6 replies to this topic

#1 loobia

loobia
  • 68 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:tcart first, Hannam Now

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

Hi everyone,

I am starting my second IVF cycle after our first one with on explanation provided. All our tests showed normal with the exception of my AMH being 10. My doctor decided to start me off with Estrace (estrogen) and Androgel (testosterone) for a cycle and then start the antagonist cycle in October. I can not find much info available on line for this priming cycle and my questions are:
  • How are they supposed to help
  • What side effects should I expect for the testosterone?
  • Has anyone done this and does it really make a difference?
  • How long did you take them for? A whole cycle?

Any info on this E/T priming would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Me: 35 DH: 32 tcc since jan 2011
April 2012 - IUI 1 : failed
May 2012 - IUI 2: failed
June 2012 - IUI 3: 4 follies and failed
July 2012 - First IVF: puregon 200/ cetrotide/ trigger . 7 follies - 5 fertilized - 2 grade a embryos transferred on day 3
No blasts. Negative:(
Switched clinics
August: sono all normal
August: amh in low category
September 2012: second ivf:
Sep 22nd: estrace/androgel start estrogen/testosterone priming antagonist protocol
October 11th: added petrometium to the mix
October 17th: saizen shot
October 26th: baseline u/s and blood works
October 27th: Start of Gonal F/Luveris/Saizen/LThyroxine
Nov 7th: Estimated ER
4 fertilized
Nov 11th: transferred 2 blasts. Nothing to freeze

#2 Muminwaiting

Muminwaiting
  • Global 100+
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Completing my family
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:CReATe

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

I am very interested to know these answers as well. Thanks for posting these questions!

Me 40 DH 37 July 2012 HSG test showed blocked tubesSept 16/13 Consult at CReATe with Dr. Librach who will make me a Mummy in 2014Sept 16/13 Bloodwork and AMH test (A little low)Oct 15/13: Hysterscopy 2 polyps removed and 2 coils insertedIVF #1Nov 4th: CD2 start BCPNov 11th: Start Lupron injectionsNov 27: Start Gonal F and RepronexDec 12: ER Estrace and Progesterone suppositoriesDec 15: ET 3 survived the process (including ICSI) Transferred 2. 1 frozenPregnancy test December 29th: BFNFET #1Start Estrace againJan 8/14: IV IntralipidsFET: Jan 16Beta test results Feb 1st: BFFN February 2014 fibroid removed

#3 Graceland

Graceland
  • Global 100+
  • 599 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Hannam (now)

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:34 AM

Hi loobia,

I'm glad I saw your post. I'm on the exact same protocol, with the exact same clinic. I've had two failed IVF cycles before. I'm thinking of scheduling a meeting with Dr. Hannam to ask him his reasoning for this protocol. You're right that there's not a lot of information out there on it. My situation seems to be different than yours in that I'm a high responder (FSH 6.4, AMH 31.7). I'm fairly certain that the protocol is geared towards increasing egg quality (there is some scientific literature out there if you look). But it seems to be for low responders, so I'm not sure why I'm on it. Anyway, I'm thinking of asking Melanie if she can set-up a phone consult with Dr. Hannam for us so we can chat about it (we're located in Ottawa so I can't meet with him in person). I'll keep you posted if I learn anything!

Have you started the estrace and androgel yet? I started yesterday. Posted Image

P.S. I'm 32, in case that matters!

Twin girls born December 2017 after 7 years of TTC

See 'About Me' for full details

#4 loobia

loobia
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:59 AM

Morning Graceland. All the way from Ottawa eih? :)

Ya I started last Saturday both. I have no side effects as of yet other than the nasty blue discharge from Estrace.

I am seeing the doctor today at noon to go over my plan. I will get more info today and msg you. I understand that this protocol was for poor responders so I am not sure why you are on it. My diagnosis was Unexpained BTW so I am willing to try anything at this point.

Thank you
July 2012 - First IVF: puregon 200/ cetrotide/ trigger . 7 follies - 5 fertilized - 2 grade a embryos transferred on day 3
Switched clinics
Sep 22nd: estrace/androgel start estrogen/testosterone priming antagonist protocol
4 fertilized

#5 Graceland

Graceland
  • Global 100+
  • 599 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Hannam (now)

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

It sounds like we're in the same IVF group! I heard that Hannam's clinic currently has ~18 women in the same group, all with estimated ER dates of November 7th (+/- a day or two). There's another poster on these boards that I've 'met' who's in the same group too (angelpoo11). I'd love to hear how your meeting went with Dr. H. Please feel free to PM me the details if you're interested (but no pressure). We have a phone meeting scheduled for October 15 to discuss my protocol.

I'm sending you tons of good luck. I really hope this is the one for you. Did you do your first IVF with Hannam?

Twin girls born December 2017 after 7 years of TTC

See 'About Me' for full details

#6 loobia

loobia
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

Thats so funny. Yes my estimates ER is Nov 7th. How did they plan all our cycles to coincide? Its probably the duration of Estrace/Androgel that aligns women. Intereting. So my meeting was him was good. We talked about the details of the protocol. I love how organized the clinic is. I have a schedule for my meds over the next month. I will be on estrace/Androgel till Oct 20th. I start my trigger cycle on the 27th of October. I have low AMH and I am hoping this priming makes a different on the amount/quality of eggs. I am glad i found someone in the same group. I need a buddy to go through this journey. How long are you going to be on estarace/Androgel for? let me know if you get any sideeffects. I dont see any other than the usual acne.

Thank you and have a wonderful day :)
Switched clinics
4 fertilized

#7 loobia

loobia
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

I found the thread for Oct/Nov posting. I am going to post there now :) hope to hear from you Graceland.
Switched clinics
4 fertilized

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: androgen, testosterone, estrogen, AMH