19 replies to this topic

#1 MapleBecky

MapleBecky
  • Global 100+
  • 554 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Conceptia

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

I feel like I am getting more and more frustrated with the clinic.

While we were waiting for the genetic tests, I called and got some of the results that came in. I was told that some of my results were off, my LH was high at day 8 and my FSH was borderline. I was told to take 8,000 units of vitamin D, and double checked that I got that big amount copied down right. (I was currently taking 1,000 at the time.)

I then called a few weeks later to check on the results. I was then told that my FSH was indeed normal and that I was only to take 800 units, not 8,000.

I asked for a referral ot the infertility psychologist. He was nice but didn't want to talk normal infertilty stuff, he was interested in telling us about donor sperm and telling us it was a good choice. He told us to find out as little as possible about it and to just go do it. We left feeling excited about the idea until we got home and realized we just took 10 steps back. I'm not sure if we just weren't ready or because we didn't feel like we were being listened to during the session. Since then, I have looked at donor sperm profiles and realized I need to see their faces to match with my husband, if we were to ever go that route. Right now, we are thinking we can't do that step.

When we finally saw the urologist, he didn't want to treat my husband's low testosterone because he said it rarely works, even though I had read otherwise. He told us most people don't do the microTESE because it costs a lot and said that the TESE has a 20% chance of finding sperm and was cheaper. He didn't tell us any risks to the surgery and what would happen if they found sperm.

I called the clinic after we had walked around Moncton aimlessly, trying to process everything. We had waited 5 months to see a urologist and were so disappointed to find out nothing new. The nurse was surprised that I had questions about the procedures and said he should have told us what to expect. They were going to call us back with the price for the mTESE but it's been over a week and we haven't heard anything. She also said that the TESA would just be a test, we had no idea they would probably have to do it again if I ended up doing an IVF cycle. So that's an extra $1500 would would have to factor in that we weren't told about.

I know our odds of conceiving are slim. I just wish that someone would sit down and take an interest in our case. I feel like they are not hopeful at all and want us to jump to donor sperm. My husband will be 44 in September, we don't have time to sit around and wonder what's going on.

I have no idea how to approach this. I want to get my questions answered by the urologist and don't know if they will let me talk to him by phone. I want to ask if he would consider the tamoxifen since it can't hurt. I want to know what the risks and prices are for the procedures we are supposed to be considering.

I'm just scared to tell them how frustrated I'm feeling. They are the only fertility clinic near me and I don't want them to think that we are just desparate and crazy.

Becky (35)  Unexpectedly widowed in Feb 2013.  The night after my ER.  I was married to an incredible man named Chris.

Son, age 6
TTC #2 (his first) since our wedding in July 2011.

Dec 1, 2011- Found out he has azoospermia (no sperm in SA.)  Totally heartbroken and shocked.
Jan 2012- First consult at fertility clinic.
March 2012- My tests show high LH but everything else was normal. His LH/FSH were high, testosterone was really low. (4.2)
May 17, 2012- Official Dx of testicular failure and non-obstructive azoo. Given the option of mTESE, TESA or using a donor.
June 7, 2012- Urologist is seeing us again per our request. We need him to answer some questions about the procedures and testosterone.  He would not consider Clomid or any hormones for DH.
June 27, 2012- Saw RE and decided to proceed with dIUI. Told we needed one cycle on the BCP because of my high LH.
June 28, 2012- Started BCP for 21 days. Did pre-IUI micro and blood testing on July 3rd. Told they should be in on time for IUI in early August.
July 21, 2012- CD1. Called clinic and found out my cycle was canceled. They messed up and my file wasn't ready. They forgot to draw vit D and some other results are missing.
August 9, 2012- Nurse left message saying they cannot do this cycle either. Now it will take 2-3 MONTHS for DH's blood tests before we can use donor sperm.
August 10, 2012- RE called. DH has a reactive Hepatitis C blood test and they are trying to figure out if he's got an active infection or was exposed in the past.
August 23, 2012- He's Hep C NEGATIVE! Phew!
October 2012- Latest SA results still shows azoo, but we're glad the testosterone looks normal now. dIUI after 21 days on the pill. Clomid for cd3-7, LH is too high (17 and 14.6) and progestone getting too high. Had 3, 13.5mm folliciles and my lining is 8.6. CD13- Lining was good, triple layer at about 9. Now I just have one 17.5mm follicle on my left side.
October 17, 2012- dIUI  canceled. Clomid didn't work, estrogen too low, LH was normal again and progesterone was off too. Now we need an appointment to talk to our RE again to start over.
Dec 2012- Saw RE and we have to do IVF/ICSI, even with a donor. So, we decided to throw in a TESA with donor backup. Bloodwork this cycle, BCP and mock in Jan and hopefully a Feb IVF/ICSI/TESA!

