4 IUI's in 2010 - all BFN,
IVF #1 - July/August 2011 (2 blasts transferred, no frosties) BFN
Switched to the Hannam Clinic - IVF #2 BFN
One more try - now cycling at CCRM in Denver, CO - IVF #3 no embryos made it to blast.
On to donor eggs! DE IVF #1 - Transferred 2 blasts - BFP!!!! EDD Jan 22, 2014Subchorionic hemorrage June 6 & 7 in the ER - heart beat 136 - thank god DD born January 16, 2014!
FET #1 - May 2015 BFN
FET #2 - July 2015 BFP - TWINS! EDD April 20, 2016

#8 heartbroken

heartbroken
  • Global 100+
  • 262 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

Hi curlygirl!
2) got my BFP last week!
Good luck!

Congrates to your BFP, I am in the same boat. I have to go on with Donor Egg, I don't know where to find a donor?! Would appreciate if you share it with us? was it through an agency? how did you find your donor.

Good luck and wish you a pleasant pregnancy

I found my donor through a program that my clinic has the donor is actually from my egg bank in atlanta georgia, but they ship my embryos back to canada and I get evrything done through my clinic in Mississauga

#9 Curlygirl77

Curlygirl77
  • Global 100+
  • 148 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

I agree that the donor egg thread previously established is great, but sometimes a bit too much for my poor brain to handle!  I am really excited to hear about how long it took women seeking egg donors to achieve their pregnancies and how they went about this since I've read over and over again that success rates are quite high (and hoping that is true :-)

Thanks all for sharing!

c.

January 2013- decided to pursue donor egg IVF with my sister- she is diagnosed with DOR as well :-(

July 2013- decided on donor egg IVF in Europe, planning on early 2014 to give time to try naturally

Surprise BFP September 2013. Another chemical pregnancy :-( At the same time, a dear friend offers to donate her eggs to us! Her testing begins...

First beta 29/10- 36

Third beta 03/11- 277

Fourth beta 09/11- only 622... doubling time more than 3 days :-( Bracing ourselves for another miscarriage.

Fifth and final beta 12/11- 1875! Tripled in 3 days. RE wondering about ectopic...  

13/11- first ultrasound- gestational sac, yolk sac and fetal pole seen! Baby measuring exactly right on for dates! We are ecstatic!!!  Too early for heartbeat so now waiting patiently for next ultrasound.

05/12- 8+6 - beautiful heartbeat of 165 heard and baby is exactly the right size (and also very photogenic).  Can't believe it!!!!!!

12/12- 9+5 - first OB appointment. New due date is July 12th by our 8 week scan. Can't believe how much baby was moving in there on the ultrasound today!!! Happy little heartbeat too.

June 17, 2014-  our little miracle baby boy born by c-section for pre-eclampsia and breech at 36 weeks!  He is so awesome.  So incredibly thankful....

Surprise BFP August 2015.  Seems too good to be true.  Very cautious but holding out a bit of hope...

First beta 02/09 - 2811

22/09 - first ultrasound at 7+5! Little baby measuring right on track with a beautiful heartbeat. Due date May 5th!

April 21, 2016 - our second miracle boy is born naturally after a c-section the first time.  What an experience… We are so thankful to the universe and feel that our family is now complete. 

#10 Butterfli

Butterfli
  • Super Moderator
  • 843 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Fertility East

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

Hi cg,
My situation is different to yours but technically I had donor eggs & donor sperm as I carried my wifes egg.
As you can see from my siggy it took in our 2 cycle fourth transfer - though I started accupunture & Chinese herbs from transfer no. 3 and I wonder if I had started it from the beginning would I have had an earlier success?

Good luck :)

Me 30 DW 34 - Two mummies to be! I'll carry my wife's egg so we can blend our family

First IVF Cycle

March 2012 Fresh - BFN

April 2012 FET- BFN

May 2012 FET- BFP - M/c6w6d icon_cry.gif

Second IVF Cycle

August 31 Fresh- th_abfp.gif

1st Beta 265 (TG) 11dp3dt

Sep 8 - 2nd Beta 8751 18dp3dt

Sep 15 - 3rd Beta - 43066 25dp3dt

babyboy.gif DS is born the 4th of May 2013 and we are so smitten!

stork-baby.gifProject Sibling stork-baby.gif

Me - 32 DW - 36 DS - 1

Second IVF Cycle

April 2014 FET - BFN 

Third IVF Cycle

July 2014 Fresh - th_abfp.gif

1st Beta 105 (TG) 9dp5dt

2nd Beta 1150 14dp5dt

Third Beta 12470 21dp5dt

babyboy.gif DS is born 7th of March 2015 and he is so precious.

stork-baby.gifProject Siblingstork-baby.gif 

Planning in 2016

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

#11 morningsun2

morningsun2
  • 61 posts
  • My Clinic:ReproMed

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

After many failed IVF attempts with my own eggs, I finally found an egg donor through this amazing site.  I was diagnosed with very bad endometriosis and endomentriomas on my ovaries.  Using donor eggs, I did one fresh transfer of 2 embryos, which results in my ds, 23 months old, and on the 2nd attempt using 2 frozen embryos leftover from the initial round, I am only 5 weeks away from delivering a second miracle baby boy!  It's been easy street for us with donor eggs compared to the nightmares we went through trying to conceive using my own eggs.  Best of luck to all of you and I'm so blessed to be able to post to give everyone else hope for their own miracles. 

