Anyone cycling at Conceptia in early 2013? - Conceptia - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone cycling at Conceptia in early 2013?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 MapleBecky

MapleBecky
  • Global 100+
  • 554 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Conceptia

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

We're doing our bloodwork (again) this cycle, hopefully mock transfer and BCP in Jan and then IVF/ICSI/TESA in Feb. I'm worried about more delays since we've waited a year, but I'm staying optimistic! Is anyone else on here starting IVF there?

Becky (35)  Unexpectedly widowed in Feb 2013.  The night after my ER.  I was married to an incredible man named Chris.

Son, age 6
TTC #2 (his first) since our wedding in July 2011.

Dec 1, 2011- Found out he has azoospermia (no sperm in SA.)  Totally heartbroken and shocked.
Jan 2012- First consult at fertility clinic.
March 2012- My tests show high LH but everything else was normal. His LH/FSH were high, testosterone was really low. (4.2)
May 17, 2012- Official Dx of testicular failure and non-obstructive azoo. Given the option of mTESE, TESA or using a donor.
June 7, 2012- Urologist is seeing us again per our request. We need him to answer some questions about the procedures and testosterone.  He would not consider Clomid or any hormones for DH.
June 27, 2012- Saw RE and decided to proceed with dIUI. Told we needed one cycle on the BCP because of my high LH.
June 28, 2012- Started BCP for 21 days. Did pre-IUI micro and blood testing on July 3rd. Told they should be in on time for IUI in early August.
July 21, 2012- CD1. Called clinic and found out my cycle was canceled. They messed up and my file wasn't ready. They forgot to draw vit D and some other results are missing.
August 9, 2012- Nurse left message saying they cannot do this cycle either. Now it will take 2-3 MONTHS for DH's blood tests before we can use donor sperm.
August 10, 2012- RE called. DH has a reactive Hepatitis C blood test and they are trying to figure out if he's got an active infection or was exposed in the past.
August 23, 2012- He's Hep C NEGATIVE! Phew!
October 2012- Latest SA results still shows azoo, but we're glad the testosterone looks normal now. dIUI after 21 days on the pill. Clomid for cd3-7, LH is too high (17 and 14.6) and progestone getting too high. Had 3, 13.5mm folliciles and my lining is 8.6. CD13- Lining was good, triple layer at about 9. Now I just have one 17.5mm follicle on my left side.
October 17, 2012- dIUI  canceled. Clomid didn't work, estrogen too low, LH was normal again and progesterone was off too. Now we need an appointment to talk to our RE again to start over.
Dec 2012- Saw RE and we have to do IVF/ICSI, even with a donor. So, we decided to throw in a TESA with donor backup. Bloodwork this cycle, BCP and mock in Jan and hopefully a Feb IVF/ICSI/TESA!

IVF #1
Mock done, teaching visit done.  Started Suprefact on Jan 30.  AF arrived on schedule.
Baseline done, starting Gonal-F and Luveris Feb 11.
Stim day 4-  1 follicle at 11mm, 40 more under 10.  My lining is already a triple lining and at 8.6
Stim day 6-  8-9 follices between 11-13mm at least 20 more under 10mm.  This doctor saw my lining at 6.3?   Encouraged to walk because my circulation to my uterus wasn't what they wanted to be this time.  No idea what that means.
Stim day 8-   14 follicles.  All measuring between 11 and 15 with more under 10.   Lining is over 10.  Circulation is good again.   They are letting me skip my day 9 appointment. 
Stim day 10-  TRIGGER tonight!   I have 14 between 15-21mm, a few more at 14 that may catch up.  Lining is over 10.   DH's TESA is tomorrow.
Feb 21-  No sperm found with TESA.   ER tomorrow with donor sperm.
Feb 22-  ER was successful!  Collected 18 eggs.   7 from my right and 8 on my left.  We can skip ICSI because the donor's sperm is great.  Crossing fingers for a good fert report tomorrow.
June 2013- Updating. My husband, Chris, passed away unexpectedly of Sudden Arrhythmia Death Syndrome just hours after my ER on Feb 23.  Had 14 fertilize.  9, 5-day frozen blasts are at the clinic waiting for me to make some decisions. 

