14 replies to this topic

#1 Charlotte80

Charlotte80
  • 13 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:ONE

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

Hi Ladies,

I'm 5 weeks 4 days today. My breasts were mildly sore since I started Progesterone Suppositories. This morning I found that my boobs barely hurt, maybe a little when I poked them. Is this common for this type of symptom to come and go? Is it just my body getting used to the progesterone? I'm feeling a bit nauseous and extremely tired but those are really the only other symptoms. Did your boobs hurt the entire first trimester? It just seems a bit early for them to suddenly stop aching, so naturally I'm getting a bit worried. My first beta 14dpt was 741; 16dpt 1700, so nice strong numbers. My u/s is this coming Monday, April 1st. Any insight or comments?

#2 StrawberryJam

StrawberryJam
  • Global 100+
  • 234 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

Hi Charlotte, 

I'm pretty close to you - 5 weeks 5 days. I've noticed my soreness also comes and goes. During the day I barely have any soreness at all (unless I poke them) and at night they're so sore I can barely sleep. I do not have any other symptoms except I'm eating tons and craving even more.

Anyway, I talked to my friend who just had her baby because I was concerned about the same thing, and she said she had no breast pain at all until now when she has started breast feeding. I think it's just that everyone is different and each symptom effects us all in different ways. 

Wishing you the best at your upcoming u/s - I have to wait until the 4th. 

Me: 28, PCO 
DH: 28, Male Factor

2 years into our journey!
November 2012 - Natural Cycle cancelled - no mature follicles
IUI #1 - Jan-Feb 2013 - GonalF 75Iu days 2 - 13; natural LH surge; IUI w/ 3 follies day 15. BFN 
IUI #2 - Feb-Mar 2013 - GonalF 100iu days 2 - 11; Ovidrel day 12; IUI w/ 2 big follies day 14. BFP!! 
Beta #1 (12dpiui): 62
Beta #2 (14dpiui): 126
April 4 Viability Ultrasound - measuring right on track at 6 weeks 6 days; HEARTBEAT!!! 124 bpm
April 18 - 8 weeks 5 days ultrasound - measuring right on track; Heartbeat 170 bpm
May 14 - 12 weeks 4 days ultrasound - healthy and active little bean!

June 5 - Final RE appointment, moving on to OB closer to home. 

July 2 - 19 weeks, 5 days (20 week ultrasound) we are having a BOY! 

Due Date: November 22, 2013

#3 Charlotte80

Charlotte80
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Thanks StrawberryJam! I'm trying hard not to overthink all these symptoms or a lack of them, but it's so hard! I really should stop poking my boobs though...I think people are starting to notice. ;) the u/s cannot come soon enough, right??? I have no idea how I'm going to get through this first trimester. It's draggin on forever.

#4 zoe101

zoe101
  • Global 100+
  • 332 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

They TOTALLY come and go.   I had myself in tears a few times as they would go from swollen and sore to totally normal the next day.

I found the 1st trimester really plays with your head with symtoms coming and going.  Its impossible to not read into everything, but I can assure you that they come and go many times.

• Charlotte80 likes this

Age 33. DH 37

IUI X 4 - BFN

IVF #1- Aug 2010 - Chemical

FET #1 - Dec 2010-BFN

FET # 2 - Jan 2011- BFN

FET #3- March 2011- BFN

FET #4 - May 2011 - BFP- Missed miscarriage 9.5 weeks

FET#5 - Sept 2011 - BFN - URGGGG will this ever work !!?

FET#6 - Dec 2011 - BFP- Miscarriage blighted ovum

FET #7 -Aug 2012- BFN

IVF# 2 - with PGD testing- Nov 2012 -  BFP!!!

ITS A BOY !!!! E.D.D Aug 15th/2013

#5 StrawberryJam

StrawberryJam
  • Global 100+
  • 234 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

Thanks for the reassurance Zoe. :)

Charlotte - Glad I'm not the only one - I feel like I'm going crazy! It's pretty much impossible not to overanalyze EVERYTHING...or the lack of things going on with our bodies as well. 