IVF #1
Mock done, teaching visit done.  Started Suprefact on Jan 30.  AF arrived on schedule.
Baseline done, starting Gonal-F and Luveris Feb 11.
Stim day 4-  1 follicle at 11mm, 40 more under 10.  My lining is already a triple lining and at 8.6
Stim day 6-  8-9 follices between 11-13mm at least 20 more under 10mm.  This doctor saw my lining at 6.3?   Encouraged to walk because my circulation to my uterus wasn't what they wanted to be this time.  No idea what that means.
Stim day 8-   14 follicles.  All measuring between 11 and 15 with more under 10.   Lining is over 10.  Circulation is good again.   They are letting me skip my day 9 appointment. 
Stim day 10-  TRIGGER tonight!   I have 14 between 15-21mm, a few more at 14 that may catch up.  Lining is over 10.   DH's TESA is tomorrow.
Feb 21-  No sperm found with TESA.   ER tomorrow with donor sperm.
Feb 22-  ER was successful!  Collected 18 eggs.   7 from my right and 8 on my left.  We can skip ICSI because the donor's sperm is great.  Crossing fingers for a good fert report tomorrow.
June 2013- Updating. My husband, Chris, passed away unexpectedly of Sudden Arrhythmia Death Syndrome just hours after my ER on Feb 23.  Had 14 fertilize.  9, 5-day frozen blasts are at the clinic waiting for me to make some decisions. 

FET #1

June 2014-  5-day blast.   BFN just in time for what would have been our 3rd anniversary.  

FET#2

August 2014.  FET #2 on Aug 25 with another 5-day blast.  BFP!   Had scare with a bleed at 4w5d, but beta is still doubling.  Due May 13, 2015.  Ultrasound on Oct 5.

Oct 5-  8w4d-  Blighted Ovum.  Stopping estrogen and progesterone.  Waiting to miscarry.  Looking forward to moving on with life.

Oct 17- D&C.   Feeling peace about being at the end of the infertility battle.  Looking forward to the next chapter in my life.

#2 RedEmber

RedEmber
  • Global 100+
  • 271 posts
  • My Clinic:VFC (Previously RFP)

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

Before I started suppression for IVF last week I took 6000 iu of vitamin D a day, it is the standard dose on the spray I take. I can't think 800 would make much of a difference. so if I were you I would not be concerned with taking 8,000.

