Used Saizen human growth hormone success & over 40? - IVF Ages 35+ - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Used Saizen human growth hormone success & over 40?

saizen human growth hormone over 40

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Wantingour1st

Wantingour1st
  • Global 100+
  • 190 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

Does the human growth hormone Saizen for example make a difference in egg quality?

me 43, FSH 5, AMH 8.8 pmol/L is "Low Ovarian Reserve" which is 2.3 to 15.7 pmol/L

dh 41, low sperm, good for IVF

chance of IVF working because of age: 5% or less

we're taking lots of vitamins, (always did but now are taking a few different ones: InnoQnol CoQ10, PQQ, Inositol powder, baby aspirin, Prednisone (cuz i'm MTHFR I did a blood test & shows positive for blood clotting), Synthroid/Eltroxin (for my slightly elevated antibodies to thyroid I got after IVF) DHEA, Melatonin, Folapro (active form of folate), Royal Jelly, Bee Pollen, L’arginine, L’carninitine, Grape Seed, Pycnogenol, Resveratrol, Astaxanthin, NAC, Macca, E, C, D, Chinese Tea, homeopathic detox Unda numbers, weekly acupuncture, No dairy, no wheat, no sugar, everything organic I can find.

#2 Arlene Preddie

Arlene Preddie
  • 100++
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:Services: Mediation, Immigration, Psychotherapy and Insurance assistance to the NY, NJ Bar and the Law Society of Upper Canada
    Arlene C. Preddie, Esq. formerly nervous wreck on iva.ca
    Weddings For The Barefoot And Pregnant
    58 Carmine Crescent St. Catharines, Ontario L2S 3M5 (905) 984-5230
    wftbp.wordpress.com
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Previously Mt. Sinai & Create

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

Hi, Type A OCD here.  I was intrigued by your topic and I found the following:

https://ivf.ca/forums...ss-with-saizen/

https://ivf.ca/forums...ivf-and-saizen/

https://ivf.ca/forums...ormone-and-ivf/

https://www.google.c...iw=1366&bih=612

hth all the best

Former User Name: Nervous Wreck

FSH: 8

AMH: 8

Acupuncture: weekly

Chiropractor: 3x per week. Dr. Sly Etobicoke http://americanpregn...iropractic.html

3 Fibroids (10 cm, 3cm, 2cm)

SUPPLEMENTS

Prenatal, NAC, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Cenitol, Folapro, Rhodiola & Ginseng (by Medi Herb for cortisol support), Serracel, Omega 3-6-9, King of Codyceps, Chaga (oriveda),  Thyro-Gold, Cerebrovital PQQ-10

Consult @ Mt. Sinai 1/31/2013

polyp removed 4/24/2013

HSG 5/2013 tubes open, but same 2cm fibroid and possibly scar tissue (endo?)

5/2013 consult with Create another hysteroscopy scheduled to see if fibroid removal is necessary/possible

5/2013 consult with Dr. Fiona (fertility naturopath)

5/29/2013 2nd hysteroscopy @ Create polyp found and removed. 2cm fibroid not seen (huh? how did that happen)

IUI#1: was hoping for May 2013 now going straight to IVF

6/12/2013 started Lupron injections

6/21/2013 (AF arrives on time for the 2nd time in 28 years)

6/22/2013 go in for cycle monitoring WTF

6/23/2013 stop Lupron and convert to IUI with Gonal F

7/3/2013 6 follicles (yawn I'm still skeptical)

7/5/2013 IUI#1

7/6/2013 IUI# 2 (double yawn)

#3 Butterbean

Butterbean
  • Global 100+
  • 297 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

Hi wantingour1st,

My RE recommended using saizen for my last cycle to improve egg quality. She also recommended vitamin c 1000mg, omega 3 1000mg & co enzyme q10 1000mg daily. It was my best cycle so far of the 3 I've done. I even wound up with frozen embryos for future use, however, I also am 25w2d with twins. I have no regrets & am so thankful I did everything I could for this last cycle.