I think due to the route we take to get pg as well, we know very very early if we get a BFP...so that makes the 1st trimester feel even LONGER. At least that's the excuse I'm using!! 

IUI #1 - Jan-Feb 2013 - GonalF 75Iu days 2 - 13; natural LH surge; IUI w/ 3 follies day 15. BFN 
IUI #2 - Feb-Mar 2013 - GonalF 100iu days 2 - 11; Ovidrel day 12; IUI w/ 2 big follies day 14. BFP!! 
April 4 Viability Ultrasound - measuring right on track at 6 weeks 6 days; HEARTBEAT!!! 124 bpm
April 18 - 8 weeks 5 days ultrasound - measuring right on track; Heartbeat 170 bpm

#6 frostedlemon

frostedlemon
  • 1000+
  • 1989 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility Clinic

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

Symptoms definitely come and go. I would feel great when I first woke up and I'd be sure it was all over, and then 20 minutes later I'd be hanging over the toilet, and then I'd be fine again for a while and sure it was all over again. My boobs were my first symptom but they hurt more and less seemingly randomly and sometimes seemed fuller than other times. First trimester is definitely long and there's lots of worrying, you're completely normal to have all of that.

See About Me for full info.

"At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us." - Albert Schweitzer

#7 Charlotte80

Charlotte80
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

Thanks for your input ladies! Just got home and I'm finding that the boobs are feeling sore again. What a roller coaster! I will try not to read into the symptoms too much fom now on. I might totally lose it if I continue down this path. Strawberry, you are right on in saying that taking this route to get pregnant, whether it's through ivf or iui makes us more sensitive to how we feel early on, so it's almost impossible not to go a little psychotic every ones in a while. :)
  • StrawberryJam likes this

#8 Juliet

Juliet
  • Global 100+
  • 718 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

I had to laugh at this thread title :) I knew exactly what you were talking about before opening it. My chest was the first thing I really noticed in my pregnancy... I can't remember the exact weeks of the first trimester but my boobs became so sore, I found it difficult at times to sleep, and I started wearing a soft bra to bed. I also remember at a certain point, I HATED shaving my legs in the shower... I felt like my boobs were going to rip off, they were so painful when I'd bend down. This did go away in time but I can also say my boobs at least doubled in size during my pregnancy, and now that I have a little one and am nursing, they are ginormous. I could write a saga on the adventures of my boobs. A reminder of something wonderful!! :)

• snowmom and StrawberryJam like this

#9 GraceM

GraceM
  • Cyclebase
  • 1438 posts
  • My Clinic:undetermined

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

it comes and goes. I have never had breast pain and at point, i nearly jumped out of my chair.  The nipples were the worst.  I started using Lasinoh day and night and now it is much better!

#10 snowmom

snowmom

Raving Lunatic

• Cyclebase
  • 2067 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

I had to laugh at this thread title :) I knew exactly what you were talking about before opening it. My chest was the first thing I really noticed in my pregnancy... I can't remember the exact weeks of the first trimester but my boobs became so sore, I found it difficult at times to sleep, and I started wearing a soft bra to bed. I also remember at a certain point, I HATED shaving my legs in the shower... I felt like my boobs were going to rip off, they were so painful when I'd bend down. This did go away in time but I can also say my boobs at least doubled in size during my pregnancy, and now that I have a little one and am nursing, they are ginormous. I could write a saga on the adventures of my boobs. A reminder of something wonderful!! :)

Lol! I hate shaving my legs in the shower because I CAN NOT REACH THEM ANYMORE!!!! I have become a tub shaver.
Me 40: Total tubal blockage, 1 ovary, DOR DH 35: Poor motilityTTC since 1998DS natural conception 1996DS&DD ivf icsi 2008DS ivf icsi 2013.Our family is complete.Donated four frosties. IP's got bfp!

