neupogen - at VFC or can I do from home (AB)? - VFC (Victoria) - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

neupogen - at VFC or can I do from home (AB)?

neupogen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hopefullyus

hopefullyus
  • Global 100+
  • 135 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:was Foothills now VFC

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

I am from AB and just wondered if Neupogen must be done by med staff at VFC or it is can be self administered (in AB).  I know that I need to have intralipids at VFC the week before transfer but was not sure about Neupogen.  Thanks for any input:)

Me: 40

DH: 45

Diagnosis: Severe male factor, likely female factor (uterine/immune) and age at this point

The short story: 

4 fresh cycles plus one cancelled fresh cycle 

3 FETs plus one cancelled FET

Have a 2 year old son from FET in 2013 when immunotherapy added to protocol with VFC 

Trying for sibling since May 2015

Got pregnant on fresh cycle last year at 39 but ended in miscarriage

Just transferred two blasts Oct 24 from fresh cycle at 40 and was lucky to have two blasts to freeze- this cycle at 40 so far has been way better than my last fresh at 39:)

Detailed info re cycles on about me page. 

#2 rollergirl

rollergirl

Cougar Alert....loves boy toys...the younger the better!!

• 1000+
  • 1884 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

You can have the neupogen shot the same day as your transfer.....

• gibasgirl and mountainchick like this
Me-72 DH-26 It is what it is...

#3 hopefullyus

hopefullyus
  • Global 100+
  • 135 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

Thanks, but just curious... is it med staff administered or self-admin?

Diagnosis: Severe male factor, likely female factor (uterine/immune) and age at this point

The short story: 

Have a 2 year old son from FET in 2013 when immunotherapy added to protocol with VFC 

Just transferred two blasts Oct 24 from fresh cycle at 40 and was lucky to have two blasts to freeze- this cycle at 40 so far has been way better than my last fresh at 39:)

#4 mountainchick

mountainchick
  • Global 100+
  • 614 posts
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:34 PM

You might want to check with your GP if he/she can do it. My GP is willing to do my intralipids in my home town so I don't have to travel to VFC before or after my transfer. All she needed was the protocol and a letter from Dr. H and I would have to sign a waiver for the treatment. I never inquired about the Neupogen shot. You could also check with Leigh or Tammi if they can help arrange something in your home town.  They could also tell you whether it can be administered by med staff or yourself. VFC will need to give you a prescription one way or the other.

Good luck smile.png

• gibasgirl likes this

TTC since I was 28; Started fertility treatments at 35.

Dx: Male factor, Hashimotos, fibroids

April 2011-13 eggs retrieved: all dead except 1 immature egg that was ICSI'd; no embryos to transfer

Switched from Calgary RFP to VFC

IVF#2: November 2012, donor egg cycle- chemical pregnancy

FET#1: Feb 2013- m/c @ 6 weeks

Sept 2013: Abdominal myomectomy done. Giant fibroids removed with my uterus intact! I love Dr. Allaire!

January 2014: Surrogacy- FET cycle, BFN.

FET#2: May 2014-BFP

May 26 beta=335,  May 28 beta=812, May 30 beta=2004          

Baby girl born January 2015 heart.gif

#5 littlebird71

littlebird71
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:53 PM

Hi all

I'm really new of this forum, I need just a little help regarding neupogen. I got an history of thin lining, 3 years of stimulation with a maximum of 6 mm, but 2 years ago my doctor did me some neupogen washes and I got pregnant and now i got a baby!

Unfortunately my lining is again thin and I want a second one baby, I want to re-use neupogen but the problem is that my doctor is not available in this month, that is the month before the transfer! awful - I really hate him !! i just want to know whether is possible to inject intralipid the neupogen instead of the usual wash that I did with my doctor (for the thin lining, not for other issues like losses) and if you have some suggestion about the way of making these injections (dose? days before transfer?)!

thank you very much

Littlebird71

#6 hopefullyus

hopefullyus
  • Global 100+
  • 135 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:41 PM

Little bird,

Neupogen can be injected for lining I believe but I am wondering if Neupogen wash is better for lining issues?  Not sure as my issue were immune vs lining.  Best of luck to you.  Hope that someone in the clinic can help you.  

The short story: 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: neupogen