MFI & Endo - TTC since 2006

1st IVF ICSI Sept/08
Lupron 0.05cc, Puregon 200 IU's, Menopur 75 IU's/doubled for last few days
Retrieval - 4 eggs, 2 mature (didn't fertilize) 2 immature - incubated and fertilized
2 fertilized eggs (poor quality) put back Sept 29/08 - BFN

Jan. 22/09 Laparoscopy removal of endometriomas from ovaries

2nd IVF - Start bcp Apr. 16/09
Start Lupron 0.1cc May 5 - not suppressing, eventually go to short protocol
July/09 - try again with short protocol
6 eggs, 4 mature, 2 fertilized, 1 great egg ready to transfer
Transfer postponed due to liquid in uterus.

FET Augut/09
1 perfect egg survived thaw and was transferred, but BFN

Needed break from IVF. Did weight loss program and lost 30 pounds, eating healthfully, and eating for endo (very little beef/dairy)

Feb. 8/10 - Start Puregon 250 IU's, Menopur 150 IU's on Feb. 8/10
Saw 5 follies on left ovary (and 5 cysts, yikes!) and 3 on right ovary, along with the monster endometrioma
Day 6 - 10 follies between 0.8 & 1.3 (4 on left ovary 1x0.8 and 3x0.9, 6 on right ovary along with endometrioma, 1x0.9, 2x1.1, 3x1.3)
Day 9 - endometrioma is on LEFT ovary!?!?! WHAT?!?! Follies on left not growing, which is okay now. Right side 1x1.1, 4x1.6-1.9, 1x2.1 Stop Menopure!!!
Feb 19/10 - 6 eggs retrieved
Feb 20 - 5 mature, but none fertilized. Time to experiment and see where the issue lies. 1 immature brought along and fertilized with donor sperm. 2 donor eggs (research purposes only) fertilized with dh's sperm to see what happens.
Feb 21 - The Dr. called to say 2 eggs had delayed fertilization and have now started dividing. Potential transfer tomorrow! Wow, so surprised!
Feb. 22 - Transfer cancelled, eggs stopped dividing. Testing proved egg quality issue, can still use dh's sperm! yay!
Onto our new path - donor eggs!

Found an angel to share a cycle. Can't believe it and feel like the luckiest girl on earth!

August 20, 2010 our angel started lupron, Aug 30 started stims
September 10, 2010 Retrieval - 31 eggs (unbelievable!) 10/14 good quality for our angel and 4/15 good quality for us
September 13 - Transfer - 2 each. Our angel has 8 on ice and we have 2 on ice! Never had that before, in fact I've never had 2 good quality eggs to transfer! Amazing.
September 20 - POAS - BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for BOTH of us!
Sept 27 - beta 686 Sept 29 - beta 1941
Oct. 8 - first ultrasound - 1 perfect little baby for me!

Posted Image

#12 Lrghtp

Lrghtp
  • Global 100+
  • 618 posts
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

Previous diagnosis: premature ovarian failure

Success - yes, currently 19.5 weeks pregnant

# of tries: on first fresh transfer (we have a few frosties in the freezer)

I should say though that although it was the 1st fresh transfer, as first (non-proven) donor failed right before the stim cycle was to start (she had cysts on her ovaries).

We went with a Toronto clinic.  They work with a couple of different agencies, some in Canada and some in the States.  You chose your donor and all dealings w.r.t. compensating the donor are directly through the agency.  The clinic just handles the medical aspect.  That's how the clinic gets around Canadian laws.  If you are at a Canadian clinic, ask them if they will work with an agency in this manner.  Quite a few of them do.

The pros are that there is no travel involved for you.  The donor will travel to your clinic/city if she is not from here.  If that's the way you are going, I do have some further recommendations that can greatly decrease your headaches... either contact me, or else look in the thread.  I've posted about it once or twice.

• My_time likes this

Very long journey to this point... 4 years of *all* bad news, *all* the time.

2012 - gave up all hope of a baby

Decided to give one lost try with Dr. L. at Create - best recommendation we've ever received

Dr. L. works his magic...Jan 28/13 - 2 day 5 embryos transferred

Feb 8th; BFP on HPT, Day 17: 1st HCG 562, 6w1d u/s: WE HAVE A HEARTBEAT!! 97!

