Adopting in Victoria

adopt adoption Victoria BC

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 UpDownAndNatural

UpDownAndNatural
  • Global 100+
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, Baking, Photography, ScubaDiving, Kayaking... anything and everything in and on the Ocean!
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:40 PM

Just popping on to say Hi! I'm Arpita! Hubby and I are deciding to move towards adoption after a 4 years TTC, and a failed IVF. We're thinking MCFD, but paying for our own home study so things move along a little faster. We're going to move to adoption instead, and are feeling really good about getting that process started. A little overwhelmed, but still really excited!!

A little overwhelmed, and again feeling like we're starting from scratch and researching everything all over again. But feeling really positive that this is the path that will bring us our family. :)

Anyone else in Victoria? Would love to meet up with other couples/ women in the area that are or have adopted.

Me: 30. Stage 4 Endo. Possible DOR. Uterus Bicornis Bicolis.
Hubby: 29.  Olympian Swimmers

Together since Oct 2004
Engaged & Ditched the pill - August 2007
Married & Actively TTC since August 2008

IVF #1, and #2 were a bust.  Details under my "About Me". 

IVF#3 -  Using Donor eggs.  Horrible experiences looking for donors in Canada.  Moving to DE abroad, and SO pleased with what we are seeing.  DE cycle April 2014.   

#2 RainbowsPromise

RainbowsPromise
  • Global 100+
  • 697 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Christian Adoption Services, Calgary

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

I'm not in BC but join us on the waiting thread... you're most welcome!
Me 42 DH 44 Married since 2005 and have been TTC the whole time.One adoption revocation through the AB govt (son taken back by birth family after 6 days)Multiple failed clomid cyclesMultiple failed home IUI cycles.Two failed IVF cycles (didn't get to retrieval).Pursuit of donor embryos through direct donation.FET with direct donor embryos in Nov 2010 resulted in a BFP!Jan 2011- both empty sacs and m/c has begun. June 2011- Second donor embryo cycle (anonymous donor). BFN.Oct 2011- Third donor embryo cycle (anonymous donor). BFN.Nov 2011- Pursuing private adoption through Christian Adoption Services.May 2012- Officially on the waiting list for CAS.See "About Me" page for specifics on our journey and continued updates.Believing that God WILL answer our prayers for children! He is the one who placed the desire for children in our hearts so we trust that it will happen.... in His time. The message that keeps coming is from Psalm 37:7 "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him". December 2013- God has answered our prayers in a way we truly didn't think was possible- we brought home a little boy and survived the 10-day waiting period, lol. To Him be the glory- the testimony of this little one is amazing!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: adopt, adoption, Victoria, BC