Will they transfer 2 embryos? Do I get a say?
Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:52 AM
Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:13 PM
it's your body - you always have a choice!
that being said, doctors will certainly make their recommendations, but you are a part of your medical team. if you feel strongly then have a conversation with your doctor - they may be able to share some insights that you didn't realize or you may find a middle ground you are both comfortable with. my doctor always wants to transfer 2, we always want to transfer 1, and he is supportive of that (though he asks every time if we'll do 2 this time...) that being said - if you wanted to transfer a particular number that your doctor didn't feel that was safe, I imagine they have a right to refuse to do that, in which case you might need to reconsider your wishes, or perhaps seek another clinic who would feel it is safe.
hoping you find what you're looking for
I am 38, DH - 39
Genetic - IVF&PGD to prevent Genetic Disorder
IVF #1 - Nov/08 - MC @ 6 weeks, no embryos frozen
IVF #2 - Aug/09 - bfn
IUI #1 - Feb/10 - ectopic
PRIDE - Apr/10
Homestudy - July/10
Given the gift of donor embryos - Jan/12
Donor FET Jun/12 - 9 weeks - no heartbeat... MC
Donor FET Oct/12 - we're PG
===> Beautiful baby boy born 2013
Donor FET Oct/16 - chemical
April 2017 - surprise PG
===> Beautiful baby girl born 2017
Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:29 PM
Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:36 PM
I saw two different REs in two different clinics in BC and both were adamant about transferring only one due to my age, seemed like I had no choice (and in the end, I didn't even get a choice anyway because I only had one healthy embryo). My friend was also told that she was only going to have one transferred as well but due to the poorer quality of her embryos, the docs decided at the last minute on the day of ET to transfer two. In the end, the doctors will do what's best for you.
- rokgerl likes this
Me: genetic issues
DH: genetic issues, MFI
TTC since Summer 2009
See my profile for details
Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:59 PM
Married since 2004
Two amazing furbabies
TTC since Feb 2009
Sept-Dec 2010: Clomid + 5 IUIs = BFN
March 2011- IVF/ICSI#1: antagonist - BCP, Puregon, Orgalutron, Ovidrel, Crinone = BFN
22 follicles; 14 eggs; 11 fertilized; 2 transferred; 1 snowbaby
FET #1 May 2011- 1 grade 2 blastocyst = BFN
August 2011 - IVF #2:antagonist - BCP, Puregon, Orgalutron, Ovidrel, Crinone = BFN
21 follicles; 12 eggs; 10 fertilized; 3 transferred; 5 3d embryos frozen
FET #2 Oct 2011 = BFN FET#3 July 2012 = BFP @ Genesis Fertility Clinic Beta #1= 41 (gulp); Beta #2= 47 (ugh) = Chemical pregnancy
February 2013 - IVF #3 = BFP - Estrace, Menopur, Puregon, Orgalutron, Endometrin - Retrieved 14 egg, 11 mature, 9 fertilized. Transferred 2 blastocysts. 1 blastocyst snow babyBeta#1: 45 (uh oh)Beta#2: 555 (what?! Wow!)
U/S shows not viable pregnancy. Stopped growing at 5w5days.
July 1st: Natural BFP on HPT - First Beta in the 400s; Second Beta dropped to 200s
April 2014: Single embryo transfer = BFN
Looking into adoption.