Favourite Quotes

quotes humour inspiration faith

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#51 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13143 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

Holding on to anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.

-- Buddha
  • sharlene, Nantol, Butterfli and 3 others like this

#52 mouse

mouse

Honorary PhD

• Super Moderator
  • 7477 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:BKK/KWI/JHFC

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.

Arthur Ashe

• gibasgirl, sharlene, Yearning and 1 other like this
The plural of anecdote is not data.

Charity gives a meal; justice provides a place at the table.

#53 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13143 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

Rudeness is the weak person's imitation of strength.
  • Lisa1981 and helwa like this

#54 Sienna

Sienna
  • Cyclebase
  • 414 posts
  • My Clinic:Genesis

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

“Experience life in all possible ways -- good-bad, bitter-sweet, dark-light, summer-winter. Experience all the dualities. Don't be afraid of experience, because the more experience you have, the more mature you become.” ― Osho
  • gibasgirl likes this
TTC since July 2011
IVF #1 Jan/13
Jan 08/13 - Started BCP
Jan 28/13 - Last BCP
Jan 31/13 - First day of stims (150 Menopur 150 Bravelle)
Feb 11/13 - HCG triggerFeb 13/13 - ER
Feb 18/13 - ET - transferred 1 blast, 3 snow babies
Mar 01/13 - BETA #1 - 684 - WOOT WOOT!!!
Mar 08/13 - BETA #2 - 13539 - WOW!!!
Nov 2013 - WE HAVE A BOY!!! So Grateful!!!

#55 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13143 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

Ok, just saw this on FB and it made me think of Khalil Gibran:

Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see. -- Neil Postman
  • lexi, bumpahead, StrawberryJam and 3 others like this

#56 StrawberryJam

StrawberryJam
  • Global 100+
  • 234 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

The ups and downs and ins and outs of life have brought you to this day. 

And on this day, you can make something beautiful of it all. 

-unknown

:)

• gibasgirl likes this

Me: 28, PCO 
DH: 28, Male Factor

2 years into our journey!
November 2012 - Natural Cycle cancelled - no mature follicles
IUI #1 - Jan-Feb 2013 - GonalF 75Iu days 2 - 13; natural LH surge; IUI w/ 3 follies day 15. BFN 
IUI #2 - Feb-Mar 2013 - GonalF 100iu days 2 - 11; Ovidrel day 12; IUI w/ 2 big follies day 14. BFP!! 
Beta #1 (12dpiui): 62
Beta #2 (14dpiui): 126
April 4 Viability Ultrasound - measuring right on track at 6 weeks 6 days; HEARTBEAT!!! 124 bpm
April 18 - 8 weeks 5 days ultrasound - measuring right on track; Heartbeat 170 bpm
May 14 - 12 weeks 4 days ultrasound - healthy and active little bean!

June 5 - Final RE appointment, moving on to OB closer to home. 

July 2 - 19 weeks, 5 days (20 week ultrasound) we are having a BOY! 

Due Date: November 22, 2013

#57 Sienna

Sienna
  • Cyclebase
  • 414 posts
  • My Clinic:Genesis

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:56 PM

When you say something happens for a reason, don't be surprised when I slap you in the face. It happened for a reason. - unknown
  • gibasgirl, amandaTTC#2, Nantol and 2 others like this
TTC since July 2011
IVF #1 Jan/13
Jan 08/13 - Started BCP
Jan 28/13 - Last BCP
Jan 31/13 - First day of stims (150 Menopur 150 Bravelle)
Feb 11/13 - HCG triggerFeb 13/13 - ER
Feb 18/13 - ET - transferred 1 blast, 3 snow babies
Mar 01/13 - BETA #1 - 684 - WOOT WOOT!!!
Mar 08/13 - BETA #2 - 13539 - WOW!!!
Nov 2013 - WE HAVE A BOY!!! So Grateful!!!