My DHs testosterone is low (though the RE doesn't think so) so wouldn't prescribe Clomid even if we asked him. My Dh went to a Naturopath who has given him Chinese herbs (you gui wan) to improve his testosterone. he's not been checked since so I don't know if is helping, but it might be something you want to look at.
ABOUT US
  • Me: 36, Low-Normal AMH
  • DH: 36, Male Factor - low concentration, motility, morphology and antibodies
HISTORY
  • 19 Sep 2010: Began TTC
  • 9 Nov 2011: Us = 1st appointment Regional fertility Program (Calgary fertility clinic)- Dr. O'Keane.
  • 11 Jan 2012: Us = 2nd appointment with fertility clinic. Find out its male factor.
  • 15 Mar 2012: Us = Attend mandatory IVF talk.
IVF#1
  • 19 Mar 2012: Us = Active on wait list
  • 2 May 2012: Us = Got call to begin IVF
  • 16 May 2012: Me = Start Suprefact nasal spray & baby aspirin
  • 30 May 2012: Me = Start Stims: Gonal F = 150 iu, Luveris = 75 iu. Dose later reduced to 125 then 100 iu Gonal F. Stimmed for 9 days. 20 follicles.
  • 10 Jun 2012: Us = Egg retrieval. 18 eggs. Fertilization through ICSI.
  • 11 Jun 2012: Us = Day 1, Embryologist report: Of 18 eggs retrieved, 17 mature, 15 fertilized. Began Prometrium and Estrace.
  • 13 Jun 2012: Us = Day 3, Embryologist report: We've still got 15 embryos. Going for a day 5 transfer.
  • 15 Jun 2012: Us = Day 5, transfer 1 x 3AA blast (perfect), Embryologist report: other 14 not doing well, warned we might not have anything to freeze
  • 16 Jun 2012: Us = Day 6, Embryologist report: 4 frozen. All developmental 4, quality A's and B's
  • 28 Jun 2012: Me = Official pregnancy test = BFP
  • 29 Jun 2012: Me = 1st Beta: 449 (14dp5dt)
  • 1 Jul 2012: Me = 2nd Beta: 1012 (16dp5dt)
  • 16 Jul 2012: Me = Ultrasound, pregnant 7w1d, measured 6w,4d. Heart beat 120bpm.
  • 11 Sep 2012: Me = Doppler, heart beat 150bpm.
  • 10 Oct 2012: Me = Ultrasound, heart beat 136bpm, it's a boy.
  • 10 Mar 2013: Son Born
FET #1
  • 5 Feb 2015: Us = Transferred 1 blast, BFN
  • FET #2
    • 15 Jun 2015: Us = Transferred 2 blasts, BFN
      • FET #3
      • 22 Sep 2015: Us = Transferred 1 blasts, BFN
      • 2016 Transfer to VFC
      • IVF #2
      • July 2016: Currently Stimming

#3 MapleBecky

MapleBecky
  • Global 100+
  • 554 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:51 PM

I'm not even sure if my vitamin D was low or if that was standard. I may up it to 2-3,000 units and go from there. I'll be calling this week anyway and will see what they say. I'll look and see where the nearest naturopath is, I think they are in the city which may or may not work for him. It's worth looking into if the clinic won't consider it.

Thanks for chiming in and good luck with your cycle!

Becky (35)  Unexpectedly widowed in Feb 2013.  The night after my ER.  I was married to an incredible man named Chris.

Son, age 6

Dec 1, 2011- Found out he has azoospermia (no sperm in SA.)  Totally heartbroken and shocked.
March 2012- My tests show high LH but everything else was normal. His LH/FSH were high, testosterone was really low. (4.2)
May 17, 2012- Official Dx of testicular failure and non-obstructive azoo. Given the option of mTESE, TESA or using a donor.
June 7, 2012- Urologist is seeing us again per our request. We need him to answer some questions about the procedures and testosterone.  He would not consider Clomid or any hormones for DH.
June 27, 2012- Saw RE and decided to proceed with dIUI. Told we needed one cycle on the BCP because of my high LH.
June 28, 2012- Started BCP for 21 days. Did pre-IUI micro and blood testing on July 3rd. Told they should be in on time for IUI in early August.
July 21, 2012- CD1. Called clinic and found out my cycle was canceled. They messed up and my file wasn't ready. They forgot to draw vit D and some other results are missing.
August 9, 2012- Nurse left message saying they cannot do this cycle either. Now it will take 2-3 MONTHS for DH's blood tests before we can use donor sperm.
August 10, 2012- RE called. DH has a reactive Hepatitis C blood test and they are trying to figure out if he's got an active infection or was exposed in the past.
October 2012- Latest SA results still shows azoo, but we're glad the testosterone looks normal now. dIUI after 21 days on the pill. Clomid for cd3-7, LH is too high (17 and 14.6) and progestone getting too high. Had 3, 13.5mm folliciles and my lining is 8.6. CD13- Lining was good, triple layer at about 9. Now I just have one 17.5mm follicle on my left side.
October 17, 2012- dIUI  canceled. Clomid didn't work, estrogen too low, LH was normal again and progesterone was off too. Now we need an appointment to talk to our RE again to start over.
Dec 2012- Saw RE and we have to do IVF/ICSI, even with a donor. So, we decided to throw in a TESA with donor backup. Bloodwork this cycle, BCP and mock in Jan and hopefully a Feb IVF/ICSI/TESA!

