Elevated estrogen prior to FSH drugs??? Please help! - LifeQuest - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Elevated estrogen prior to FSH drugs??? Please help!

Cadesky Lupron IVF estrogen

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 hopefulbrooke

hopefulbrooke
  • 18 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:LifeQuest

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

Hi all,

I recently started my first IVF cycle at Lifequest. I did 3 weeks on BCP and have been taking Lupron for 3 weeks. I recently went in for my Day 0 appointment to check my blood and ultrasound and they discovered that my estrogen levels were slightly elevated so I can't start on Gonal f yet. I've been told to continue the Lupron for another week in hopes that it will further suppress my levels.Therefore my egg retrieval (which I've been anxiously awaiting) has been postponed a week :(

They think my levels could be due to a small cyst that's producing estrogen.

Has this happened to anyone? If so, did a week on Lupron do the trick? Did it affect the rest of your cycle? I'm BEYOND anxious waiting to find out and praying they don't cancel my cycle!

#2 My_time

My_time

The world says give up! Hope whispers one more time

• Cyclebase
  • 1817 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

Hopefulbrook, grrr that is super frustrating!! Who are you with in LQ? I am with Dr Laskin and am still waiting for my test results (last test completed 5 weeks ago). I am not a big help as I haven't gone through the same think but I wanted to wish you the best of luck in getting your E2 level under control.  I added you as a friend as I am with LQ too and I would appreciate a lot having a friend going through IVF in the same clinic - hope you don't mind smile.png

Diagnosis: Repeated Pregnancy Loss + DOR + Advance maternal Age.

So far no luck with IVF attempts. Hope things take a turn soon.

#3 My_time

My_time

• Cyclebase
  • 1817 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

sorry for double posting. not sure how to delete double posts so I am editing it to the "apology"... :)

#4 zoe101

zoe101
  • Global 100+
  • 332 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Hopeful -Before starting injections they found I also had a cyst. I was only on the BCP at the time, so I had to continue on that for an extra week or so before starting my injections.  It didnt effect my cycle at all just delayed it and it ended up doing the trick.

My time will come - Glad to hear you completed all your tests with Dr.Laskin.  Hope the biopsy wasnt too horrible for you !!

• My_time and hopefulbrooke like this

Age 33. DH 37

IUI X 4 - BFN

IVF #1- Aug 2010 - Chemical

FET #1 - Dec 2010-BFN

FET # 2 - Jan 2011- BFN

FET #3- March 2011- BFN

FET #4 - May 2011 - BFP- Missed miscarriage 9.5 weeks

FET#5 - Sept 2011 - BFN - URGGGG will this ever work !!?

FET#6 - Dec 2011 - BFP- Miscarriage blighted ovum

FET #7 -Aug 2012- BFN

IVF# 2 - with PGD testing- Nov 2012 -  BFP!!!

ITS A BOY !!!! E.D.D Aug 15th/2013

#5 hopefulbrooke

hopefulbrooke
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

Thanks zoe101 and congrats on your BFP!! Wishing you healthy and happy pregnancy.

#6 sophi_H

sophi_H
  • Global 100+
  • 147 posts
  • My Clinic:lifequest

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Hi Hopefulbrooke,

Hopefuly the extra week of Lupron will work.

I have not started the IVF yet, my Yale bx showed moderate changes of the endometrium, not "sticky" enough, so I have 3 months Lupron,one injection per month. No idea what happens after Lupron, if I need BCP or not.

Me 40, DH 49

IVF 1 - 5 embryos - PGD - all abnormal

IVF 2- 8 embryos - PGD- 2 N, one transfer - BFN, the other gone after thawing

IVF 3- 4 embryos - none on day 5

That is the end of IVF journey

#7 elephantshoes

elephantshoes
  • Cyclebase
  • 869 posts
  • My Clinic:LifeQuest/MFC

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

Awww - I wish you girls were around when I was cycling - I always wondered where all the lifequest girls were on here considering how full the waiting room was.

hopefulbrooke - I know how frustrating it is to get delayed, but keep faith in the fact that they're getting your body into tip top baby-making shape.  I know all you want to do is get pregnant now, but the clinic is working towards giving you your best chance possible.  Here's hoping that you'll be able to start soon.

my_time_will_come - good luck to you as well.  I was with Dr. Laskin too and really liked him.  And he knocked me up! ;)  If you have any questions please feel free to reach out.

Good luck ladies :)

• My_time likes this

IVF 1 - cancelled, oversuppressed

IVF 2 - cancelled, ovulated through stims

IVF 3 - BFP, welcomed beautiful baby girl

FET 1 - 1 blast, BFN

FET 2 - 1 blast BFP, chemical

FET 3 - 2 blasts, BFN

IVF 4 - adding in PGS this time, two PERFECT blasts transferred, BFN

ERA revealed implantation window is off by 2 days

IVF 5 - cancelled, ridiculously bad growth compared to other cycles

IVF 6 - transfer cancelled, all 11 blasts came back genetically abnormal

getting second opinion/changing clinics...the story continues...

