Anyone currently cycling in MFC? - Page 2 - Montreal Fertility Centre - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone currently cycling in MFC?

• Please log in to reply
2947 replies to this topic

#26 Lucretia

Lucretia
  • Cyclebase
  • 623 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

I think they went on vacation around 10th of June last year so you will have enough time to cycle, but you may want to call the clinic and find out to be sure. If you start around May 4th you will have enough time for a cycle, it won't take longer than 17-18 days at most and then you can do the beta in any clinic or just POAS like crazy (me :D )
I am doing fine, being extremely lazy, good thing a friend of mine came to see me today to put on some clothes, because I've been in PJs for longer than I wanna confess :D

#27 Lucretia

Lucretia
  • Cyclebase
  • 623 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

hahha, Lisa, we posted at the same time.
Maybe there is a good reason why AF is not showing up??? Posted Image Posted Image

#28 Chellie85

Chellie85
  • Global 100+
  • 151 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Montreal fertility center

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

How are you all doing on this beautiful long weekend? We went to dh's friends BBQ last night. Most couples were there with young children or were pregnant...and of course everyone was asking us when we were going to have a baby. I hate that question!!!! We always say "oh you know...we're trying", but it's been 1.5 years that we've been telling people that. I'm pretty open about my fertility problems with close friends and family, but I don't really want the whole world knowing.

Lucretia-1 more sleep until testing time. Im sending you lots of baby dust and I hope you bring us some happy news :)
Me-28 dh-33
TTC: 2010
DX: PCOS/mild mfi
3 failed iui (femara 7.5)
Ivf/icsi 1:May 2012 ER 12 eggs. 8 fertilized. ET 1 9 cell 3dt- BFN
Ivf/icsi 2:Sept 2012 ER 21 eggs. 12 fertilized. ET 1 8 cell 3dt- BFN
Ivf/icsi 3:Feb 2013 ER 11 eggs. 4 fertilized. No blasts. Cycle cancelled
Ivf/icsi 4:Sept 2013 ER 21 eggs. 15 fertilized. ET 2 blasts -BFP!!! EDD may 27 2014
Beta #1 9/18: 618Beta #2 9/20: 1237
U/S oct 2: It's TWINS

#29 GratefulMommy

GratefulMommy
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:MFC

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:06 AM

Hi Ladies. AF showed up today. I go in on Tuesday morning for my CD 4 scan. Let's hope that everything is ok to go forward!

Chellie, I know how you feel. I'm going through secondary infertility, but constantly get asked, "When are you having your second? It's best not to wait too long... Don't you want your son to grow up with a playmate... You don't want your son to be an only child do you? he'll be all alone once you and your husband pass away... Let me tell you, everyone has an opinion. I always say, when the time is right, or I answer by my youngest sister and I are 6 years apart, and we are best friends now, I'm enjoying my time with my son. But in reality I want to respond, well, I've been trying since my son turned 1 and I've gone through almost 2 years of fertility treatments, so back off! But like you, only a few close family members and very close friends know about my fertility treatments.
Lucretia, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!
Have a great Easter ladies!
Where do I start?

I have an irregularly shaped uterus, I have had a uterine septum removed, I have an endocervical folds that are most probably causing persistent fluid in my uterus, I had chronic endometritis for over a year, a luteal phase defect, I had two dermoid cysts (benign tumours the size of oranges) on my ovaries removed, I am MTHFR heterozygous, and have been told that I may have an "egg quality" issue.You name it, I've got it :(

Miracle DS born December 2008

December 2009: TTC#2

June 2010: Started at McGill. Transferred to Montreal Reproductive Center- had a horrible experience Switched to Montreal Fertility Center- So happy there!

IVF #1-
short protocolER: April 21/11- 8 eggs, 7 mature 5 embryosOn day 3: 4x4 cell grade 2 and 1x2 cell grade 15 day transfer of 1 blast on April 26/11 (two surprise blast frosties)
Beta on May 6/11. BFN :(

June 2011: On the waiting list for adoption from South Korea

July 2011:Persistent chronic endometritis (endometrial inflammation from a complication post c-section) finally cured!