FET #1

June 2014-  5-day blast.   BFN just in time for what would have been our 3rd anniversary.  

FET#2

August 2014.  FET #2 on Aug 25 with another 5-day blast.  BFP!   Had scare with a bleed at 4w5d, but beta is still doubling.  Due May 13, 2015.  Ultrasound on Oct 5.

Oct 5-  8w4d-  Blighted Ovum.  Stopping estrogen and progesterone.  Waiting to miscarry.  Looking forward to moving on with life.

Oct 17- D&C.   Feeling peace about being at the end of the infertility battle.  Looking forward to the next chapter in my life.

#2 ErinM

ErinM
  • Global 100+
  • 801 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

HI Maple Becky - I am currently on day 6 of Birth Control pills... and have my 3rd Fresh IVF scheduled for January. Retrieval approx on the 18th.

I know you have had a long wait with the Clinic and some ups and downs along the way, but from my experience, they will not do a cycle if they are not comfortable with the results they get from the tests. I've yet to have a bad experience there... Frustrated sometimes - definately! But a bad experience.. never. Even though I've yet to have a baby in my arms, they gave me lots of attempts at hope, and 18 wonderful weeks with twin girls.

I hope everything goes well for you in the new year... let me know if you need anything or want to chat.
  • tredella likes this

IVF # 1
Nov 14/10 - Transferred 1 Blastocyte (3AA) and froze 6 others
Nov 26/10 - BFP! Beta was 767
Dec 1/10 - 2nd Beta was 3187
Dec 12/10 - Miscarried. Beta is 2400

On to FET #1 - Feb/11
March 16/11 - Fet #1 - Transferred 2 beautiful blasts w/ Assisted Hatching
March 28 - BFP! Beta is 659
April 1 - 2nd Beta 2769
April 4 - Miscarried. Ultrasound confirmed no sac

May/11-July/11 - Had Autoimmune bloodwork done, as well as karyotyping to see if there are any abnormalities.

On to FET #2
July 16/11 - Start bcp again
Aug 3/11 - Cancelled Cycle due to Vit D Deficiency. Now on supplements.

Re-try FET #2 -
Sept 21/11 - FET #2 - Transferred 2 beautiful blasts w/ Assisted Hatching
Oct 1/11 - BFP on a HPT
Oct 3/11 - Beta was 4 = BFN

E-tegrity Biopsy done- results came back normal

IVF #2 -
Jan 30/12 - Transferred 2 - 3 day embryos. Froze 3 Blasts
Feb 13/12 - BFP! Beta is 821
Feb 21/12 - 2nd Beta = 16,131
May 1/12 - 15w Scan = 2 Babies Look fantastic
May 21/12- Delivered 2 beautiful little girls @ 18 weeks. Taken from this world much too soon.

FET #3 - Here we go again...
Aug 29/12 - transferred 2 blasts - 3AA / 3BA
Sept 10/12 - BFP Beta = 264
Sept 14/12 - Beta = 106 Chemical

Papework is started for International Adoption from Russia!

IVF #3
Jan 20/13 - Retrieved 7 eggs... of which 5 are Mature
Jan 23/13 - Transferred 2 beautiful 3 day embryos
Feb 6/13 - Beta = 1324
Feb 12/13 - Beta = 13,475
Mar 3/13 - 8 week Ultrasound - Twins!
Apr 22/13 - Cerclage was placed, on Bedrest.  Twins still doing ok at 14w1d

May 23/13 - 24 Weeks and counting!  Still on Bedrest till delivery

July 21/13 - 28 Weeks .. still on bedrest

Aug 17/13 - 31w6d... Ali and Lea were born weighing 3.4 and 4.1 respectively. Girls are healthy and growing and waiting to come home from NICU!

#3 sarbear8180

sarbear8180
  • Cyclebase
  • 114 posts
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

Hi Guys,

I'll be doing my FET in February. So hopefully start the BCP the middle of January.

