IVF - Microdose Flare Protocol - Unexplained - IVF.ca Forums

Photo

IVF - Microdose Flare Protocol

Unexplained DOR IVF Microdose Flare Calgary Foothills RPF - Regional Fertility Prog Microflare

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AnnieM

AnnieM
  • 20 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program/Foothills

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

I am 29, TTC #1. On Dec. 11, 2012 I was told I have DOR. Today, doctor confirmed AFC results (#1: 5, #2: 7) and FSH (9 both times, he said most women my age would be around 5-6 and he'd hope to see under 8. So it's not horrible, but it's a bit elevated). I was talking about DOR and he said that under the main categories of infertility (e.g., male factor, tubal, ovulatory, etc.), we'd be unexplained but that low ovarian reserve is a big piece of that (but not so much a diagnosis on its own because studies aren't really out there to say that low reserve itself = significantly less chance of natural conception, but there is clearly an issue for us since it's been over a year). Anyway . . . . we were told that our viable options were IUI + injectables or IVF with his preference being IVF. Our preference was also IVF. I asked him what protocol he'd put me on and he said microdose flare. I know a bit about it and I have read a bit about other protocols (long lupron, estrogen priming, pre-treatment with transdermal testosterone, agonist/antagonist, etc.). What have people's experiences been with the microdose flare? Since there's no worry of overstimming for me, he said he doesn't need to experiment with dosages and he can give me all he's got to get me to stim as much as possible and hopefully we'll get several good eggs.

Me: 29 DH: 31
TTC#1
Diagnosed with DOR on Dec 11, 2012
AFC = 5
FSH = 9

Have tried acupuncture, herbs, supplements, preseed, OPKs, BBT, and checking cervical position and mucus

Planning on proceeding with IVF (max of 3 rounds because of finances)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Unexplained, DOR, IVF, Microdose, Flare, Calgary, Foothills, RPF - Regional Fertility Prog, Microflare