FET #1:
September 8th 2011- transfer of 2 blasts
Beta on September 19/11 BFN :(

IVF #2-
short protocol againER: Oct. 5/11- 13 eggs collected, 11 mature and fertilized2DPER- : 11 embryos were grades 2&3 and 2,3,4 and 5 cells
Oct. 10/11 5 day transfer of 1 blast.
Two blast frosties
Beta on October 20/11 BFN :(

Consultation @OVO- October 2011.
Re-consulted @McGill. Staying with MFC for now.

Operative hysteroscopy with Dr. M on February 23, 2012 to hopefully remove and endocervical cyst or polyp. --- no cyst or polyp, but endocervical folds were found that are most probably damage from a cerclage from my previous pregnancy. The folds cannot be removed but should not effect implantation.

Phone consult booked with Dr. Librach, a reproductive immunologist, to explore possible immune issues. (Feb. 16, 2012) rescheduled for February 28th, 2012. Dr. Librach said that I most probably have immune issue based on my history and symptoms. With next transfer I will be:-Having an intralipid infusion,-using steroids-Using baby aspirin-Praying that it works!And traveling back and forth from Toronto for treatments along with cycling at MFC.

FET #2
Started Estrace April 9, 2012
Estimated transfer date: April 26, 2012
CYCLE CANCELLED- lining didn't look right even though it grew but only after 16 days

FET #3 (actually FET #2 Take 2)Started Estrace May 9th, 2012- lining not cooperating again :(Cycle cancelled again.

This was our last try before going down a new path...I'm done. My body and soul can't take this anymore.

May 2012: Looking into surrogacy.
June 2012: Now looking for a surrogate
Sept 2012: We may have found the most wonderful surrogate! Keep your fingers crossed after so much heartache (after contacting over 250 surrogates and getting close with about 4 before all contact stopped?)

May 2012: It looks like it is going to be at least 4 more years. Adoption from South Korea has slowed down.

September 2012: South Korea waiting list closed because there are no proposed children. Hopefully things will pick up.

On the waiting list for adoption from Kazakhstan ( looking at a probable 2 year wait.)

October 2012: Called to sign a contract with Alliance Des Familles du Quebec. In Shock! Might be adopting from Kazakstan earlier than anticipated!

November 2012: Waiting for my surrogate to have her sonohystogram.Signed contract with Alliance Des Familles du Quebec and opened file with SAI.

Starting home study in January 2013.So, right now, it seems like its always all or nothing! Pursuing surrogacy (in the screening stage/pre-contract) and international adoption from Kazakhstan. I'm praying that we will choose the right path. I'm so conflicted and don't know what to do.

Adoption process on pause.

Surrogacy journey: Amazing surrogate passed psych and cleared medically. We will be meeting with dr. M to make plan.

May 2013: Getting ready for FET in a May. I high quality blast to my surrogate. BFN

Took the summer 2013 off.

November 2013: Ovarian stimulation -7 follicles. Only 1 egg :( Possible ET to GS Friday November 29, 2013. NOPE. EGG was abnormal.

April 4, 2014: Last cycle with incredible surrogate ended with a BFN

April 28, 2014: Submitted file for home study. Collecting documents to complete my file.

August 2014: Still waiting for home study...

Starting home study soon! Stay tuned...

#30 Chellie85

Chellie85
  • Global 100+
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

Lisa-yay!!! Af showed up!!! I'm so happy for you :)

Af showed up for me this morning, too. Weird though, because af just finished last Saturday. I'm thinking it could be from the high levels of estrogen they found (said it was from the cyst). I'm debating calling or just waiting until the end of the month to take provera.