Like I've said before the clinic is awesome. This whole process can be frustrating but I am so happy with the nursing staff and the doctors.

Me 34 DH 33TTC 7 years

FX Bilateral tube obstruction

March 2012 surgery to try to repair tubes

August 2012 advised by RE that IVF is our best option

Nov 2012 #1 IVF attemptNov 24, 2012 ER 14 retrieved, 11 mature and 9 fertilized.

Nov 27, 2012 Transfer two 3 day grade 4, 8 cell embryoNov 30 1 4bb, 1 2bb blasts successfully frozen

Dec 8, 9, 10 HPT BFN Dec 11, 2102 Beta confirmed BFN

FET April 2013 BFN

IVF#2 June 2013 BFP, ended in suspected ectopic

September 2013 Natural BFP, ended as chemical pregnancy

December 2014 Natural BFP, ended as a ectopic lost right tube.

​We have moved on to adoption as I am done putting my body through all this.  

Match for foster to adopt, beautiful baby girl came home on April 17, 2015 currently waiting on adoption.

#4 MapleBecky

MapleBecky
  • Global 100+
  • 554 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

I love hearing positive stories. It seems different now that we are doing IVF. It seemed like they didn't know what they were doing when we were looking at using donor sperm for IUIs and dealing with DH's azoospermia.

Becky (35)  Unexpectedly widowed in Feb 2013.  The night after my ER.  I was married to an incredible man named Chris.

Son, age 6

Dec 1, 2011- Found out he has azoospermia (no sperm in SA.)  Totally heartbroken and shocked.
March 2012- My tests show high LH but everything else was normal. His LH/FSH were high, testosterone was really low. (4.2)
May 17, 2012- Official Dx of testicular failure and non-obstructive azoo. Given the option of mTESE, TESA or using a donor.
June 7, 2012- Urologist is seeing us again per our request. We need him to answer some questions about the procedures and testosterone.  He would not consider Clomid or any hormones for DH.
June 27, 2012- Saw RE and decided to proceed with dIUI. Told we needed one cycle on the BCP because of my high LH.
June 28, 2012- Started BCP for 21 days. Did pre-IUI micro and blood testing on July 3rd. Told they should be in on time for IUI in early August.
July 21, 2012- CD1. Called clinic and found out my cycle was canceled. They messed up and my file wasn't ready. They forgot to draw vit D and some other results are missing.
August 9, 2012- Nurse left message saying they cannot do this cycle either. Now it will take 2-3 MONTHS for DH's blood tests before we can use donor sperm.
August 10, 2012- RE called. DH has a reactive Hepatitis C blood test and they are trying to figure out if he's got an active infection or was exposed in the past.
October 2012- Latest SA results still shows azoo, but we're glad the testosterone looks normal now. dIUI after 21 days on the pill. Clomid for cd3-7, LH is too high (17 and 14.6) and progestone getting too high. Had 3, 13.5mm folliciles and my lining is 8.6. CD13- Lining was good, triple layer at about 9. Now I just have one 17.5mm follicle on my left side.
October 17, 2012- dIUI  canceled. Clomid didn't work, estrogen too low, LH was normal again and progesterone was off too. Now we need an appointment to talk to our RE again to start over.
Dec 2012- Saw RE and we have to do IVF/ICSI, even with a donor. So, we decided to throw in a TESA with donor backup. Bloodwork this cycle, BCP and mock in Jan and hopefully a Feb IVF/ICSI/TESA!

