• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Harris6679

Harris6679
  • 15 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Montreal Fertility Clinic

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

My mother pressured me into having my tubes clamped when I was 23 I will now be 33 at the end of april. My wife and I want to have a child but I don't know if a tubal reversal is covered in Quebec does anyone know if this is covered. If not witll IVF be covered I never wanted my tubes clamped I wanted children. My wife is 45 and we would like to have a child soon can anyone here help me with these questions. thank you
DW 46, Me 33
Starting IVF January 2013
Taking Time to lose weight and prepare

#2 GratefulMommy

GratefulMommy
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:MFC

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:39 AM

Hi Sandra,
I think that you would qualify for the funded IVF, but, if you call the clinic, they will be able to tell you for sure.
Good luck!
Where do I start?

I have an irregularly shaped uterus, I have had a uterine septum removed, I have an endocervical folds that are most probably causing persistent fluid in my uterus, I had chronic endometritis for over a year, a luteal phase defect, I had two dermoid cysts (benign tumours the size of oranges) on my ovaries removed, I am MTHFR heterozygous, and have been told that I may have an "egg quality" issue.You name it, I've got it :(

Miracle DS born December 2008

December 2009: TTC#2

June 2010: Started at McGill. Transferred to Montreal Reproductive Center- had a horrible experience Switched to Montreal Fertility Center- So happy there!

IVF #1-
short protocolER: April 21/11- 8 eggs, 7 mature 5 embryosOn day 3: 4x4 cell grade 2 and 1x2 cell grade 15 day transfer of 1 blast on April 26/11 (two surprise blast frosties)
Beta on May 6/11. BFN :(

June 2011: On the waiting list for adoption from South Korea

July 2011:Persistent chronic endometritis (endometrial inflammation from a complication post c-section) finally cured!

FET #1:
September 8th 2011- transfer of 2 blasts
Beta on September 19/11 BFN :(

IVF #2-
short protocol againER: Oct. 5/11- 13 eggs collected, 11 mature and fertilized2DPER- : 11 embryos were grades 2&3 and 2,3,4 and 5 cells
Oct. 10/11 5 day transfer of 1 blast.
Two blast frosties
Beta on October 20/11 BFN :(

Consultation @OVO- October 2011.
Re-consulted @McGill. Staying with MFC for now.

Operative hysteroscopy with Dr. M on February 23, 2012 to hopefully remove and endocervical cyst or polyp. --- no cyst or polyp, but endocervical folds were found that are most probably damage from a cerclage from my previous pregnancy. The folds cannot be removed but should not effect implantation.

Phone consult booked with Dr. Librach, a reproductive immunologist, to explore possible immune issues. (Feb. 16, 2012) rescheduled for February 28th, 2012. Dr. Librach said that I most probably have immune issue based on my history and symptoms. With next transfer I will be:-Having an intralipid infusion,-using steroids-Using baby aspirin-Praying that it works!And traveling back and forth from Toronto for treatments along with cycling at MFC.

FET #2
Started Estrace April 9, 2012
Estimated transfer date: April 26, 2012
CYCLE CANCELLED- lining didn't look right even though it grew but only after 16 days

FET #3 (actually FET #2 Take 2)Started Estrace May 9th, 2012- lining not cooperating again :(Cycle cancelled again.

This was our last try before going down a new path...I'm done. My body and soul can't take this anymore.

May 2012: Looking into surrogacy.
June 2012: Now looking for a surrogate
Sept 2012: We may have found the most wonderful surrogate! Keep your fingers crossed after so much heartache (after contacting over 250 surrogates and getting close with about 4 before all contact stopped?)

May 2012: It looks like it is going to be at least 4 more years. Adoption from South Korea has slowed down.

September 2012: South Korea waiting list closed because there are no proposed children. Hopefully things will pick up.

On the waiting list for adoption from Kazakhstan ( looking at a probable 2 year wait.)

October 2012: Called to sign a contract with Alliance Des Familles du Quebec. In Shock! Might be adopting from Kazakstan earlier than anticipated!

November 2012: Waiting for my surrogate to have her sonohystogram.Signed contract with Alliance Des Familles du Quebec and opened file with SAI.

Starting home study in January 2013.So, right now, it seems like its always all or nothing! Pursuing surrogacy (in the screening stage/pre-contract) and international adoption from Kazakhstan. I'm praying that we will choose the right path. I'm so conflicted and don't know what to do.

Adoption process on pause.

Surrogacy journey: Amazing surrogate passed psych and cleared medically. We will be meeting with dr. M to make plan.

May 2013: Getting ready for FET in a May. I high quality blast to my surrogate. BFN

Took the summer 2013 off.

November 2013: Ovarian stimulation -7 follicles. Only 1 egg :( Possible ET to GS Friday November 29, 2013. NOPE. EGG was abnormal.

April 4, 2014: Last cycle with incredible surrogate ended with a BFN

April 28, 2014: Submitted file for home study. Collecting documents to complete my file.

August 2014: Still waiting for home study...

Starting home study soon! Stay tuned...