Me-28 dh-33
Ivf/icsi 4:Sept 2013 ER 21 eggs. 15 fertilized. ET 2 blasts -BFP!!! EDD may 27 2014

#31 GratefulMommy

GratefulMommy
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

Maybe call and ask a nurse if you should go in for a scan.
Where do I start?

I have an irregularly shaped uterus, I have had a uterine septum removed, I have an endocervical folds that are most probably causing persistent fluid in my uterus, I had chronic endometritis for over a year, a luteal phase defect, I had two dermoid cysts (benign tumours the size of oranges) on my ovaries removed, I am MTHFR heterozygous, and have been told that I may have an "egg quality" issue.You name it, I've got it :(

June 2010: Started at McGill. Transferred to Montreal Reproductive Center- had a horrible experience Switched to Montreal Fertility Center- So happy there!

IVF #1-
short protocolER: April 21/11- 8 eggs, 7 mature 5 embryosOn day 3: 4x4 cell grade 2 and 1x2 cell grade 15 day transfer of 1 blast on April 26/11 (two surprise blast frosties)

July 2011:Persistent chronic endometritis (endometrial inflammation from a complication post c-section) finally cured!

FET #1:

IVF #2-
short protocol againER: Oct. 5/11- 13 eggs collected, 11 mature and fertilized2DPER- : 11 embryos were grades 2&3 and 2,3,4 and 5 cells
Two blast frosties

Operative hysteroscopy with Dr. M on February 23, 2012 to hopefully remove and endocervical cyst or polyp. --- no cyst or polyp, but endocervical folds were found that are most probably damage from a cerclage from my previous pregnancy. The folds cannot be removed but should not effect implantation.

Phone consult booked with Dr. Librach, a reproductive immunologist, to explore possible immune issues. (Feb. 16, 2012) rescheduled for February 28th, 2012. Dr. Librach said that I most probably have immune issue based on my history and symptoms. With next transfer I will be:-Having an intralipid infusion,-using steroids-Using baby aspirin-Praying that it works!And traveling back and forth from Toronto for treatments along with cycling at MFC.

FET #2
CYCLE CANCELLED- lining didn't look right even though it grew but only after 16 days

FET #3 (actually FET #2 Take 2)Started Estrace May 9th, 2012- lining not cooperating again :(Cycle cancelled again.

This was our last try before going down a new path...I'm done. My body and soul can't take this anymore.

Sept 2012: We may have found the most wonderful surrogate! Keep your fingers crossed after so much heartache (after contacting over 250 surrogates and getting close with about 4 before all contact stopped?)

May 2012: It looks like it is going to be at least 4 more years. Adoption from South Korea has slowed down.

September 2012: South Korea waiting list closed because there are no proposed children. Hopefully things will pick up.

On the waiting list for adoption from Kazakhstan ( looking at a probable 2 year wait.)

October 2012: Called to sign a contract with Alliance Des Familles du Quebec. In Shock! Might be adopting from Kazakstan earlier than anticipated!

November 2012: Waiting for my surrogate to have her sonohystogram.Signed contract with Alliance Des Familles du Quebec and opened file with SAI.

Starting home study in January 2013.So, right now, it seems like its always all or nothing! Pursuing surrogacy (in the screening stage/pre-contract) and international adoption from Kazakhstan. I'm praying that we will choose the right path. I'm so conflicted and don't know what to do.

Surrogacy journey: Amazing surrogate passed psych and cleared medically. We will be meeting with dr. M to make plan.

May 2013: Getting ready for FET in a May. I high quality blast to my surrogate. BFN

November 2013: Ovarian stimulation -7 follicles. Only 1 egg :( Possible ET to GS Friday November 29, 2013. NOPE. EGG was abnormal.

April 28, 2014: Submitted file for home study. Collecting documents to complete my file.