IVF #1
Mock done, teaching visit done.  Started Suprefact on Jan 30.  AF arrived on schedule.
Stim day 4-  1 follicle at 11mm, 40 more under 10.  My lining is already a triple lining and at 8.6
Stim day 6-  8-9 follices between 11-13mm at least 20 more under 10mm.  This doctor saw my lining at 6.3?   Encouraged to walk because my circulation to my uterus wasn't what they wanted to be this time.  No idea what that means.
Stim day 8-   14 follicles.  All measuring between 11 and 15 with more under 10.   Lining is over 10.  Circulation is good again.   They are letting me skip my day 9 appointment. 
Stim day 10-  TRIGGER tonight!   I have 14 between 15-21mm, a few more at 14 that may catch up.  Lining is over 10.   DH's TESA is tomorrow.
Feb 22-  ER was successful!  Collected 18 eggs.   7 from my right and 8 on my left.  We can skip ICSI because the donor's sperm is great.  Crossing fingers for a good fert report tomorrow.
June 2013- Updating. My husband, Chris, passed away unexpectedly of Sudden Arrhythmia Death Syndrome just hours after my ER on Feb 23.  Had 14 fertilize.  9, 5-day frozen blasts are at the clinic waiting for me to make some decisions. 

FET #1

June 2014-  5-day blast.   BFN just in time for what would have been our 3rd anniversary.  

FET#2

August 2014.  FET #2 on Aug 25 with another 5-day blast.  BFP!   Had scare with a bleed at 4w5d, but beta is still doubling.  Due May 13, 2015.  Ultrasound on Oct 5.

Oct 5-  8w4d-  Blighted Ovum.  Stopping estrogen and progesterone.  Waiting to miscarry.  Looking forward to moving on with life.

Oct 17- D&C.   Feeling peace about being at the end of the infertility battle.  Looking forward to the next chapter in my life.

#5 Darmela

Darmela
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

Hi MapleBecky,

I am fresh off a BFN and gearing up for IVF #2 at Conceptia....this time with scheduled ICSI since we had problems with fertilization on IVF#1. Will likely start BCP first week in Feb. I can't say enough about the staff there. The nurses are amazing, and regardless of the outcome I will walk away with nothing but fond memories of the clinic and the people who run it.

Sarbear, nice to catch up with you again and hopefully 2013 will be our year :) Good luck on your FET!
Me: 41 DH: 41
13 years together, 8 years married.
TTC: 8 years3 fur babies: 1 cat and 2 Newfoundland dogs
2009: started process (blood tests, sperm analysis);
Jan 2010: (stroke due to undetected AVM), postponed IVF for 2 years
Sept 2012: Healthy and ready to restart process. IVF # 1Oct/Nov: BCPNov 19: Start SuprefactNov 30: BaselineDec 1: Start stimming (Bravelle & Menopur)Dec 14: ER (16 retrieved, none fertilized. Rescue ICSI recovered 7).Dec 17 ET (Tranferred one 9-cell grade 1 and one 7-cell grade 2)Beta: Dec 31st - BFN

IVF#2 - Scheduled for March/April 2013 via ICSICycle cancelled after egg retrieval; no fertilization :(

End of IVF journey; took a much needed break in Portugal to celebrate turning 40. 

2015: New journey towards International Adoption
Feb: Started process - Completed Intial paperwork, info sessions, more paperwork, chose agency (US- Florida).
June: Home Study

#6 MapleBecky

MapleBecky
  • Global 100+
  • 554 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

Good luck on your next IVF. I hope the ICSI does the trick!

I was scheduled to do my mock on Monday but AF found me (Why is my cycle suddenly 29 days?) so I am guessing they may reschedule me. I'm hoping they will still let me start the BCP like planned!

Son, age 6

IVF #1

FET #1

FET#2

#7 ErinM

ErinM
  • Global 100+
  • 801 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

Hi MapleBecky - Just checking in to see how you made out with your mock???

IVF # 1

On to FET #1 - Feb/11
April 1 - 2nd Beta 2769

May/11-July/11 - Had Autoimmune bloodwork done, as well as karyotyping to see if there are any abnormalities.

On to FET #2

Re-try FET #2 -
Oct 1/11 - BFP on a HPT

IVF #2 -
May 21/12- Delivered 2 beautiful little girls @ 18 weeks. Taken from this world much too soon.

IVF #3
Feb 6/13 - Beta = 1324

Aug 17/13 - 31w6d... Ali and Lea were born weighing 3.4 and 4.1 respectively. Girls are healthy and growing and waiting to come home from NICU!