IVF #1
Mock done, teaching visit done.  Started Suprefact on Jan 30.  AF arrived on schedule.
Stim day 4-  1 follicle at 11mm, 40 more under 10.  My lining is already a triple lining and at 8.6
Stim day 6-  8-9 follices between 11-13mm at least 20 more under 10mm.  This doctor saw my lining at 6.3?   Encouraged to walk because my circulation to my uterus wasn't what they wanted to be this time.  No idea what that means.
Stim day 8-   14 follicles.  All measuring between 11 and 15 with more under 10.   Lining is over 10.  Circulation is good again.   They are letting me skip my day 9 appointment. 
Stim day 10-  TRIGGER tonight!   I have 14 between 15-21mm, a few more at 14 that may catch up.  Lining is over 10.   DH's TESA is tomorrow.
Feb 22-  ER was successful!  Collected 18 eggs.   7 from my right and 8 on my left.  We can skip ICSI because the donor's sperm is great.  Crossing fingers for a good fert report tomorrow.
June 2013- Updating. My husband, Chris, passed away unexpectedly of Sudden Arrhythmia Death Syndrome just hours after my ER on Feb 23.  Had 14 fertilize.  9, 5-day frozen blasts are at the clinic waiting for me to make some decisions. 

FET #1

June 2014-  5-day blast.   BFN just in time for what would have been our 3rd anniversary.  

FET#2

August 2014.  FET #2 on Aug 25 with another 5-day blast.  BFP!   Had scare with a bleed at 4w5d, but beta is still doubling.  Due May 13, 2015.  Ultrasound on Oct 5.

Oct 5-  8w4d-  Blighted Ovum.  Stopping estrogen and progesterone.  Waiting to miscarry.  Looking forward to moving on with life.

Oct 17- D&C.   Feeling peace about being at the end of the infertility battle.  Looking forward to the next chapter in my life.

#4 RedEmber

RedEmber
  • Global 100+
  • 271 posts
  • My Clinic:VFC (Previously RFP)

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:46 PM

Thank you.

Btw - I didn't take vitamin d for any infertility reason, I just took it because it's not yet summer so can't get it from the sun. This is the recommendation I follow http://www.mercola.c...-resources.htm?