#32 Lucretia

Lucretia
  • Cyclebase
  • 623 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

hi ladies, thanks for the crossed fingers and the baby dust, but HPT comes negative today 7dp5dt. I am trying to wrap my head around the fact that we have transferred a textbook perfect, expanded blast this time around and it is negative while I was pregnant last year with inferior quality blast. I am trying to figure out what questions I am going to ask Dr M when I see him, because I really don't know what will work for us if not a blast of such quality. Well, there is something positive that comes of this negative - no fear of impending m/c or ectopic pregnancy :)

Congrats that things are finally moving on, Lisa. Hopefully, you will have a green light to start the FET this month!

Chellie, Lisa is right, just leave a message and they will call you tomorrow and tell you what to do.

It really sucks to be asked when will you have a baby especially after you have found out that you need ART to get pregnant, because nothing is in your hands. My closest friends who know that we've lost our baby don't ask me this question, but to other insensitive people I just say - well, we are waiting for something to happen to you and take care of your baby, or, my Dh is too busy working, maybe lend me your husband to help me with the baby-making. I know it is mean, but I refuse to feel bad because of other people's ignorance!

Hope you are having a nice weekend, ladies!

#33 GratefulMommy

GratefulMommy
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

Hugs Lucretia. It is still very early though. And, some people never test positive on a HPT before their beta.
I hope that Dr. M can give you some insight into your cycle...but most of the time it's just plain luck. The right embryo at the right time in the right uterus. I have had consult after consult with my failed cycles and have not found any answers. Even after second, third, fouth and fifth opinions all of the doctors are not able to say.
Try to stay positive, 7dp5dt is still early...
Where do I start?

IVF #1-

FET #1:

IVF #2-
Two blast frosties

FET #2

#34 Chellie85

Chellie85
  • Global 100+
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

I'm so sorry about the negative hpt, Lucretia. Like Lisa said, it's still very early. You're still not out :)

Af is more of a spotting today. I've decided to just wait it out. I have a feeling my lining won't be thin enough anyways.

My boss knows about my treatments. I work at a daycare with only 9 other girls and it's not easy to just take time off. She asked me if I could have relations after the Et so I could feel like my dh and I made our baby. I was so shocked. I just told here I was super excited to have a test tube/ alien baby. She never said anything after that. Hehe.

Happy Easter :)
Me-28 dh-33

#35 Lucretia

Lucretia
  • Cyclebase
  • 623 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

Thanks, ladies. I know 7dp5dt could be a bit early, but I don't feel pregnant at all. I guess I will keep POAS and hope for a miracle...Lisa, this is what really scares my, that no one is able to give answers. If a 4AA blast won't work, what am I going to hope for? That next cycle if we have a 4AA it will work out differently? Anyway. Good thing is that we went today to a BBQ party with friends and I didn't feel any different than before between their kids. I still like to play with them and still like talking to pregnant women about babies :) I thought I will have a mental breakdown like some other people that I know who cant stand being around pg women.
Chellie, I love what you've told your boss, too bad I can't use the "alien baby" part because my husband doesn't want anyone except our immediate family to know about our problems. Keep it like that and never feel bad because of other people, your time to be a mother will come!

#36 Lucretia

Lucretia
  • Cyclebase
  • 623 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

Lisa, how did the u/s go today? Are you moving forward with the FET?
I am going for my beta tomorrow but it will be 0..

#37 GratefulMommy

GratefulMommy
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

I started my Estrace today. Estimated ET day is April 26th. I'm going for my intralipid infusion in Toronto on Friday April 20th.
Good luck tomorrow Lucretia.
Where do I start?

IVF #1-

FET #1:

IVF #2-
Two blast frosties

FET #2

#38 Lucretia

Lucretia
  • Cyclebase
  • 623 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

hi ladies,
my beta is negative as expected, but apparently the 3 "potential" blasts that we had on ET day made it to the freezer. I was about to fall from the chair when Bonnie told me today. I expected to have nothing frozen since no one called me after ET and yesterday I sat DH to chart a new IVF strategy, but well, there was something good today. And not that I have that much faith in FET, but that we could actually produce more than one blast per cycle.
Lisa, if you dont mind me asking, how old are you (PM me if you prefer). I wonder if I have any chance to convince Dr M for 2 embryos FET and should I try at all. I am 34. Did you do anything special to prepare for FET - food, yoga, acupuncture, supplements? Do you have any info for the MFC's FET thaw success rates? I think they use cryo, not vitrification for freezing, right? thanks in advance!
Chellie, how are you doing?