IVF 7 - 34 retrieved, 7 day 5 blasts, 6 PGS NORMAL!!!

FET 4 - 1 euploid blast (4BB), BFN

Immune testing - NK cells too high, LADs too low - 3 LITS + IVIG recommended and completed

ERA testing shows that lining is receptive for 7.5dt 

FET 5 - 1 euploid blast (3ABO), BFP

BETA #1 - 10dp5dt 252

BETA #2 - 12dp5dt 559

everything is crossed...

Welcomed another beautiful baby girl 

FET 6 - 1 euploid blast (3BAO), BFP

BETA #1 - 13dp5dt 420

Welcomed our 3rd beautiful baby girl

Our journey is complete.  What a wild ride.

#8 My_time

My_time

• Cyclebase
  • 1817 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

How are you doing hopefulbrooke? I was thinking about you as you said you get checked again this week to see if the cyst is gone. Any news? Hope all works for you!!!

#9 hopefulbrooke

hopefulbrooke
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

my_time_will_come- Thanks for thinking of me! Sorry I've been mia. I went back to the clinic and my cyst has shrunk and my estrogen levels are down. I have also since gotten my period so I'm back on the birth control pill again and waiting to start Lupron next week. Here we go all over again! Hoping this damn cyst stays away for good. I just got my dates yesterday and they're saying if all goes well for me (fingers crossed) I should be able to have my egg retrieval March 4th. What stage are you at right now?

• My_time and sophi_H like this

#10 My_time

My_time

• Cyclebase
  • 1817 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

excellent news Hopefullbrooke! That is so exciting! Wow March 4th ER!! I am at waiting stage! I will see Dr L soon too!! Exciting times ahead!!

#11 hopefulbrooke

hopefulbrooke
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

Sounds like things are progressing for you too! Keep me posted.

Just curious- do you have any experience with the female doctors at the clinic? The reason I ask is because they were trying to schedule my egg retrieval around Dr. C's vacation time by keeping me on Lupron longer and I told them  I don't want to wait, I will have another doc perform it. Kinda nervous because I have 100% faith in Dr. C and his abilities. If it wasn't for the fact that I have already been delayed by LQ's holiday closure and just had a cycle cancelled, I would just wait-- but tired of working around the clinic instead of my cycle! They said it might be a female doc there...not sure who. I' assuming any doc at Lifequest can get the job done.

#12 My_time

My_time

• Cyclebase
  • 1817 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

I know there are two female drs in their downtown Toronto clinic: Dr Gunn and Dr Sierra. I haven't done ER with either as I still haven't done IVF. Dr Gunn has excellent bedside manners. There is another female dr called Perry, who I don't know anything about. Don't be shy and ask which one is available for your ER and ask Dr C to comment if he thinks it is a good idea.

• hopefulbrooke likes this

#13 sophi_H

sophi_H
  • Global 100+
  • 147 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

my_time_will_come- Thanks for thinking of me! Sorry I've been mia. I went back to the clinic and my cyst has shrunk and my estrogen levels are down. I have also since gotten my period so I'm back on the birth control pill again and waiting to start Lupron next week. Here we go all over again! Hoping this damn cyst stays away for good. I just got my dates yesterday and they're saying if all goes well for me (fingers crossed) I should be able to have my egg retrieval March 4th. What stage are you at right now?

Hi Hopefulbrooke

sorry to hear that the first time did not work bc of the cyst, hopefully this time the cyst will not show up......

Yes is frustrating to hear that Dr C is away a lot.....I was thinking what happens to the ER when he is away, and here you are facing this problem. I dont know the 2 other female docs, but I guess they do IVFs and ERs too, so should be OK to go ahead with them. Perry does not do IVFs.

• hopefulbrooke likes this

Me 40, DH 49

#14 My_time

My_time

• Cyclebase
  • 1817 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

Hopeful brooke, what did you decide with regards to going with female RE for er? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

x

Just curious- do you have any experience with the female doctors at the clinic? The reason I ask is because they were trying to schedule my egg retrieval around Dr. C's vacation time by keeping me on Lupron longer and I told them  I don't want to wait, I will have another doc perform it. Kinda nervous because I have 100% faith in Dr. C and his abilities. If it wasn't for the fact that I have already been delayed by LQ's holiday closure and just had a cycle cancelled, I would just wait-- but tired of working around the clinic instead of my cycle! They said it might be a female doc there...not sure who. I' assuming any doc at Lifequest can get the job done.