Good luck on your quest to parenthood!
  • gibasgirl, nettibug and Lanaz91 like this

#4 Lanaz91

Lanaz91
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:U of Louisville.

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

Butterbean. So did you use hgh? Not sure from your post. My RE is suggesting it. About to attempt IVF #4. Did get pregnant on #2 but had problems...

#5 Butterbean

Butterbean
  • Global 100+
  • 297 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

Yes. Used saizen 7.5 mg each day of stims along with supplements mentioned & max doses of menopur & bravelle. It was quite the cocktail!

All I can say is after the disastrous outcome of our 2nd cycle (yes, I did get pregnant but it ended very poorly) our ultra-conservative RE suggested saizen. Sooooooo glad I took her advice.

Best of luck to you with your decision making....

#6 Wantingour1st

Wantingour1st
  • Global 100+
  • 190 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

Butterbean, that's good about Saizen.  to compare with myself though, what is your age and do you have a diagnosis like PCOS?  thanks

me 43, FSH 5, AMH 8.8 pmol/L is "Low Ovarian Reserve" which is 2.3 to 15.7 pmol/L

dh 41, low sperm, good for IVF

chance of IVF working because of age: 5% or less

we're taking lots of vitamins, (always did but now are taking a few different ones: InnoQnol CoQ10, PQQ, Inositol powder, baby aspirin, Prednisone (cuz i'm MTHFR I did a blood test & shows positive for blood clotting), Synthroid/Eltroxin (for my slightly elevated antibodies to thyroid I got after IVF) DHEA, Melatonin, Folapro (active form of folate), Royal Jelly, Bee Pollen, L’arginine, L’carninitine, Grape Seed, Pycnogenol, Resveratrol, Astaxanthin, NAC, Macca, E, C, D, Chinese Tea, homeopathic detox Unda numbers, weekly acupuncture, No dairy, no wheat, no sugar, everything organic I can find.

#7 MeAgain

MeAgain
  • 1000+
  • 1374 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:#1Heartland...#2 OFC

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

Anyone take Saizen starting the AF prior to IVF treatment and right through to trigger?

I have 75% chance to do this, if I enroll in the study... Just seeking info...
Me: 39. DH 43 TTC:18 yrs DX: stage 4 endo @ 20 yrs old.FSH- 10-12DH - fine 7 corrective surgeries for endo & blocked tubes open 5 ectopics (natural) (cilia in tubes do not work) IVF #1 ... 2 Grade C 8cell - one healthy baby boy!! 2 frozen 4cell and 6cell- Grade BEctopic (natural)2004 - 8 weeks pg - tube exploded - internal bleeding - surgery - other tube closed Feb 2012 - FET - no transfer IVF# 2 (OFC) March 15 2013- 300iu, cetrotide, hcgONE mature follicle - no fertilization.

July 2013 - EPP - BFN
November - 2013 - EPP - One follicle, one egg, natural fertilization = BFP!!

#8 Butterbean

Butterbean
  • Global 100+
  • 297 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

Wanting - my official diagnosis is unexplained, however, after 3 ivf cycles (including one with icsi in an attempt to produce better embryos) it's obvious I have crappy quality eggs. I've had 16 or 17 eggs retrieved each cycle & only had 2 make it freezing quality using the saizen. I did have 2 to transfer in previous cycles but never under the best circumstances (emergency transfers on day 3 - unexpected because so many did so poorly with the fertilization process). Many of my eggs fertilized multiply ( no good) or shattered with the icsi.

I was 35 when I started this ivf process. I am now 39. My FSH was 7.2 for my last 2 cycles. It was 5.4 when I started. The stark differences in my cycles tell me that saizen helped immensely in the quality department.

Again, good luck with your decision!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: saizen, human growth hormone, over 40