#39 Chellie85

Chellie85
  • Global 100+
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

Lucretia- I'm sorry to hear about your negative beta, but 3 blasts!! That's great news!!! When do you plan on doing your fet?

I'm doing alright. Spotting stopped. Impatiently waiting for the 20th to start provera.
Me-28 dh-33

#40 GratefulMommy

GratefulMommy
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

So sorry to hear that Lucretia. Hugs.
I'm 35 but have uterus problems. I think thats why he has agreed to put two frozen blasts. I know that he was against putting 2 for my fresh transfer (3rd try). I know that you got pregnant with ivf before, so I'm not sure if Dr. M. would transfer two. You could ask to see what he says.
I don't know the success rates for FETs. I know that it is lower than fresh IVFs. You are right, they cryopreserve and not vitrify.

Chellie, the 20th is not that far away!

Where do I start?

IVF #1-

FET #1:

IVF #2-
Two blast frosties

FET #2

#41 Lucretia

Lucretia
  • Cyclebase
  • 623 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

Thanks for the support,ladies! The 3 frosties definitely softened the blow of the BFN. I am staring right away with the FET, because if Dr M doesn't agree on 2 blasts transfer for one of the cycles I'll end up dragging out cycles with low expectancy success rate for too long and then I have two more fresh cycles left before I can convince hubby to go for out of the province cycle where I can transfer as many as I want. I've decided not to bother Dr M with an appointment before CD3, when hopefully he will have some time to answer my questions.
I really wish the three of us will have good news by the end of May :) :)

#42 GratefulMommy

GratefulMommy
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

Hi Lucretia, do you know if your embryos were frozen together? Usually they freeze two together in hopes that at least one makes it through. Your FETs might not be dragged out if they were all frozen together. If you call the MFC they should be able to tell you if the three embryos were frozen together or separately.

I agree that we all need good news in May!!!
Where do I start?

IVF #1-

FET #1:

IVF #2-
Two blast frosties

FET #2

#43 judes

judes
  • Cyclebase
  • 1053 posts
  • My Clinic:Montreal Fertility Centre

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:38 AM

Hey everyone!

I see we have a new thread on here. Just dropping in to say hi.

Lucretia - sorry to hear about your BFN, FX your FET works out :)

Me: 34 Him: 35
Married since 2006 TTC ever since
Diagnosis: PCOS 

For complete history, see about me.

IVF 1.3
12/26 - Mackenzie born 7:54 am, 6 lbs 3 oz

wFsTm5.png

2013 - Project sibling

IVF 2.1

4/17 - consult - Project sibling is a go.  same protocol as last time pending bloodwork and sonohysterogram. 

Projected beginning of cycle - August 2013.

5/8 - sonohysterogram: tubes clear, no residual placental tissue, ovaries still polycystic. Green light to cycle when ready.

8/9 - baseline scan. begin meds, 150 puregon, 50 menopur

8/13 - add orgalutran

8/18 - trigger half ovidrel, half hcg

8/20 - ER - 17 retrieved. 8/21 - 8 mature, 7 fertilised

8/23 - ET - One 8-cell grade 2 embryo transfered

8/26 - One embaby made it to the freezer!

9/1 - HPT - BFP!!!!

9/5 - Beta - 295!

9/9 - Beta - 1550!

