Fibroid pain relief during active treatment - Ask the Naturopathic Physician - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Fibroid pain relief during active treatment

Fibroids Pain relief Natural remedies Nutrition Homeopathy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nerium

Nerium
  • Cyclebase
  • 126 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

Hi Dr. Fiona,

I have fibroids that cause me a great deal of pain during my periods. I'm in my prep month of the patch protocol and I am about to have my Day 1. I have been advised against taking any NSAIDs during this time and Tylenol just doesn't help. Do you have any advice for keeping the pain to a minimum without medication? Are there foods that I should eat or avoid? Specific exercises or stretches that could help? A homeopathic remedy? Any information at all would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Nerium

1st (and probably only) IVF/ICSI cycle Feb/Mar 2013 - Ectopic

#2 DrFionaMcCulloch

DrFionaMcCulloch
  • Physician
  • 842 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:White Lotus Naturopathic

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

Hi Nerium,

You could try a castor oil pack.  The basics of this are:

Use a thin layer of castor oil on your lower abdomen, and cover with a piece of waterproof plastic.  Then use a heating pad overtop of the plastic.  Let the heat sit on your abdomen for 20 minutes, and then remove the castor oil.  

Try this twice per day during your period.  It may help with the pain quite a bit!  

All the best

Dr Fiona

Dr. Fiona McCulloch, BSc., ND : Naturopathic Doctor, Integrative Women's Health & Fertility
White Lotus Integrative Medicine
Greenfield Ave, Suite 201
North York, Ontario, M2N 3CBCanada
phone (416) 730-8218

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fibroids, Pain relief, Natural remedies, Nutrition, Homeopathy