#3 Melissa25

Melissa25
  • Global 100+
  • 489 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Montreal fertility centre

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:05 AM

Hi there. I don't know for certain, but I wouldnt think the procedure would be covered, only because it is an "elective" procedure. IVF will be covered for you though. But I agree with Lisa, call the clinic and ask :)
Me: 25 years old, PCOS
Hubby: 30, no problems

IUI 1: August with Femara, HCG shot and metformin. No luck

IUI 2: September with Femara, HCG and metformin. No luck again

Cycle 3: Femara, HCG, timed intercourse due to Thanksgiving. Nothing

IUI 3: November with Femara, HCG, metformin. Still no luck

December 2010: Clinic closed over Christmas

January 2011: Sitting out this one due to a cyst

February 2011: Ultrasound still shows a cyst, another cycle out :(

IVF 1: beginning medication mid March for our first IVF
Egg retreival April 10. Only 5 eggs retrieved and only 2 mature! Both fertilized but neither divided :( No ET.

IVF 2:
Egg retrieval August 2. 18 eggs retrieved, but only 8 mature with 6 fertilized.
Embryo transfer August 5. Woohoo! One 8-cell Grade 1 embie put in. *fingers crossed*
BFN!

IVF 3:
Egg retrieval: October 13th. 18 eggs retrieved, 13 mature, 12 fertilized.
Embryo transfer: October 18th. One "beautiful" blast put back in.
BFP!!!!!
Beta 1: 10dp5dt......119
Beta 2: 13dp5dt......275 (clinic concerned that it did not double in exactly 48 hours, so third beta scheduled)
Beta 3: 15dp5dt......758 Thank you God! Still in the game!
Ultrasound #1: Nov. 11, 2011 (6w1d) Saw heart flickers.
Ultrasound #2: Nov. 18, 2011 (7w1d) Baby measures 7 weeks (9.7mm) HB 126. Cervix only measuring 3.4cm?
Ultrasound #3: Nov. 29, 2011 (8w5d) Baby measures 8w4days (19.9mm) HB 185. Cervix normal!
OB appointment: Dec 19, 2011:
NT Scan: Dec 22, 2011:

Lilypie Maternity tickers

#4 Harris6679

Harris6679
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

what clinic will be closes to me im in Gatineau..... thank you
DW 46, Me 33

#5 MB.

MB.
  • Global 100+
  • 764 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:56 PM

Your family doctor should be able to give you referrals to any local clinics. I would recommend that you go in to see at least two different clinics to get their opinion and to see which was a better fit for you.

#6 Harris6679

Harris6679
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

thank you from what im reading im intreasted in montreal and if we need to move there we will
DW 46, Me 33

#7 Melissa25

Melissa25
  • Global 100+
  • 489 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Montreal fertility centre

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

I am in Gatineau as well, and Montreal is the closest. We had to do the drive there MANY times while doing treatment. There are a few different clinics in Montreal. We cycles at the Montreal Fertility Clinic. The good thing about this place is that there is no waiting list! Or at least not when I was there, or not that I have heard. So you would be able to begin treatments sooner. Then there is McGill, which will have a waiting list. There is OVO Fertility Clinic, which I think may have a waiting list, but I am not sure. And lastly there is Montreal Reproductive Clinic. From what I have heard from others experiences, Montreal Fertility Clinic and OVO are the best ones. I enjoyed my experience at Montreal Fertility Clinic, and havent had any personal experience at any of the other clinics. Hope that helps.
Me: 25 years old, PCOS
Hubby: 30, no problems

IUI 1: August with Femara, HCG shot and metformin. No luck

IUI 2: September with Femara, HCG and metformin. No luck again

Cycle 3: Femara, HCG, timed intercourse due to Thanksgiving. Nothing

IUI 3: November with Femara, HCG, metformin. Still no luck

December 2010: Clinic closed over Christmas

January 2011: Sitting out this one due to a cyst

February 2011: Ultrasound still shows a cyst, another cycle out :(

IVF 1: beginning medication mid March for our first IVF
Egg retreival April 10. Only 5 eggs retrieved and only 2 mature! Both fertilized but neither divided :( No ET.

IVF 2:
Egg retrieval August 2. 18 eggs retrieved, but only 8 mature with 6 fertilized.
Embryo transfer August 5. Woohoo! One 8-cell Grade 1 embie put in. *fingers crossed*
BFN!

IVF 3:
Egg retrieval: October 13th. 18 eggs retrieved, 13 mature, 12 fertilized.
Embryo transfer: October 18th. One "beautiful" blast put back in.
BFP!!!!!
Beta 1: 10dp5dt......119
Beta 2: 13dp5dt......275 (clinic concerned that it did not double in exactly 48 hours, so third beta scheduled)
Beta 3: 15dp5dt......758 Thank you God! Still in the game!
Ultrasound #1: Nov. 11, 2011 (6w1d) Saw heart flickers.
Ultrasound #2: Nov. 18, 2011 (7w1d) Baby measures 7 weeks (9.7mm) HB 126. Cervix only measuring 3.4cm?
Ultrasound #3: Nov. 29, 2011 (8w5d) Baby measures 8w4days (19.9mm) HB 185. Cervix normal!
OB appointment: Dec 19, 2011:
NT Scan: Dec 22, 2011:

Lilypie Maternity tickers

#8 Harris6679

Harris6679
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

Thank you very much. that is great info. We are disscussing moving to Montreal so we can go there. we are so excited and want to have everything in place and ready to go asap. we are working on alot of healthy living things now as well. Weight loss , I quit smoking woohoo for me. My wife doesnt smoke so that is good. healthy foods, and Im going to start taking prenatal vitamins now. any other suggestions we would be so grateful for thank you all.
DW 46, Me 33