1985 replies to this topic

#51 LilRabbit

LilRabbit
  • Cyclebase
  • 246 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:SIRM Las Vegas

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:42 PM

Maybe she took it as an insult, as in, hanging out with kids is not fun, therefore, you wouldn't want to hang out with her and her kids. People are so dense sometimes.

Maybe she did. Maybe she now sees me as the horrible witch from Hanzel in Gretel. "Yummy children!" Posted Image
  • gibasgirl likes this

----------------------

ME: 35, PCOS

HUBBY: 38, Low Motility

TTC since 2007

My signature is starting to get a bit crazy!!!!

IUI 2007-2008 - 4 failed IUI attempts (1 chemical)

IVF #1 FEB 2010 - Conversion from IUI to IVF.20 eggs retrieved - 2 transfered. 9 frozen - BFP

06/29 - Our little Sebastian was born, spent an hour in his parents arms, then moved on to heaven.

FET #1 NOV 2010 - Sooner than expected - Here we go again! - BFN

FET #2 DEC 2011 - Mentally I think I am ready, but are we ever really ready? - BFN

IVF #2 FEB 2012 - BFN! Again!

IVF #3 JUN 2012 - ER only - ET cancelled due to polyps. Only 1 frozen blast disapointing cycle.

IVF #4 AUG 2012 - Our last chance - BFP!

After the joy of learning we were pregnant - we were filled with fear as our little one was diagnosed with an Omphalocele. We have been given a 50/50 chance of carrying to term.  EDD - May 18, 2012

Valentines Day 2013 - Our little Cristiano is born @ 25w5d, 910g 

Still in the hospital....

#52 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13136 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:05 PM

Maybe she did. Maybe she now sees me as the horrible witch from Hanzel in Gretel. "Yummy children!" Posted Image

Yes, they taste good with Cheerios first thing in the morning. Just sayin'

#53 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13136 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:12 PM

Thanks Mkttc, I think that is all I was looking for, some sort of acknowledgement. But I guess you can't always get what you want.

Just to continue my story. My DH came back last night after fishing with the DH of this lady. She forwarded on my text to her DH. He said to my husband. "Your wife is funny." Then read him my text, followed by the comment "Is your wife down in the dumps these days." My DH responded. "Nope, why would you say that? She was just saying the truth."

I love my DH sometimes. At least I know he gets it.

Now that couple knows that you are made for each other and are both "funny" people in that way. :D

They don't get it. They are wrapped up in their own world and they are waiting for you to say that you drank the happy Kool Aid and you can immediately put aside your pain, while they offer NO support of sympathy.

#54 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13136 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

They have probably come to the conclusion that you don't like kids. My SIL has been accused of that and she's been dealing with IF for 15 years. I was at a family gathering when a neighbour of another family member went up to her and accused her of not liking/wanting kids based on...her lack of kids. Genius. People can be small-minded.

Just remember your truth.
  • Flossie and mkttc like this

#55 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13136 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

I think we have to make Elvira an honourary Cranky.

• Vetter, michelleo and mkttc like this

#56 mkttc

mkttc
  • Global 100+
  • 161 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Edmonton Fertility Clinic

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

OMG ELVIRA KURT IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE PEOPLE!!!!! Makes me wish I liked women...like that....Posted Image
  • gibasgirl and michelleo like this

#57 Rick

Rick

Test Again

• Adminoocyte
  • 6299 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:30 PM

This is one of the best cranks from the male perspective on other people's kids and their parents. Warning, seriously coarse language at times.

• Flossie and mkttc like this

#58 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13136 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:26 PM

Ah Louis CK. I've only heard bits and pieces of his work but on network TV. Funny. Blue.

#59 nervus optimist

nervus optimist
  • Super Moderator
  • 2677 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:newlife

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

bah!!! super cranky.

cancelled cycle
yeast infection
UTI

all at once!!!

Posted Image

I am 38, DH - 39
Genetic - IVF&PGD to prevent Genetic Disorder
IVF #1 - Nov/08 - MC @ 6 weeks, no embryos frozen
IVF #2 - Aug/09 - bfn
IUI #1 - Feb/10 - ectopic
PRIDE - Apr/10
Homestudy - July/10
Given the gift of donor embryos - Jan/12
Donor FET Jun/12 - 9 weeks - no heartbeat... MC
Donor FET Oct/12 - we're PG biggrin.png

===> Beautiful baby boy born 2013 babyboy.gif

Donor FET Oct/16 - chemical

April 2017 - surprise PG

===> Beautiful baby girl born 2017 babygirl.gif

#60 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13136 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:30 PM

Frack attack!

That sucks. HARD.

#61 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13136 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

Nervous, I hope things are better.

#62 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13136 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

Nothing in particular.

So I was watching the news and an 18 year old was arrested for some very serious violent crimes in the city. 18 years old. Even though he's well down the road of being a hardened criminal, he still had a baby face. What a loss. Like, what could he have become if he had a better upbringing?

It made me think of something I saw on FB:

Posted Image
  • bal likes this

#63 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13136 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:48 PM

Marco!

#64 runnerchick

runnerchick
  • Global 100+
  • 821 posts
  • Interests:music, running, throwing the ball for my golden girl!
  • My Clinic:Calgary

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:42 PM

How's this for grouchy?

The last few days I've just felt tired and stressed.... about work, about our house that hasn't sold yet, about trying to unpack the new house, and don't even start on the 2WW.

So, get up this morning, decide on peanut butter. Mmmmm, pb and toast and tea...... except that DH has put the pb container back in the cupboard totally empty. Like, scraped clean.