#8 MapleBecky

MapleBecky
  • Global 100+
  • 554 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

It went really well! I had a really full bladder and that was the only uncomfortable part. It was a bit embarrassing having my period during it, but they didn't care at all. I just wait for Lise to call me tomorrow to say when I need to start the pill. We have to coordinate my IVF with DH's TESA, so hopefully we'll get a tentative date soon. I can't believe this is really happening!

Do you know if there are more fees on top of the IVF/ICSI that they don't really mention? I'm trying to figure out the total in my head and worrying there is more I haven't thought of.

I have a lot of follicles. Something like 35 and 15 so Dr. Robichaud said they are going to have to be really careful while doing the stimulation.

Son, age 6

IVF #1

FET #1

FET#2

#9 MapleBecky

MapleBecky
  • Global 100+
  • 554 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

Erin, how are you doing with your cycle?

Son, age 6

IVF #1

FET #1

FET#2

#10 ErinM

ErinM
  • Global 100+
  • 801 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

That's great news Becky!

As for fees - My fees are $1500 for ICSI/ $1500 for TESA and $5400 for the IVF - so a total of $8400 plus my meds... sounds like it should be the same for you. Afterwards, they will charge for the freezing of the remaining embryos if you choose to do that.

The Dr's see everything, and it doesn't bother them at all to do an ultrasound while on AF... We learn to get used to it I guess!

I'm doing good... I'm on day 2 of my Stims. My first IVF, I was on Puregon, and they retrieved 17 eggs, the 2nd IVF, I was on Menopur and they retrieved 13 eggs, but they were of better quality, and this time I am on Menopur again.

Dh's TESA is scheduled for the 17th, and my ER is the 18th. Is your DH worried about the TESA? This will be the 3rd time for my DH, but he says its the least he can do after watching me go through what we have over the past 3 years. He says its uncomfortable, but he has always come back to work afterwards... They are not allowed to drive for 24 hours because of the Fentanyl that they are given, even though he may feel okay to drive, it is still in their system in case their blood is ever tested in the case of an accident.

IVF # 1

On to FET #1 - Feb/11
April 1 - 2nd Beta 2769

On to FET #2

Re-try FET #2 -
Oct 1/11 - BFP on a HPT

IVF #2 -

IVF #3
Feb 6/13 - Beta = 1324

#11 MapleBecky

MapleBecky
  • Global 100+
  • 554 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

We got our calendar and now I am terrified. DH gets his TESA on Feb 21 and my ER is the next day. Will we know right away if they find sperm or will we find out the day before the ER? What kind of recovery does the TESA take? We were told all that info back in May or June but since we ruled that out, we really thought it would be a route we would never take.

I start my baby Asprin and Marvelon for 21 days tomorrow. Teaching appointment on the 29th. Do you have any have any advice for me?

Keep me updated with how things go. You have been through so much and I really hope this all works out without a hitch for you. Do you take time off work during this stage?

Son, age 6

IVF #1

FET #1

FET#2

#12 ErinM

ErinM
  • Global 100+
  • 801 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

Hey Becky -

Isn't it exciting to get your calendar!! I know it seems overwhelming at first, but it puts things into reality that this is actually gonna happen for you!

I have all kinds of advice for you, but I will only give you what you ask as I am hardly an expert, just a girl who has been through a lot over the past couple of years and have learned a lot.

My first piece of advice is to not get overwhelmed by the calendar. Take it one day at a time... The nurses are awesome at walking you through it and keeping on top of what you have to do next. If you try to memorize it and understand it all, you are just going to stress yourself out, which you don't need.

Secondly, yes, you will find out the day of the TESA if there is sperm. The embryologist checks it as soon as they get a sample to make sure that they have some, and that they have enough. The first time, my dh had no problem, they got it in the first sample, but last year, the second time they had to go in twice which was a bit uncomfortable for him. Recovery time, I would say is individual... Depending on how your dh takes pain. My dh has gone right back to work once we got back to saint John both times....he's a little uncomfortable, but not bruised or swollen or anything. They advise against heavy lifting ( I think) and against driving for the day. Like I said in the above post, although your dh may feel okay to drive, if he was ever in an accident and they tested his blood, it may still show traces of the fentanyl in his system.

