ANY SUCCESS With certain doctors in UBC. - UBC - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

ANY SUCCESS With certain doctors in UBC.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 02:09 AM

Hi everyone
i'm about to start my cycle very soon NOv and i need to know some information.
i'm seeing doctor cheung i was wondering if any of you have any success with him? is he good?
which doctors do you think has the best rate of success in UBC?
PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK!

#2 michelletj

michelletj
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 12:49 AM

Hi Hope,

I cycled at UBC last year, and had twins on my first cycle. Dr. Rowe was my Dr, but I remember that all of the doctors there take turns doing everything during the IVF cycle. For example, I had U/S with both Dr. Rowe and another dr that I had never met before, Dr Allaire did the egg retreival, Dr Rowe did the embryo transfer, and Dr. Chung monitered my hormone levels. I belive that they all take turns with the hormone levels, depending on which week you start, and it is the same for all the other proceedures. I have heard good things about Dr. Chung, but have not actually met him. Needless to say we were thrilled with the outcome of our IVF, and would recommend UBC to anyone.

Good luck with your IVF!!!

Michelle

#3 andia

andia
  • Global 100+
  • 569 posts
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 30 October 2005 - 01:05 AM

HI,

I have Dr. R, who I think is great... and have heard good things about Dr. C as well. He did an u/s for me once and seems very nice.

Good luck!!

fa8uog.gif

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:47 PM

Hi Hope99,

we did our only IVF with Dr. Williams (I hope I didn't forget her name). She did everything except the transfer. I was very disappointed when Dr. Chung showed up for the transfer. I cried. But when I got on the table I said: Doctor, I am the last one today, can you get me pregnant? He said: I'll do my best. So he did. We are 18 weeks PG after one transfered embryo on day 5.

Good luck!!!

Olga.