#15 hopefulbrooke

hopefulbrooke
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

@my time will come- glad to hear you're retrieval is booked!! That's great news!! What day are you supposed to have it? I still have no idea which doc I will have. I have Day 0 blood and ultrasound tomorrow morning and if all looks good I start Gonal f on Wed. Still looking at a March 4th retrieval. Hopefully they tell me tomorrow!

#16 hopefulbrooke

hopefulbrooke
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

If you read about both Dr. Gunn and Dr. Sierra on the website they both seem very knowledgable and I'm sure very capable.

#17 My_time

My_time

• Cyclebase
  • 1817 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

Hopefullbrooke,

When you go in, you should ask to see the nurse and ask her to tell you which doctor will do your ER. She should give you all details. Wish you luck and let me know how it goes.

• sophi_H likes this

#18 hoping4abundle!

hoping4abundle!
  • Just Hatched
  • 10 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Life Quest

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:01 AM

Hello Everyone!

I have just soined this site and am a patient at lifequest as well. I am with Dr. C and it looks like I am on the same timeline as some of you! I started my meds last night so most likely Feb28-Mar 2 for ER. However I do satelite monitoring at a clinic in Ottawa, which is not my fave place in the world. I did not know tho that DR. C was taking time off!!! When is it, does anyone know?

Good luck everyone!

#19 hopefulbrooke

hopefulbrooke
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

Dr. C is off as of March 7th for about a week. Lucky for me he is here for my retrieval on March 4th but will be away for the transfer.

#20 hopefulbrooke

hopefulbrooke
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

Good luck ladies. We are all around the same time. Fingers crossed that March is our month!!!

#21 My_time

My_time

• Cyclebase
  • 1817 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

Oh hopefulbrook, you are lucky as I heard the retrieval is the technical one and transfer is easier to be done by another RE.

Welcome hoping4abundle!! Yes we are all on close timelines. How exciting!! It is nice to have people in the same situation to talk to!

#22 elephantshoes

elephantshoes
  • Cyclebase
  • 869 posts
  • My Clinic:LifeQuest/MFC

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

Hi Ladies - I wanted to throw my two cents into your conversation - its only meant to help - and I hope it doesn't cause you any stress/doubt.  I can't remember where I read it (possibly on these boards), but yes, it sounds like almost anyone can do the egg retrevial - what you really want is the 'pro' to do the transfer.  Apparently the skill of the Dr doing the transfer makes all the difference in the world.

I don't know anything about the two female Drs at the clinic - I'm sure they're great as well.  I myself was quite comforted that I had Laskin's 20+ years of egg transfer experience for myself.

• My_time and sophi_H like this

IVF 1 - cancelled, oversuppressed

IVF 2 - cancelled, ovulated through stims

IVF 3 - BFP, welcomed beautiful baby girl

FET 1 - 1 blast, BFN

FET 2 - 1 blast BFP, chemical

FET 3 - 2 blasts, BFN

IVF 4 - adding in PGS this time, two PERFECT blasts transferred, BFN

ERA revealed implantation window is off by 2 days

IVF 5 - cancelled, ridiculously bad growth compared to other cycles

IVF 6 - transfer cancelled, all 11 blasts came back genetically abnormal

getting second opinion/changing clinics...the story continues...

IVF 7 - 34 retrieved, 7 day 5 blasts, 6 PGS NORMAL!!!

FET 4 - 1 euploid blast (4BB), BFN

Immune testing - NK cells too high, LADs too low - 3 LITS + IVIG recommended and completed

ERA testing shows that lining is receptive for 7.5dt 

FET 5 - 1 euploid blast (3ABO), BFP

BETA #1 - 10dp5dt 252

BETA #2 - 12dp5dt 559

everything is crossed...

Welcomed another beautiful baby girl 

FET 6 - 1 euploid blast (3BAO), BFP

BETA #1 - 13dp5dt 420

Welcomed our 3rd beautiful baby girl

Our journey is complete.  What a wild ride.

#23 My_time

My_time

• Cyclebase
  • 1817 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

Thanks elephantshoes! Please always share your views as they are really appreciated :)) It actually does make sense!

#24 sophi_H

sophi_H
  • Global 100+
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

Good luck girls, fingers crossed for you !!!

• My_time likes this

Me 40, DH 49

#25 My_time

My_time

• Cyclebase
  • 1817 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

Hello Lifequest gals, my cycle got bumed! I really badly want a WTF appointment with RE to understand what the hell went wrong.

Hope all is going with you all.

Sophi-H: how are you doing? What is next?

Elephantshoes: Do I get some of my cycle payment back? Shall I ask? Nobody is offering any refund to me so far and I am just waiting politely as they were very upfront about payment but not so much talkative about refund?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cadesky, Lupron, IVF, estrogen