October 15th 2013 - Our perfect little baby arrives!! We are over the moon!

FET #1 - Single 5 day embryo transfer on June 17th/14

Protocol same as before: dexa, GCSF for lining, baby ASA, doxycycline, intralipids

June 23rd: BFP on HPT

Cramping and bright red blood on June 24th :o HANG ON LITTLE BEAN!

June 25th: HCG 90, June 27th: HCG 248 July 1st: HCG 1713

July 13th: we have a heartbeat - 118!

Almost 10 weeks of bleeding starting at 12 weeks (to about 21 weeks) - incl 2 large hemorrhages. 10 weeks of worry, thinking every day I've lost the bean. At one point subchorionic is 14cm!! Little fighter hangs on though...

Big scare at 16 weeks; u/s mentions possibility of amniotic bands. Detailed early anatomic scan says no amniotic bands. When u/s is NOT your best friend...

EDD: March 4, 2015

#13 Curlygirl77

Curlygirl77
  • Global 100+
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

There are some amazing stories of success for sure, thank you so much for sharing... It seems like egg donation is much easier on the recipient's body overall?  I felt that it was the right decision for me given that my body has been through so much already throughout my life (diagnosis of type 1 diabetes late in life and some other pitfalls!).  I just didn't feel that it would be easy to stimulate me to produce enough eggs for fertilization (and success) given my diagnosis of DOR, and felt afraid to embark on the journey of all of the meds, potential 'failed' IVF cycles, etc. so have decided to go straight to donor eggs.  I am so very grateful that there are women out there who are willing to donate their eggs.  So amazing of them.

First beta 29/10- 36

Third beta 03/11- 277

First beta 02/09 - 2811

#14 cherry88

cherry88
  • 73 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:UBC then VFC

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:17 AM

This is a great thread!

1. Unexplained

2. Yes! DD will be 7 months old soon

3. 1 failed fresh IVF (transfered 1 emby); success on 1st FET (transfered 2 embies) 

All I can say is that now that DD is here, I cannot imagine not having her as my baby and I have no regrets having to go through what we did to end up with her in my life. <3

See About Me Page

#15 IVFWarrior

IVFWarrior
  • Global 100+
  • 234 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:12 PM

Love this thread and reading about so many wonderful DE stories.  We went the DE route after way too many failed IUIs and IVFs with my  own crappy eggs.

1) PCOS, Endo and Unicornuate Uterus (rare abnormality - have only 1 fallopian tube as a result)

2) YES.  Have a 2 year old and now 12 weeks preg again.

3) Child #1 - BFP with first transfer.  Twins at first, lost one at 8 weeks.  Pending Child #2 - BFP with second FET.  

Me: 38 DH: 40
Diagnosis: PCOS, Endo & Unicornuate Uterus 
Cycle 1: IUI #1 Jan 2008 BFN
Cycle 2: IUI #2 March 2008 BFN
Cycle 3: IUI #3 May 2008 BFN
Cycle 4: IVF #1 Aug 2008 BFN
Cycle 5: FET #1 Oct 2008: BFN
Cycle 6: IVF #2 Feb 2009: BFN
Cycle 7: IVF #3 June 2009: BFN
Cycle 8: FET #2 Sept 2009: BFN
Cycle 9: IVF #4 Dec 2009. BFN
Cycle 10:IVF #5 April 2010 with surro BFN
Cycle 11:FET #3 May 2010 with surro BFN Time to move onto to DE..... 
Cycle 12: IVF #6 Sept 2010 BFP!
#1 Beta - 750; #2 Beta - 2,239; #3 Beta - 6,008; #4 Beta - 23,135
6w4d - Twins! Baby A 108bpm & Baby B 110bpm!
7w5d - Baby A no heart beat & Baby B 145bpm.
Our baby boy born May 2011 tipping the scales at 5lbs 8oz - a tiny peanut!  

Cycle 13: FET #4 Feb 2013 - BFN 

Cycle 14: FET #5 April 2013 - 1 blast transferred April 2.  BFP!
Beta#1 - 159;  #2 - 294; #3 - 666; #4 - 2,419
Due December 20 with another BOY!

6ecUm4.png

#16 Ari'smom

Ari'smom
  • 19 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Genesis

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:51 AM

1) Unexplained infertility & poor responder

2) Yes, I became pregnant! Our DD was born August 2011.