I believe acupuncturists sometimes give out Chinese herbs too. You could ask Dr. Fiona and Dr. Brown on here for recommendations of people in your area.
ABOUT US
  • Me: 36, Low-Normal AMH
  • DH: 36, Male Factor - low concentration, motility, morphology and antibodies
HISTORY
  • 19 Sep 2010: Began TTC
  • 9 Nov 2011: Us = 1st appointment Regional fertility Program (Calgary fertility clinic)- Dr. O'Keane.
  • 11 Jan 2012: Us = 2nd appointment with fertility clinic. Find out its male factor.
  • 15 Mar 2012: Us = Attend mandatory IVF talk.
IVF#1
  • 19 Mar 2012: Us = Active on wait list
  • 2 May 2012: Us = Got call to begin IVF
  • 16 May 2012: Me = Start Suprefact nasal spray & baby aspirin
  • 30 May 2012: Me = Start Stims: Gonal F = 150 iu, Luveris = 75 iu. Dose later reduced to 125 then 100 iu Gonal F. Stimmed for 9 days. 20 follicles.
  • 10 Jun 2012: Us = Egg retrieval. 18 eggs. Fertilization through ICSI.
  • 11 Jun 2012: Us = Day 1, Embryologist report: Of 18 eggs retrieved, 17 mature, 15 fertilized. Began Prometrium and Estrace.
  • 13 Jun 2012: Us = Day 3, Embryologist report: We've still got 15 embryos. Going for a day 5 transfer.
  • 15 Jun 2012: Us = Day 5, transfer 1 x 3AA blast (perfect), Embryologist report: other 14 not doing well, warned we might not have anything to freeze
  • 16 Jun 2012: Us = Day 6, Embryologist report: 4 frozen. All developmental 4, quality A's and B's
  • 28 Jun 2012: Me = Official pregnancy test = BFP
  • 29 Jun 2012: Me = 1st Beta: 449 (14dp5dt)
  • 1 Jul 2012: Me = 2nd Beta: 1012 (16dp5dt)
  • 16 Jul 2012: Me = Ultrasound, pregnant 7w1d, measured 6w,4d. Heart beat 120bpm.
  • 11 Sep 2012: Me = Doppler, heart beat 150bpm.
  • 10 Oct 2012: Me = Ultrasound, heart beat 136bpm, it's a boy.
  • 10 Mar 2013: Son Born
FET #1
  • 5 Feb 2015: Us = Transferred 1 blast, BFN
  • FET #2
    • 15 Jun 2015: Us = Transferred 2 blasts, BFN
      • FET #3
      • 22 Sep 2015: Us = Transferred 1 blasts, BFN
      • 2016 Transfer to VFC
      • IVF #2
      • July 2016: Currently Stimming

#5 MapleBecky

MapleBecky
  • Global 100+
  • 554 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:48 AM

Thank you so much!

Son, age 6

IVF #1

FET #1

FET#2

#6 MapleBecky

MapleBecky
  • Global 100+
  • 554 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

Just an update. I called the clinic today and they were able to give me a ball park rate for the mTESE. They couldn't commit to an actual quote, but $3500 was a bit lower than I had expected.

I told them I still had questions for the urologist. The receptionist was willing to let me talk to a nurse, but I had explained I had and the nurse told me he should have explained it. I told her that and she paused and said she would see what she could do. I'm not sure if I will hear from him or not. I really hope they hear me out.

Son, age 6

IVF #1

FET #1

FET#2

#7 elizi520

elizi520
  • 51 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:46 AM

HI ,I with you have same questions,time flies! I am just make an appointment spent one mounth, my boyfriend 52 old .
I don't have idea i need keep this life! i want have change....I can't accept not child in my life!
I am 33 DH 50
DeC 2011 stard Prepare No contraceptiver
2012 May 4 sent mail to Conceptia Clinic
May 22 2012 Happy ! Finally had get one make an appointment In June 08 2012
08 June 2012: Consultation-first vist
19 June 2012 Frendericton hospital frist times blood test.
25 June 2012 second time blood test.
09 July 2012 Thirdly time blood test
27 June 2012 first times Consultation my family doctor (good he can talk chinese)
05 July 2012 blood work
11 July 2012 nurse back call say my prolactin little hight
16 17 18 JULY blood work again ( ASAP/ fasting)
23 July B ultrasound(drink 4 802 glasses of wate 2 hours before ) appointment
24 July Nurse call me ,I need do HsG and MRI
25 July (apo-Bromocriptine 2.5MG) QTY :60
26 July MRI Appointment :October 20,2012 9:30am (31 July take letter) Long time waiting!
09 August my family doctor tell me ( two small Uterine fibroid)
21 Aug Appt Dr Landan 3:20
27 Aug Appt register in X-Ray (HSG)
all my normal ,until now

#8 MapleBecky

MapleBecky
  • Global 100+
  • 554 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:39 PM

Just an update. The urologist saw us in his own office and spend probably about 30 minutes with us. We were very happy with how he treated us in the second appointment, I'm so glad I asked for it. The only dissapointment was that we didn't realize that a mTESE would have to be times with my egg retrieval. I really would have liked to know that from the first appointment, we probably would have ruled it out sooner. I would want to know if he didn't have sperm before we got into IVF.

