5 replies to this topic

#1 hopefullyus

hopefullyus
  • Global 100+
  • 135 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:was Foothills now VFC

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Just wondering if Dr. H has used Humira to assist with implantation/immunotherapy protocol at VFC.  If so, how did it work?

Me: 40

DH: 45

Diagnosis: Severe male factor, likely female factor (uterine/immune) and age at this point

The short story: 

4 fresh cycles plus one cancelled fresh cycle 

3 FETs plus one cancelled FET

Have a 2 year old son from FET in 2013 when immunotherapy added to protocol with VFC 

Trying for sibling since May 2015

Got pregnant on fresh cycle last year at 39 but ended in miscarriage

Just transferred two blasts Oct 24 from fresh cycle at 40 and was lucky to have two blasts to freeze- this cycle at 40 so far has been way better than my last fresh at 39:)

Detailed info re cycles on about me page. 

#2 My_time

My_time

The world says give up! Hope whispers one more time

• Cyclebase
  • 1817 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

I don't have answer to your question. However, I read the warnings in humira's label and decided to stay away from it.

Diagnosis: Repeated Pregnancy Loss + DOR + Advance maternal Age.

So far no luck with IVF attempts. Hope things take a turn soon.

#3 hopefullyus

hopefullyus
  • Global 100+
  • 135 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

Thanks My_time_will_come, 

Sounds like you know much about this drug and your caution seems warranted. Yes, I do have inflamm arthritis (type undetermined at this point but RA or PsA most likely) and rheumatologists like to treat it aggressively in the first couple years.  I am just looking at my med options at this point and this was suggested as possible aggressive treatment up to pregnancy.  Admittedly it did scare me, but I both want to ensure aggressive treatment of IA and amelioration of any immunological issues that may have affected our previous (unsuccessful) cycles.  

Take care, HopefullyUs

Diagnosis: Severe male factor, likely female factor (uterine/immune) and age at this point

The short story: 

Have a 2 year old son from FET in 2013 when immunotherapy added to protocol with VFC 

Just transferred two blasts Oct 24 from fresh cycle at 40 and was lucky to have two blasts to freeze- this cycle at 40 so far has been way better than my last fresh at 39:)

#4 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13136 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:05 AM

Humira is not used for an extended period. One shot is administered about 6-8 weeks prior to cycling and then a 2nd shot is administered after that. Of course, you always have the option of not following an immunological treatment protocol. I believe more information can be found on the Allan E. Beer Centre's Website. All the best to you.

#5 My_time

My_time

The world says give up! Hope whispers one more time

• Cyclebase
  • 1817 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

Hi Hopefullyus,  if you have immune diseases then your Rheumatologist knows better how to deal with it. Take good care of yourself. :)

Diagnosis: Repeated Pregnancy Loss + DOR + Advance maternal Age.

So far no luck with IVF attempts. Hope things take a turn soon.

#6 hopefullyus

hopefullyus
  • Global 100+
  • 135 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Thanks for the info!

The short story: 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: humira, immune protocol