3) Unsuccessful: 2 cancelled ICSI cycles, one complete ICSI cycle, one donor egg ICSI cycle. SUCCESSFUL: 2nd fresh donor egg ICSI cycle (& now in 2ww of FET)

2004 Cycle cancelled due to poor response

2005 Cycle cancelled due to poor response

2007 Still poor response but allowed "1 last kick at the can" at ICSI: BFN. Told need egg donor.

2009 Donor egg ICSI: BFN

2010 Donor egg ICSI: 2 day 5 blasts transferred (+ 3 snow babies!): BFP!! DD born Aug 3, 2011

2013 June FET #1: one snow baby transferred June 28: th_abfn.gif th_agrr.gif

Now awaiting phone consultation with Dr K about how quickly we can try again.

#17 MyBabyisaWestie

MyBabyisaWestie
  • Global 100+
  • 102 posts
  • My Clinic:CCRM

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

Wow this is an encouraging thread!
1. Premature ovarian failure
2. YES - currently 10 wks pregnant
3. After 5 yrs of trying round after round of IVF using own eggs (see signature), we transferred a single fresh blastocyst on our very first round using a donor egg & got pregnant.

I too highly recommend CCRM in Colorado, despite the cost. They're really organized, informative, comprehensive, & I really liked how ethical they were about dealing with the donors (that was a thing for me). They're very rigorous in their procedures & testing before accepting a donor & their psych dept rejects lots of donors if they feel any type of maternal feeling toward the eggs or babies that would result, or if they get any hint that the donor is doing this out of pure financial need. I thought that was classy.

me 39 / dh 39
married 02 Aug 08 / TTC since Jul 2008
dx = DOR, low AMH, fibroids & now adenomyoma, plus DH with some DNA fragmentation
At previous clinic:
Apr-Sept 2009 - Clomid & monitoring
Oct-Nov 2009 - 2x IUI - unsuccessful
At TCART
IVF #1= Day 3 FSH=15 / AFC 12-14 - started 0.05 suprefact & 150cc puregon 2x/day
May 2010 - ER 11 eggs extracted - split between 8xICSI & 3xIVF - ET tranferred 3 grade A 3-day old embies / froze 5 others
27 May 10 - Beta = BFP!!!!! - 1st U/S = TWINS!
Sep/10 - routine 19 wk u/s showed dilated cervix, baby girl's membrane bulging out of uterus / dx=ic / emergent cerclage / baby girl PPROM / 2d later, baby boy PPROM / 2d later, infection spread to me, onset labour / both babies born at 21w 2d / daughter stillborn, son lived 10 mins - went into septic shock - 3d in ICU
IVF #2 (FET) = Dec 2010 - FET of 1 emb (rest of frozen emb's (4) deteriorated) = BFN
IVF#3 = Mar 2011 - ER 5 eggs extracted (only ICSI-ed 3, other 2 no good) / 14 Mar 11 - ET 2 emb's transferred, none left for cryo = BFN

IVF#4 = May 2011 - ER 8 eggs extraced, 4 fertilized - ET 1 blast transferred, 1x blast in cryo = BFN

IVF #5 (+ FET) = Jul 2011 - ER 12 eggs extracted, 8 fertilized - ET 1 fresh blast & 1 frozen blast transferred, 5 blasts in cryo = BFN

IVF #6 = Sep-Oct 2011 - ER 11 eggs extracted, 8 fertilized - ET 2 blasts, 1 blast in cryo = BFN

IVF #7 (FET) = Feb 2012 - FET of 2 blasts = BFN

Mar 2012 - cxled FET due to unsuccessful thawing of last 2 blasts

At Hannam

- investigations revealed very poor prognosis - we wanted to try one last time but Oct 2012 - cxled IVF due to only 4 eggs extracted, 2 immature, none fertilized - referred to CCRM for DE - donor chosen - completed mock cycle & two cycles of depo-luperon to "calm" an area of adenomyosis in the uterus

DE IVF at CCRM

18 May 13 - single blast transfer

27 May 13 - BETA positive!!

25 Jul 13 - 12w3d! - 1st appt at Mt Sinai Special Pregnancy Unit, incl NT u/s, blood draws, swabs, etc. - baby doing great, dancing up a storm, NT totally normal, all good!

#18 RedSiren

RedSiren
  • Global 100+
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:Natural Health, Acupuncture, Mind-Body Connection
  • My Clinic:Isis RFC

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:23 AM

Hi out there!!

Thought I would start a thread for those who would like to share their donor egg stories!  I would love to know if the stats are reflected in the 'real' population!

If you are open to sharing, these are the things I would love to know:

1) what was your diagnosis before doing the DE IVF

2) did you become pregnant?

3) how many tries did it take you?  Did you do FET or just fresh transfer?

Thanks so much :-)

All the best to everyone!

1. Advanced Maternal Age. (Yes, apparently being over 40 is a medical condition!)

2. Preg naturally with OE, miscarriage, went to DE will know in 2 weeks.

3. Hopefully only 1 try with a fresh transfer on Sunday. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers (In)Fertility Journey Details in About Me...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: donor egg, ivf, success stories