Son, age 6

IVF #1

FET #1

FET#2

#9 elizi520

elizi520
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

Maplebacky:I saw you have new progress ,very good! I hope you good luck!So I can follow you pace
  • gibasgirl likes this
I am 33 DH 50
27 June 2012 first times Consultation my family doctor (good he can talk chinese)
05 July 2012 blood work
26 July MRI Appointment :October 20,2012 9:30am (31 July take letter) Long time waiting!
all my normal ,until now

#10 MapleBecky

MapleBecky
  • Global 100+
  • 554 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

I called them with my CD1 today after taking the pill for 21 days like they had asked.

They finally called me back and it turns out they don't have all of our results in. So, I have to have AF for a week and then start the stupid BCP all over again for another 3 weeks.

That takes me to my first week of school for the IUI and I am unsure if I can miss that first week. Plus the 2ww is going to be during the most stressful time of the year.

I told her how frustrated we have been with the clinic. She spent a long time on the phone with me and went over everything. I am glad she was sympathetic.

They really know nothing about donor sperm there which is really frustrating. She and I butted heads about the sperm bank we chose, she didn't think they were Canadian complaint and I told her I got it from the list THEY gave me. She finally understood what I was saying and did see their name on the list on their info sheet.

She is going to see the head of the clinic tomorrow, it's his weekend to work, and will call me in the morning. I still can't believe this is happening.

Son, age 6

IVF #1

FET #1

FET#2

#11 MapleBecky

MapleBecky
  • Global 100+
  • 554 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

I had to drive all the way to Moncton today to get my vitamin D drawn. They had forgotten it and the lab at MCH only does that test on Sundays. If I had gotten it done at my home hospital, it would have been sent to Toronto and taken 3 weeks to process.

So, they forgot a test and they figure my DHs tests would be in by tomorrow, but they still won't let us do our IUI. I'm really disappointed with how disorganized they are. If I lived closer to Halifax, I would go to AART.

Son, age 6

IVF #1

FET #1

FET#2

#12 elizi520

elizi520
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:42 AM

Many people using two clinics, so don't waste time! I am looking for more Clinics!
I am 33 DH 50
05 July 2012 blood work
all my normal ,until now

#13 Daisy-Mae

Daisy-Mae
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

This response might be too late, but I would totally encourage you to drive to Halifax! Everyone at AART is amazing! We drive 8 hours (4 hours each way) for every appointment.

#14 MapleBecky

MapleBecky
  • Global 100+
  • 554 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

I just brought it up to DH and I can't convince him to go to Halifax. When you do IVF with there, do you have to be there everyday until the ER?

Son, age 6

IVF #1

FET #1

FET#2

#15 Daisy-Mae

Daisy-Mae
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

They have certain RE's you can "satalite" with to do your bloodwork and internal ultrasounds closer to home, if there are any near you. We chose to do everything at AART. While I was on stims, I had to be there 5 or 6 times, then for the retrieval, then for the transfer.

#16 MapleBecky

MapleBecky
  • Global 100+
  • 554 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

I keep thinking about this. I may call them on Monday and see how soon we could cycle if we go with them. We have all of our bloodwork and testing done, so it would a matter of seeing them and getting started.

Son, age 6

IVF #1

FET #1

FET#2

#17 sarbear8180

sarbear8180
  • Cyclebase
  • 114 posts
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

Hi Maplebecky,

I'm cycling with Conceptia right now. I was referred to them in May 2011 and am doing my first IVF right now. We have been trying for five years so I completely understand why you don't want to wait any longer. I have found the clinic and nurses amazing so far especially with the IVF and all my questions. I was worried about the fact Dr. R was on leave but because they have other doctors on staff it won't effect my cycle at all. It took a long time for us to get to the point where we are doing IVF and I know how bad you want to start the process especially with all you have been through so far. I wish you luck and hope you get to start soon!

