OHIP question about # of cycles covered - Healthcare Funding and Finances - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

OHIP question about # of cycles covered

blocked tubes mount sinai

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 If at first

If at first
  • Global 100+
  • 373 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Mt Sinai

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

Just wondering if someone can help me understand this...

I have a hydro and a blocked tube. I'm having them both removed and doing OHIP covered IVF at Mt Sinai.

I really hope and pray that we can have more than one baby. I know that OHIP covers three fresh cycles.

Does this mean that if it takes you three fresh cycles to have one healthy pregnancy, you are on your own for subsequent tries if you want to have more kids?

... or does the coverage include three fresh tries per pregnancy attempt?

Hopefully this makes sense, and hopefully there are lots of people out there who have had three or four healthy babies via IVF with an answer for me!

Journey on 'about me' page

#2 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13136 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

It's my understanding that the frozen cycles that are a result of the fresh ones are covered. So, say with cycle # 1, you have 4 blasts left over. The FET(s) would be covered. I thought one of the ladies said that the clock resets when you have a baby, but I could be wrong.

#3 snowmom

snowmom

Raving Lunatic

• Cyclebase
  • 2067 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

I was told when I did my first cycle at OFC that it was three fresh cycles only per person. So if your first cycle was a bust, but you did a fet afterwards thatmworks, you have used one cycle only. Double check on the OHIP site. Good luck.
  • gibasgirl likes this
Me 40: Total tubal blockage, 1 ovary, DOR DH 35: Poor motilityTTC since 1998DS natural conception 1996DS&DD ivf icsi 2008DS ivf icsi 2013.Our family is complete.Donated four frosties. IP's got bfp!

#4 Cassandra_Angela

Cassandra_Angela
  • 1000+
  • 2084 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:HART

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

We had to pay for our FET's... it was only the 3 Fresh cycles that were covered.

Please see "about me" section for details

Pictures tell a thousand words: https://www.instagra...dra_angela1981/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blocked tubes, mount sinai