I only take the day of the retrieval off, it works out good again this time that it falls on a Friday, so I will be off for the weekend. I will pm you my blog if you wish so that you can follow along with the process and it will give you a step by step walk through of our IVF cycle.

This is an exciting time... Things are finally happening for you and your dh... Keep your chin up, your spirits high, and feel free to vent here anytime!

IVF # 1

On to FET #1 - Feb/11
April 1 - 2nd Beta 2769

On to FET #2

Re-try FET #2 -
Oct 1/11 - BFP on a HPT

IVF #2 -

IVF #3
Feb 6/13 - Beta = 1324

#13 MapleBecky

MapleBecky
  • Global 100+
  • 554 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Thank you! Great advice, I really appreciate it. Since DH has probable testicular failure, I have to be as mentally prepared as possible that we only have a 20% chance of finding sperm. I really hope he recovers easily, especially if there is no sperm. It would be insult to injury.

I would love to read your blog. Thanks for offering to share it!

Son, age 6

IVF #1

FET #1

FET#2

#14 MapleBecky

MapleBecky
  • Global 100+
  • 554 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

Thinking of you today, Erin.    Lots of baby dust your way!

I've been sick with strep throat and now a terrible head cold.  I've already missed a day and a half of work this week.   I'm trying to be cautious because I want to see take time off during the IVF.   Since we have to drive from Moncton and I have to book a supply teacher for at least a half day for those appointments, I'm trying do decide how many half days I should do or if I should just take the solid week for "day surgery" so that my students and coworkers don't ask questions? 

How do most of you feel those last few days before ER?   My ER is technically booked for a Friday, DH's TESA on Thursday and I'm just questioning Mon-Wed really. 

For the teaching appointment, what do they go over exactly?  Is it overwhelming?

Son, age 6

IVF #1

FET #1

FET#2

#15 MapleBecky

MapleBecky
  • Global 100+
  • 554 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

My teaching appointment is on Tuesday.   I'm suddenly terrified and wonder if I can do this.   I think the ER is what is scaring me the most.

Son, age 6

IVF #1

FET #1

FET#2

#16 sarbear8180

sarbear8180
  • Cyclebase
  • 114 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

I was really scared too. The ER was not nearly as bad as I built it up to be. The worst thing for me is the iv. It goes really fast and I got distracted by them counting the eggs they were getting. Reallt doesn't hurt as much as some people say.

When do you start your stimming?

I'm a week into my bcp and will hopefully be transferring my frozen embryos the first week of march.

Me 34 DH 33TTC 7 years

Nov 2012 #1 IVF attemptNov 24, 2012 ER 14 retrieved, 11 mature and 9 fertilized.

Nov 27, 2012 Transfer two 3 day grade 4, 8 cell embryoNov 30 1 4bb, 1 2bb blasts successfully frozen

FET April 2013 BFN

Match for foster to adopt, beautiful baby girl came home on April 17, 2015 currently waiting on adoption.

#17 MapleBecky

MapleBecky
  • Global 100+
  • 554 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

I start stimming on Feb 11.   I start suprefact on Wednesday.

Good luck with your FET!

Son, age 6

IVF #1

FET #1

FET#2

#18 Serena1555

Serena1555

Serena1555

• 60 posts
  • My Clinic:Conceptia Clinic

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

Thinking of you MapleBecky!!! So glad your experiences are getting better an better with the clinic!

TTC since 2007

Feb 2008 ectopic pregnancy 11.5 weeks along. Surgically removed sad.png
May 2008 ectopic pregnancy approx 5-6 weeks. Claimed it was flushed by own system?? sad.png
Jan 2011 ectopic pregnancy approx 5-6 weeks. Again told my own body was able to release it?? sad.png
July 2011 ectopic pregnancy approx 7.5 weeks. Treated with methotrextate 2x one week apart.
Obgyn referred me out to Conceptia clinic for infertility treatment due to repeat ectopics resulting from PCOS damage.