#58 bumpahead

bumpahead
  • Global 100+
  • 368 posts
  • Interests:food, sailing, travel, adventure, food, foreign languages, scuba diving, skiing, food, foreign food, things that are French, especially French food. And dogs.
  • My Clinic:Victoria Fertiity Clinic

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:13 AM

Everything will be ok in the end, and if it's not ok it's not the end.
  • gibasgirl, lexi, Nantol and 2 others like this

me: 43, DH: 41

together since 2003, TTC since 2009
July 2010 natural pregnancy--m/c at 7w :'(
Nov 2010 natural pregnancy --m/c at 12w, 12 days before our wedding :'(
April 2011: intake, Victoria Fertility Centre. All tests normal. wtf?

May 2011: Work hiatus to take every supplement, acu, yoga, meditation, maya massage, diet overhaul--- lets DO THIS!
Sept 2011 IUI #1, BFN
Oct 2011 IUI #2, BFN
Dec 2011 IUI #3, BFN
April 2012 IVF#1 --- 2 embryos transferred. BFN
Dr. H recommends no further IVF unless with donor eggs. worst day of my life.
May 2012: go back to work in northern waters. Contemplate a child-free future.

Aug 2012 Amazing! Sister-in-law offers to be our egg donor!
DE cycle #1 Jan 2013---2 embryos transferred. BFP!!! Chemical preg. BFN ... so very sad.
Is this the end?

Feb 2013 It's a miracle! Wonderful experienced egg donor wants to help!
DE cycle #2 May/June 2013
May 31: 54 eggs retrieved! What the!? Clinic shocked, IPs ecstatic!
June 5: 1 perfect hatching blast transferred. 24 frosties. Another Amazing Experience!!
So thrilled, we hope this is it!
June 17: first beta: 893 !! BFP !!
June 19 second beta : 2411 !!!!! we are over the moon with joy!!

happy uncomplicated pregnancy... until....
Surprise!
Rigel Oscar born Jan 8, 2014, at 33w5d.

Our little star is so wonderful!
omg i'm finally a mom!

"life itself is the proper binge" -julia child

"In the end, everything will be ok. And if it's not ok, it's not the end."

#59 sophi_H

sophi_H
  • Global 100+
  • 147 posts
  • My Clinic:lifequest

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great.

Keep Aiming !!!

Paulo Coelho

• gibasgirl, Nantol and Sienna like this

Me 40, DH 49

IVF 1 - 5 embryos - PGD - all abnormal

IVF 2- 8 embryos - PGD- 2 N, one transfer - BFN, the other gone after thawing

IVF 3- 4 embryos - none on day 5

That is the end of IVF journey

#60 sophi_H

sophi_H
  • Global 100+
  • 147 posts
  • My Clinic:lifequest

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

Defeat by Paulo Coelho

Does a leaf, when it falls from the tree in winter, feel defeated by the cold?

The tree says to the leaf:
‘That’s the cycle of life. You may think you’re going to die, but you live on in me. It’s thanks to you that I’m alive, because I can breathe. It’s also thanks to you that I have felt loved, because I was able to give shade to the weary traveller. Your sap is in my sap, we are one thing.’

Does a man who spent years preparing to climb the highest mountain in the world feel defeated on reaching that mountain and discovering that nature has cloaked the summit in storm clouds?
The man says to the mountain: ‘You don’t want me this time, but the weather will change and, one day, I will make it to the top. Meanwhile, you’ll still be here waiting for me.’

Does a young man, rejected by his first love, declare that love does not exist?
The young man says to himself: ‘I’ll find someone better able to understand what I feel. And then I will be happy for the rest of my days.’

Losing a battle or losing everything we thought we possessed will bring us moments of sadness, but when those moments pass, we will discover the hidden strength that exists in each of us, a strength that will surprise us and increase our self-respect.

Wait patiently for the right moment to act.
Do not let the next opportunity slip.

Take pride in your scars.
Scars are medals branded on the flesh, and your enemies will be frightened by them because they are proof of your long experience of battle. Often this will lead them to seek dialogue and avoid conflict.

