Elevated estrogen prior to FSH drugs??? Please help! - Page 2 - LifeQuest - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Elevated estrogen prior to FSH drugs??? Please help!

Cadesky Lupron IVF estrogen

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 sophi_H

sophi_H
  • Global 100+
  • 147 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:lifequest

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

Hello Lifequest gals, my cycle got cancelled! What a bummer! 3 my eggs (2 very big) went rogue and left the 6 others in the dust. Because I do CGH/PGD testing we need at least 5; so they cancelled. I had modest response to Gonal F 300 mg and since I couldn't do any BCP or estrogen priming (I am high risk with regards to thrombosis) my eggs were scattered. I really badly want a WTF appointment with RE to understand what went wrong.

I got really pissed and am waiting to see if they will do an IUI or not. Decision point is tomorrow - RE is on vacation and they want to consult him personally. The whole purpose of me doing IVF was to do CGH/PGD to find out if my eggs are genetically abnormal causing miscarriage - so now I am not sure about this IUI business. The last I want is yet another miscarriage after a successful IUI. All last year I went through this - BFP - get my hopes high - it looks good for couple of weeks and then crash! I am not sure if I can mentally handle yet another one. I am worried that I crash once and for all. But my brain says that I am not allowed to be scared.

Hope all is going with you all.

Sophi-H: how are you doing? What is next?

Elephantshoes: Do I get some of my cycle payment back? Shall I ask? Nobody is offering any refund to me so far and I am just waiting politely as they were very upfront about payment but not so much talkative about refund?

Hi My_Time

I am so sorry to hear about the cancelled cycle. I guess Dr L has to try another combo.

As per IUI I don't know, the best was to talk to Dr L , because as you said you are going through IVF for the PGD.

OMG difficult decision.

For the money, maybe they are waiting for an "order" from Dr L.....I don't know, they gave us the money for a cancelled IUI, and that was after the wash, but Dr Perry talked to the girls and we were reimbursed ( although the 400 $ were the last thing in my mind at that time and I wouldn't have though at all for reimbursement...)

Talking about the money, do you pay the whole fee at the beginning ? And where you get the meds ? AT the clinic ?

I am "menopausal" for now...........!!! due to Lupron.......and I am trying to "train" myself to take the supplements...like CoQ10 and B12 and Folic Acid...but can not handle them...heartburn...I see Dr C after his long vacation, March 20 and then the plan is IVF. So if anything starts will be in April or May and I can not make any plans for summer vacation bc who knows what happens.........I have no idea when I will have my period and no idea of IVF time frame.....so I feel really in the air....The only good thing is not having the stress of weakening up early in the morning to run to the clinic and then back to work.........!!!!

• My_time likes this

Me 40, DH 49

IVF 1 - 5 embryos - PGD - all abnormal

IVF 2- 8 embryos - PGD- 2 N, one transfer - BFN, the other gone after thawing

IVF 3- 4 embryos - none on day 5

That is the end of IVF journey

#27 hopefulbrooke

hopefulbrooke
  • 18 posts
  • My Clinic:LifeQuest

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

@ my time will come- I'm so so sorry! I know how utterly devastating a cancelled cycle is. Don't give up yet; you can't, you've come too far!! Dr. C once told me that ivf is both a cure for infertility as well as a test because a failed attempt can bring to light what the underlying issue is so they can address it for the next time. As horrible as you feel right now, just keep in mind that the docs are learning from this cycle. They're learning more about your body and about what will work best to get you to a healthy pregnancy next time.

Ask Cathy at the front desk for a refund. She should be able to take care of you. You are defintely supposed to get something for a cancelled cycle, i just don't remember the amount.

• My_time likes this

#28 My_time

My_time

The world says give up! Hope whispers one more time

• Cyclebase
  • 1817 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

Hello Sophi_H and Hopefulbrooke,

Thanks for your nice words. 

Sophi-H, we may at the end cycle around the same time. Any news on how things are going with you?

Hopefulbrooke, Wish you best of luck with your cycle! how is it going? Did you finally get that estrogen level back to normal? Still looking at March 4th retrieval? Anyway, I wish you all the best of luck and please do share your good news with us! It gives me hope!!

• sophi_H likes this

Diagnosis: Repeated Pregnancy Loss + DOR + Advance maternal Age.

So far no luck with IVF attempts. Hope things take a turn soon.

#29 hopefulbrooke

hopefulbrooke
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

Oh my goodness, we're probably sitting right beside each other! I was there Monday, today and go back tomorrow as well. They're thinking based on where I'm at right now my trigger shot will be tomorrow evening and retrieval on Saturday! PRAYING things stay that way!!  Keep you posted :)

• sophi_H likes this

#30 My_time

My_time

The world says give up! Hope whispers one more time

• Cyclebase
  • 1817 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

I always check out the girls, who are there for IVF (as our list is different)! So I have most likely seen you! This is too funny! If you see a weirdo smiling at you tomorrow it is probably me! :)

• sophi_H likes this

Diagnosis: Repeated Pregnancy Loss + DOR + Advance maternal Age.

So far no luck with IVF attempts. Hope things take a turn soon.

#31 sophi_H

sophi_H
  • Global 100+
  • 147 posts
  • My Clinic:lifequest

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

You girls are funny, I am just imagining you now like detectives..."screening"  the people on the  IVF list......!!!

Hopefulbrooke - hopefully everything goes well with this cycle.

My_time - did they give you the money.......and hopefully you see dr L soon to plan for the next cycle.

I am still on the waiting period, so haven't been to the clinic this year yet. The process of going there really stresses me out../its like a bad vibe.......I don't know what to do when the IVF will start.......!!! For now I am contemplating with all the menopausal women and their hot flushes...and wearing summer clothes....( did any body say it is a cold winter???!! )

Me 40, DH 49

IVF 1 - 5 embryos - PGD - all abnormal

IVF 2- 8 embryos - PGD- 2 N, one transfer - BFN, the other gone after thawing

IVF 3- 4 embryos - none on day 5

That is the end of IVF journey

#32 hopefulbrooke

hopefulbrooke
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

@Sophi_H- Yes making trips to the clinic can be stressful especially if you're going every other day. That said, once you get started and you're hopeful for a positive outcome, it can be exciting too! You started your 3 mths of Lupron in Jan so I'm guessing you start your cycle end of March?? It'll be here before you know it!

• sophi_H likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cadesky, Lupron, IVF, estrogen