I seriously considered crawling into bed with him and twisting his testicles off.

Instead, I put the empty container back, and emptied out the coffee canister. So tomorrow morning before his conference call when he goes looking for coffee he'll be s*** outa luck.

Witchy, but I don't care. It's not the first time he's pulled this crap. For such a kind, caring, and considerate man, he can be a real dough head.
  • Flossie, DiXie, gibasgirl and 1 other like this

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#65 Hoping4_1

Hoping4_1
  • Cyclebase
  • 895 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:RAH

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:18 AM

Lol, runnerchick!! That's awesome!

Polo!!!

Lol, runnerchick!! That's awesome!

Polo!!!
  • gibasgirl likes this

#66 Lucretia

Lucretia
  • Cyclebase
  • 623 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:37 AM

Hahah, runnerchick, I laughed for 5min reading your post! How did the pre-conference call event unfold ?
  • gibasgirl likes this

#67 Vetter

Vetter
  • 1000+
  • 1157 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:34 PM

Marco

Runnerchick: Update PLEASE!!!!
  • gibasgirl likes this

#68 Highest hopes

Highest hopes
  • Global 100+
  • 660 posts
  • My Clinic:McGill, OriginElle, Aurora, & RUH

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:40 AM

Looking forward to the update about the empty coffee!

Gibasgirl, I was just reading through this thread when my guy walked in & read your Facebook 'share':
'Don't marry a man unless you would be proud to have a son exactly like him.'

He just smiled ;)

Funny!
  • gibasgirl likes this
Dx: Age & Endometriosis & Tubal

IUI & IVF & FET = BFN
Pinterest.com/aquablueglow

#69 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13136 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:26 AM

That's awesome. :)

#70 Red Wine

Red Wine
  • Cyclebase
  • 2692 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:41 PM

I really like this thread. Even before I was a member of this site I would always read this thread and I read it before it exploded. It's nice to see people that have the courage to wake up everyday and keep going in spite of infertility and all the craziness that comes with infertility (mainly comments from friends and family). Since my first failed ivf I just wish I could get over it and move on, but instead I'm wallowing in self pity.
  • Vetter, impatient, gibasgirl and 2 others like this

See about me page.

#71 Highest hopes

Highest hopes
  • Global 100+
  • 660 posts
  • My Clinic:McGill, OriginElle, Aurora, & RUH

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:46 AM

Malbec, I can totally relate :(

& then people (as you say, friends and family) give me the "glass half full" talk & I find that annoying too!
  • gibasgirl likes this
Dx: Age & Endometriosis & Tubal

IUI & IVF & FET = BFN
Pinterest.com/aquablueglow

#72 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13136 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:01 PM

Since my first failed ivf I just wish I could get over it and move on, but instead I'm wallowing in self pity.

I've wallowed in self-pity, denial and wine at various times.
  • Vetter likes this

#73 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13136 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

The friendly fire from family is a challenge. My two sisters are Mombies and think nothing of giving me assvice like "just relax" or "it's not meant to be" but when I protest and point out their insensitivity, I am portrayed as the bad guy.

It's a one-way street.
  • Duck, Vetter, Highest hopes and 1 other like this

#74 frostedlemon

frostedlemon
  • 1000+
  • 1989 posts
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility Clinic

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:56 PM

It's always hard to have sympathy for other people when you're not feeling it yourself. It's easy to tell a depressed person to "snap out of it" when you feel fine, or to tell someone in a bad relationship to dump the jerk already but when you're that person and feeling those feelings, it's totally different. And IF is something that I think people who haven't experienced it have a lot of trouble understanding the really deep feelings of. I know I certainly had trouble before I felt it myself - I didn't understand how anyone could take someone else getting pregnant easily personally when it's clearly not about them... right up until I did. And I'm not a negative person at all, and I hated being that person, but it's what it does to you and other people don't get it.

Not that I'm excusing it, but I get it. I think it's made me be a lot more accepting of other people's feelings as being valid even if I don't fully understand what or why they feel that way. It would be nice if others who give us grief over what we feel would do the same.
  • Vetter, gibasgirl and Highest hopes like this

#75 impatient

impatient
  • Cyclebase
  • 2816 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:public adoption

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

So true, frostedlemon. I can tolerate the lack of understanding from people who haven't ever experienced it. I find it much harder though when friends who HAVE experienced infertility suddenly have success and then choose to forget how hard it was. I even have one friend who completely dropped me once she had her baby.

Maybe it's a coping mechanism to distance themselves or get amnesia ... who knows?
  • Vetter and gibasgirl like this
Me: 41, DH: 44
TTC: since Jan, 2008 (age 34)

DH: Low morphology, low count. Me: Stage 2-3 endometriosis, non-functional fallopian tubes, small fibroids, low AFC, low poor responder ... anything else?

Jun 2008-Sep 2011 in a nutshell: One HSG, one very traumatic office hysteroscopy, one operative laparoscopy, three fresh IVF/ICSI cycles, one chemical, one early miscarriage, two tubal recanalizations, five IUIs (3 with Clomid).

May 2010 - Aug 2011 Attempted adoption application process through the BC MCFD. Aug 2011 Signed up with a private agency. On both waiting lists as of Apr 2012. Proposal through MCFD Jul 2012. Aug 2012 - Finally ... she's home and we're a family! : )

Adoption application #2 started Aug 2013. DD2 placed May 2014, finalized Feb 2015!

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
Thomas Edison