Me 34 DH 33TTC 7 years

FX Bilateral tube obstruction

March 2012 surgery to try to repair tubes

August 2012 advised by RE that IVF is our best option

Nov 2012 #1 IVF attemptNov 24, 2012 ER 14 retrieved, 11 mature and 9 fertilized.

Nov 27, 2012 Transfer two 3 day grade 4, 8 cell embryoNov 30 1 4bb, 1 2bb blasts successfully frozen

Dec 8, 9, 10 HPT BFN Dec 11, 2102 Beta confirmed BFN

FET April 2013 BFN

IVF#2 June 2013 BFP, ended in suspected ectopic

September 2013 Natural BFP, ended as chemical pregnancy

December 2014 Natural BFP, ended as a ectopic lost right tube.

​We have moved on to adoption as I am done putting my body through all this.  

Match for foster to adopt, beautiful baby girl came home on April 17, 2015 currently waiting on adoption.

#18 MapleBecky

MapleBecky
  • Global 100+
  • 554 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

I wonder if you got to continue since they didn't have to change what you're doing? Since we were going from IUI with clomid and a trigger to injections or possibly IVF, we have to wait for Dr. Robichaud to come back in Dec and then start the pill and then do our cycle in Feb. We were referred almost a year ago so it's been a long wait. I never thought it would take this long to even get a chance to get pregnant.

Son, age 6

IVF #1

FET #1

FET#2

#19 sarbear8180

sarbear8180
  • Cyclebase
  • 114 posts
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

I wonder if you got to continue since they didn't have to change what you're doing? Since we were going from IUI with clomid and a trigger to injections or possibly IVF, we have to wait for Dr. Robichaud to come back in Dec and then start the pill and then do our cycle in Feb. We were referred almost a year ago so it's been a long wait. I never thought it would take this long to even get a chance to get pregnant.

I was cleared to start in September. This has been a long journey for me as well. We've been trying since we got married and in 2009 after trying for a while I went to my family doctor to see where to go next. He basically just told me to keep trying as all my bloodwork was normal and my DH sperm seemed ok but never referred me. So in 2010 I finally just took
Charge and started to try to get a referral and finally got one and so in June 2011 that's the first time I met with Dr R. I got the talk in august that ivf was our best option. So in september i got all my bw done and a pap as well as we had the mock transfer at the end of september. Then it was just waiting for my body and AF. I got really lucky and AF showed up early. I so completely understand exactly what you are feeling and get that it feels like it is a ridiculously long process (which it can be).

As soon as you see Dr R and do your mock transfer etc it will go a lot faster. I hope you get to start really fast and everything falls into place!!! Hopefully this time next year we will both be new moms or close to! :)

Me 34 DH 33TTC 7 years

FX Bilateral tube obstruction

March 2012 surgery to try to repair tubes

August 2012 advised by RE that IVF is our best option

Nov 2012 #1 IVF attemptNov 24, 2012 ER 14 retrieved, 11 mature and 9 fertilized.

Nov 27, 2012 Transfer two 3 day grade 4, 8 cell embryoNov 30 1 4bb, 1 2bb blasts successfully frozen

Dec 8, 9, 10 HPT BFN Dec 11, 2102 Beta confirmed BFN

FET April 2013 BFN

IVF#2 June 2013 BFP, ended in suspected ectopic

September 2013 Natural BFP, ended as chemical pregnancy

December 2014 Natural BFP, ended as a ectopic lost right tube.

​We have moved on to adoption as I am done putting my body through all this.  

Match for foster to adopt, beautiful baby girl came home on April 17, 2015 currently waiting on adoption.

#20 MapleBecky

MapleBecky
  • Global 100+
  • 554 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

Thank you.

I think I'm so frustrated because we finally decided to give up on using my husband's sperm and were told it would go quickly from that point. To be cancled so many times and given so many different time lines has been so frustrating. I never dreamt that we would have to move to IVF since I had never had fertility issues, I conceived my son on the first try from a previous relationship, the only issue appeared to be my husband's lack of sperm.

Son, age 6

IVF #1

FET #1

FET#2