Scars speak more loudly than the sword that caused them.

taken from MANUSCRIPT FOUND IN ACCRA

• gibasgirl likes this

Me 40, DH 49

IVF 1 - 5 embryos - PGD - all abnormal

IVF 2- 8 embryos - PGD- 2 N, one transfer - BFN, the other gone after thawing

IVF 3- 4 embryos - none on day 5

That is the end of IVF journey

#61 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13143 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

Defeat by Paulo Coelho

Does a leaf, when it falls from the tree in winter, feel defeated by the cold?
The tree says to the leaf:
Thats the cycle of life. You may think youre going to die, but you live on in me. Its thanks to you that Im alive, because I can breathe. Its also thanks to you that I have felt loved, because I was able to give shade to the weary traveller. Your sap is in my sap, we are one thing.
Does a man who spent years preparing to climb the highest mountain in the world feel defeated on reaching that mountain and discovering that nature has cloaked the summit in storm clouds?
The man says to the mountain: You dont want me this time, but the weather will change and, one day, I will make it to the top. Meanwhile, youll still be here waiting for me.
Does a young man, rejected by his first love, declare that love does not exist?
The young man says to himself: Ill find someone better able to understand what I feel. And then I will be happy for the rest of my days.
Losing a battle or losing everything we thought we possessed will bring us moments of sadness, but when those moments pass, we will discover the hidden strength that exists in each of us, a strength that will surprise us and increase our self-respect.
Wait patiently for the right moment to act.
Do not let the next opportunity slip.
Take pride in your scars.
Scars are medals branded on the flesh, and your enemies will be frightened by them because they are proof of your long experience of battle. Often this will lead them to seek dialogue and avoid conflict.
Scars speak more loudly than the sword that caused them.

taken from MANUSCRIPT FOUND IN ACCRA

I really needed this today. Thank you.
  • sophi_H and helwa like this

#62 amandaTTC#2

amandaTTC#2
  • 1000+
  • 1064 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

LOVE Paulo Coelho! I actually just pulled out my copy of The Alchemist this morning to lend to my nephew who is having a hard time right now.
  • gibasgirl likes this

Me: 32 SO: 32
Endometriosis - undiagnosed until laparoscopy in Jan 2012

No problems TTC #1, DS born in March 2008

TTC #2 since July 2009
Started seeing RE Sept 2010
Blood tests show I'm not ovulating, HSG shows right tube is blocked but hysteroscopy was all clear.

2010/2011
4 cycles clomid + TI = BFN
2 cycles clomid, repronex & progesterone + IUI = BFN

Diagnostic Laparoscopy tentatively scheduled for September 13th.

Lap cancelled 09/12/11 due to complete surprise natural BFP, Betas fluctuating, confirmed ectopic. Methotrexate on September 29th.

Diagnostic Laparoscopy rescheduled for January 10th, 2012. Right tube removed, too damaged from the ectopic to save. Lots of endometriosis found and cleaned up.

IUI#3 was a miserable failure. Did not respond at all to repronex. Taking a cycle off before trying Gonal-F

Another natural BFP on April 5th (SO's birthday)!!! EDD December 12th, Cole Marshall arrived December 8th, 7lbs 6oz!

#63 helwa

helwa
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:for now its only baby making...
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:43 PM

" my misfortunes in life is insignificant compared to others"

I didnt remember  if where did I find this quote..but I always think about this when I am down...I usually turn the TV on and just see the news..sometimes whats going on around is even worst that what you have!

I love this thread...Thanks GG.

• mouse, gibasgirl and Butterfli like this

Me;44 ,Never been pregnant,with DOR

DH:45 and 1 DD from an ex 15 yrs ago,Dx with low motility and borederline sperm count

What a nice combo!smile.png

Our Hx: Been trying for almost 3 years,started to see a doctor  2011 but bestfriend passed away and was hit hard with depression.

Had to feel better first. Was supposed to start treatment on sept but found out I have ZERO varicella immunity so have to wait for 3months to

to get it done.

Jan2013 1st IUI( 100mg Clomid and 5000units HCG injection)One dominant follicle only.. result th_abfn.gif cry.gif
 Feb20132nd IUI.(100mg Clomid and 5000 HCG injection..result is th_abfn.gif cry.gif

April5 SHG done..it doesnt hurt anymore...RE said its excellent.

April 21-done with BCP, April 22 in Vancouver

April 24 Baseline bloodwork and Ultrasound.They cant find my left ovary..

April24-25-Started with Lupron 10Units 2x/day.