#11 Hopefulandwaiting

Hopefulandwaiting
  • 17 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Edmonton Fertility Clinic

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

My are less swollen and sore in the last couple days, so I'm hoping its normal because I just stopped taking progesterone too so it may have been from that I guess too.

Good luck to you!
1997 - spontaneous m/c

Me: 29
DH: 33
Together 11 years married in 2012!

TTC since winter 2009
BFP Mar 2010 HCG extremely high, but very excited u/s at 7 wks.
Odd that u/s Dates didn't match up based on my LMC should have shown farther along, but Heartbeat seen!
Spontaneous M/C May 29/10 at 11wks.. 👼
2011 March BFP!!! TTC with herbal supplements to increase fertility
HCG very very low, but increasing
1st u/s showed nothing but doc thought maybe too soon as hcg was so low
2 u/s showed hematoma and no fetal pole
3rd u/s at 10wks past LMC, showed nothing. Blighted ovum...
July 2011 Referral to Edmonton fertility and endocrine clinic
Nov 2011 HSG - determined a blockage in uterus in front of right Fallopian tube
Feb 2012 laparoscopy and hystercopy removal of adhesions, endometriosis and right Fallopian tube due to complete blockage
Apr 2012 3 cycles of 50mg clomid not successful in regulating hormones bfn's all 3 months
Nov 2012 stims IUI cancelled follicle growth on the side of blocked tube only
Mar 2013 stims IVF fresh cycle transferred 2 blasts Mar 14th none to freeze. BFP March 23!! Very blessed and hopeful that this is the one for us!!!
Dec 2013 Healthy DS born 8lbs1oz!!!

#12 StrawberryJam

StrawberryJam
  • Global 100+
  • 234 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

Still on the progesterone for another 2 weeks, but my boob pain has all but stopped! Never thought I'd miss it, but who would have thought! Can't win either way...worry if the pain's there, and worry if it's gone! 

#13 Lrghtp

Lrghtp
  • Global 100+
  • 618 posts
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

Then read this!!

http://murgdan.blogs...me-easy-go.html

LOL.  yes, that was me about 7 weeks ago.  Sheesh... feels like an eternity and it's only really 7 weeks?  Nausea has been so bad that every day feels like a month...

Very long journey to this point... 4 years of *all* bad news, *all* the time.

2012 - gave up all hope of a baby

Decided to give one lost try with Dr. L. at Create - best recommendation we've ever received

Dr. L. works his magic...Jan 28/13 - 2 day 5 embryos transferred

Feb 8th; BFP on HPT, Day 17: 1st HCG 562, 6w1d u/s: WE HAVE A HEARTBEAT!! 97!

October 15th 2013 - Our perfect little baby arrives!! We are over the moon!

FET #1 - Single 5 day embryo transfer on June 17th/14

Protocol same as before: dexa, GCSF for lining, baby ASA, doxycycline, intralipids

June 23rd: BFP on HPT

Cramping and bright red blood on June 24th :o HANG ON LITTLE BEAN!

June 25th: HCG 90, June 27th: HCG 248 July 1st: HCG 1713

July 13th: we have a heartbeat - 118!

Almost 10 weeks of bleeding starting at 12 weeks (to about 21 weeks) - incl 2 large hemorrhages. 10 weeks of worry, thinking every day I've lost the bean. At one point subchorionic is 14cm!! Little fighter hangs on though...

Big scare at 16 weeks; u/s mentions possibility of amniotic bands. Detailed early anatomic scan says no amniotic bands. When u/s is NOT your best friend...

EDD: March 4, 2015

#14 StrawberryJam

StrawberryJam
  • Global 100+
  • 234 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

Pathgirl - thanks for sharing that. It was worth the read, and gave me a smile. :) 

#15 aprilbaby

aprilbaby
  • Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

They go down around week 5. Dont worry!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: symptoms, early pregnancy