My experience in Montreal Reproductive Centre - Montreal Reproductive Centre - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

My experience in Montreal Reproductive Centre

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BabyFan

BabyFan
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Montreal R Center

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

anyone get pregnant by IVF here?

#2 strongbeliever

strongbeliever
  • 9 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Clinic OVO

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

Hi BabyFan....sorry to hear what you went throughajigl.gif . I'm a patient at OVO, so far i had a pretty good experience with them. I have not gone so far in my IVF cycle but soon i'll be going through ER and ET. I'm still on stims. I have heard good things about Montreal Fertility Clinic as well. Infact there is a clinic chat in this forum, that's very helpful too. Hope all goes well with you.

#3 Heregoesnothing

Heregoesnothing

Heregoesnothing

• Cyclebase
  • 1416 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Canada

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

I've had a great experience at Procrea....  (BFP from them).  Very professional - clean office, I enjoyed the Dr's and embryologists.  Great/easy communication all the time.  Dr's are experienced.  They have good stats.  Free parking!  LOL!  No wait time.

MFC is definitely a high contender... very small and personal.  I wanted to cycle there, but since he closes the entire clinic during the holidays, and during summer months, it wasn't for us.  

I tried MRC - and was so turned off by their organizational skills that I never returned.  plus, I would have had to redo all the tests (lapo, hysto ect...) even though our issue was MF.  It was standard procedure and that really turned me off.  All he had to do was look at my file and see that it wasn't needed.  

I didn't enjoy Ovo.  After our appointment with them, we both left feeling like it wasn't the place for us.  It's really big!  The Dr that we had was pushing for all these extra tests...  (that cost a lot of money) when I didn't feel they were at all necessary.  I think we just had a bad experience with the Dr... but i turned us off.  

Go visit the other clinics.  You'll never know until you see and meet Dr's.  They will go over your file and propose a new plan of action.  Then, you go with the one you feel comfortable with.  That's what we did.  And it worked!

Good luck!

• gibasgirl and Lisa1981 like this

May 2013 - We welcome our baby boy 

Nov. 28th 2015 - We welcome our baby girl

3 day 3 embryos on ice 

For a more detailed look on my cycles, visit my 'about me' page

#4 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13136 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

Hello Babyfan,

I wanted to stop by to say that I am sorry about your experience with that clinic and doctor.

I hope things go much better with the next clinic and cycle.

So many things have to fall into place for a good cycle and good medical relationship to flourish. I always say that trusting your instincts is the best thing to do.

All the best to you.
  • Red Wine and Lisa1981 like this

#5 BabyFan

BabyFan
  • 2 posts
  • My Clinic:Montreal R Center

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

Thank you everyone, and congratulations "Heregoesnothing" , and all the best!.

#6 Lisa1981

Lisa1981
  • Cyclebase
  • 1698 posts
  • Interests:Getting my sanity back
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:N/A at the moment

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

Hi BabyFan,

So sorry to read about what you went thru.. that is a complete nightmare for someone in our position.

I tried McGill and MFC, although I had no issues with my Dr at McGill, I prefered the atmosphere at MFC. It is smaller, warmer etc... HOWEVER; the last few times I was there, it was extremely busy, I never had my u/s on time. But still, compared to the wait time at McGill for an u/s, the wait time in the waiting room was still reasonnable. I did not go to OVO, Procrea or CHUM, so i can't say anything about them.

Good luck and I hope you find the right clinic for you :)

Lisa

Me: 33 - DH: 36

July 2012: referred to Ottawa fertility center
August 2012: Test results are back
High FSH, Low AFC (only 6)
Endo (duuuh) & DOR  (great....)

And may has well make it a trio...male factor (motility)

After 2 failed IUIs, 5 Failed IVF:

Trying on our own until spring come's along... 

Feb 09: A little Miracle, a natural BFP. Praying it sticks around for 9 months.

Feb 11: Beta 25 (yikes)- P4: 47 oh boy, put on progesterone

Feb 13: Beta 86 - P4: 144

Feb 18: Beta 544 - P4: 96

Feb 20: Beta 1128 - P4: 81... increased progesterone to 600mg

Feb 24: Beta 1608 - P4: 100... oh boy, not looking promissing

Feb 25: Beta: 1942 (no P4) at another hospital.. ok, looking better... U/S: sac and yolk. Nothing else.

March 04: HB 115. Problem: Sac is small... repeat u/s next week

March 14: U/S , HB (abdominal) 167bpm (internal) 158bpm. Problem: Sac still small, reapeat u/s in 10 days..

March 24: U/S confirmed no HB.. stop progesterone. M/C that same evening