April26-30-Started with [email protected] 450iu. then Lupron 10units 2x/day

May1-Estrogen level 430 and 4 follilcles in total.

may 3-E2 level 1000+4 follicles growing with 1 the biggest 14mm

May5-E2 2100 only 3 follicles seen.Dr,wanted to do IUI instead,wasnt very hopeful.I feel so upset.Dr.gave me 1 more dose this day and repeat U/S in am.I also asked for change of doctor!

May6- 3 follicles seen the biggest 18.5mm E2 level is around 3K..Dr. decided to go ahead with trigger shot at 2100.Started with Doxycycline.

Ma7-Chillin out!

May8-ER..painless! retrieved 5 eggs only...Hoping for some golden one,gradeAAA...

May9-2 eggs were immature,1 didnt fertilized and 2 were ICSI'd

May10- 1 egg left,the other has abnormal division. ( stressed to the heighest level!)

May 12- Transferred a day3 4-cell,grade 3 egg.

May24-  th_abfn.gifno further plans..Funds are low! Maybe after 6 months...

On Oct2013  we started thinking about Donor egg...I researched and contacted Reprofit..after I was offered a TX date,i became anxious and realized am not ready,Instead we went home to my homeland to attend my sisters wedding.

2014: Booked for DE in Czech REp..travelling on march 13!

March 24 is our donor EC,12 eggs collected,9 fertilized. March 29-transferred 2 embryo,1xExpanded blastocyst grade 1 and 1x blastocyst grade 1. 1EB freezed.

OTD April 10.

DIVF=  th_abfn.gif ..dont know what to do anymore!

May25 FET with 1x XB,result was th_abfp.gif  HCG on June 10 16dpt5dXB was 1800,then 18th day was 2999

#64 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13143 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:45 AM

“Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”

― Bruce Lee
  • go2grace, Butterfli, maritimeajs and 1 other like this

#65 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13143 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:55 AM

"To make the right choices in life, you have to get in touch with your soul. To do this, you need to experience solitude, which most people are afraid of, because in the silence you hear the truth and know the solutions."

-- Deepak Chopra
  • go2grace likes this

#66 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13143 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.

-- Plato

#67 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13143 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:21 AM

We're stronger in the places that we've been broken.

-- Ernest Hemingway

#68 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13143 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:43 AM

To dance, put your hand on your heart and listen to the sound of your soul.

#69 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13143 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.

-- Marianne Williamson

#70 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13143 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:29 AM

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy."

Sir Isaac Newton
  • CdnHockeyGal likes this

#71 CdnHockeyGal

CdnHockeyGal
  • Super Moderator
  • 7094 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, baseball & travel
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Several in Canada & US

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:57 PM

I know this is goofy...but I'm a big Harry Potter dork and found a t-shirt today that says "Mischief Managed" which I think I will save for whenever we achieve our goal...and as of today...that's now one of my favourite quotes. Lol
  • gibasgirl likes this
It was long, awful & hard. We got very lucky and didn't run out of both emotional and financial resources. We saw some of the most beautiful of people in our lowest moments. Baby Girl arrived Apr 10/2018

#72 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13143 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

I came across this one on FB the other day and it made me pause and think.

"I want to be cured of a craving for something I cannot find and the shame of never finding it."  T.S. Eliot

• Merry33, CdnHockeyGal and juice like this

#73 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13143 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:03 PM

Read this tonight.

“I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.” - Pablo Neruda
  • Yearning, Butterfli, Beth83 and 1 other like this

#74 Beth83

Beth83
  • Global 100+
  • 372 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:38 AM

GG - That one is beautiful.  I'de read it before but thanks for the share :)

• gibasgirl and juice like this

ME: 30 31 DH: 31
Married: 2008 TTC #1 since 2010
Diagnosed Mar/13 with severe MF - waiting for IVF w/ICSI
Natural BFP Dec/13!…Our Miracle...Sadly our Angel baby boy was born still May 7/14 at 23 weeks
…If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever…

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

#75 lali111

lali111
  • Cyclebase
  • 338 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:First Step Fertility

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:35 PM

One of my favorite quote in this journey:

''We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell.

I repeat it to myself all the time... especially because NOTHING (seriously!) nothing went the way I thought it would...

• gibasgirl, Butterfli and juice like this