July/August 2012 IVF # 1
Six follicles and four eggs retrieved and mature, all fertilized with ICSI.
Transferred two poor quality four cell embryos
BFN sad.png

Dec/Jan IVF #2
ER Jan 30th- Twenty eggs retrieved, 19 mature, all fertilized with ICSI.
ET Feb 2nd - Transferred 2 8 cell embryos of high quality.
PLEASE BABIES STICK... Mama wants to bring you home <3

Feb 16th/2013 - Official BFN :'(

Planning to do a third cycle in late 2013 or early 2014. Please God lend me the strength to keep going <3

#19 MapleBecky

MapleBecky
  • Global 100+
  • 554 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

How are you doing Serena?

Today was my CD4 check.  One follicle was at 11.  I have about 40 under 10.  Triple lining at 8.6 and Dr. R seemed surprised to see that.   Estrogen levels were "beautiful" and I am to continue with gonal-f 75 until Saturday.  I worry a bit about all those follicles growing.

I feel so stupid. I picked up more of the luveris today and realized I got all of the boxes, which was 3 more than I needed.  What a waste of money.  :(

Son, age 6

IVF #1

FET #1

FET#2

#20 sarbear8180

sarbear8180
  • Cyclebase
  • 114 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

Wow those are great numbers!!! I wouldn't worry about your follicles lots of time for them to grow. Sending you best wishes for lots of follies and mature eggs.

Afm I should be starting my medication for my Fet in early March. I'm so excited and nervous. We are going to transfer two 6 day embies. One is really good quality and one not so good. I'm hoping with the 6day embryos this will work.

Me 34 DH 33TTC 7 years

FET April 2013 BFN

#21 MapleBecky

MapleBecky
  • Global 100+
  • 554 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

Lise told me before the scan that there wouldn't be a lot to see at this scan.  I'm so glad she told me that when I was getting my blood drawn and not during the scan.  

Good luck with your FET.  What kind of meds do you have to go on for that?  

Son, age 6

IVF #1

FET #1

FET#2

#22 sarbear8180

sarbear8180
  • Cyclebase
  • 114 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

I started with bcp and now I'm on suprefact. I should start estrogel on sat and then progesterone suppositories. Pretty easy compared to my ivf cycle and waaaay cheaper.

Me 34 DH 33TTC 7 years

FET April 2013 BFN

#23 MapleBecky

MapleBecky
  • Global 100+
  • 554 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

That's so great there isn't nearly as much to the FET.

I had my day 8 appointment today and am able to skip tomorrow.   I don't really understand any of it and was feeling anxious.  They said something about the blood flow to my uterus and told me to start walking for 20-30 minutes a day.   It was always okay before that so I have no idea what happened.

It looks like I have only about 8-9 follicles ranging between 11-13mm.  I was worried and she said it's still too early to really think about the numbers yet.    This doctor saw my lining as a triple stripe but said something about it only being 6.3 and how it's starting to come along.   I have no idea how it went from an 8.6 to a 6.3?   Ahhhh!!

Anyone know anything about this?   I just got my second gonal-f pen today. 

Son, age 6

IVF #1

FET #1

FET#2

#24 sarbear8180

sarbear8180
  • Cyclebase
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

I was there this morning too lol. I had that issue my first appointment with the bloodflow I did some accupuncture and walked and it made a big difference. I didnt really pay attention to my lining in my monitoring appts as I was so focused on my follicles. Ot could kust be a change in your hormones I wouldn't worry if they aren't worried. Good luck at your next appointment!!! Hoping for lots of mature eggs

Me 34 DH 33TTC 7 years

FET April 2013 BFN

#25 MapleBecky

MapleBecky
  • Global 100+
  • 554 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

How funny you were there too.  We were the first ones in, that never happens since we seem to always be running late in anything we do.

I'll try the walking and if it doesn't work, I'll see if I can get in for acupuncture on Tuesday.   I forgot about that being an option.   I'm glad to hear that walking really helped too.

Son, age 6

IVF #1

FET #1

FET#2