9/18 - we have a heartbeat. Little Shrimp is 4.5mm and heart is beating at 109 bpm

10/25 - Turns out Little Shrimp is actually Little Shrimps! We had identical twins! Twin A 174 bpm, Twin B 183 bpm. Both measuring 11wks + 4 days

11/1 - NT scan. 1.5 and 1.6mm. Twins both measuring 12wks + 5 days, 2 days ahead.

Week 24 - put on modified bed rest due to softening of the cervix

Week 27 - hospitalised with pre-term contractions

Week 29 - put on strict bed rest

Seamus and Ronan born March 13 at 31 weeks and 2 days

Ronan came home April 7 and Seamus came home April 11.

SFCBm4.png

My blog - Geeky.Mama.Life

My YouTube channel - Geeky Mama Life

My day in the life vlog - Geeky.Mama.Vlogs

#44 Lucretia

Lucretia
  • Cyclebase
  • 623 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

hi Judes, glad to hear you are back in the game!! Hopefully 3rd time is a charm (that is what I am hoping for as well! :) )

Lisa, thanks for the tips, I left a VM at the clinic to find out, because last week Bonnie told me that the 3 embies were frozen on day 5, while Dr M said during the ET that they will wait to freeze them to day 6 if at all. AF is taking forever again, 4 days after I stopped PIO she is still a no show, I bet she is planning to ruin my weekend.

#45 GratefulMommy

GratefulMommy
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:06 PM

Lucretia, it always took me 4-5 days after stopping PIO shots. Hopefully AF will come soon!
Hi Judes, it's great to see you back! Good luck on Monday!
How are you holding up Chellie?
Have a nice weekend ladies!
Where do I start?

IVF #1-

FET #1:

IVF #2-
Two blast frosties

FET #2

#46 Lucretia

Lucretia
  • Cyclebase
  • 623 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

Thanks, Lisa, have a nice weekend yourself!
Judes, I will be in the clinic on Monday morning, we might bump into each other after your ER :)

#47 judes

judes
  • Cyclebase
  • 1053 posts
  • My Clinic:Montreal Fertility Centre

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

Hi ladies,

So I had my ER today. It was very painful, but we got 13 eggs out of it. We'll know how many were mature and how many fertilised tomorrow.

I also finally got to speak to Dr. M. and he said he had no objections if I wanted to hold out for a day 5 transfer. He left a note to that effect in my file. I can't believe that out of 13 there is not a single one that can make it that far.

How are you all doing? How did your appointment go Lucretia?

Me: 34 Him: 35
Married since 2006 TTC ever since
Diagnosis: PCOS 

For complete history, see about me.

IVF 1.3
12/26 - Mackenzie born 7:54 am, 6 lbs 3 oz

wFsTm5.png

2013 - Project sibling

IVF 2.1

4/17 - consult - Project sibling is a go.  same protocol as last time pending bloodwork and sonohysterogram. 

Projected beginning of cycle - August 2013.

5/8 - sonohysterogram: tubes clear, no residual placental tissue, ovaries still polycystic. Green light to cycle when ready.

8/9 - baseline scan. begin meds, 150 puregon, 50 menopur

8/13 - add orgalutran

8/18 - trigger half ovidrel, half hcg

8/20 - ER - 17 retrieved. 8/21 - 8 mature, 7 fertilised

8/23 - ET - One 8-cell grade 2 embryo transfered

8/26 - One embaby made it to the freezer!

9/1 - HPT - BFP!!!!

9/5 - Beta - 295!

9/9 - Beta - 1550!

9/18 - we have a heartbeat. Little Shrimp is 4.5mm and heart is beating at 109 bpm

10/25 - Turns out Little Shrimp is actually Little Shrimps! We had identical twins! Twin A 174 bpm, Twin B 183 bpm. Both measuring 11wks + 4 days

11/1 - NT scan. 1.5 and 1.6mm. Twins both measuring 12wks + 5 days, 2 days ahead.

Week 24 - put on modified bed rest due to softening of the cervix

Week 27 - hospitalised with pre-term contractions

Week 29 - put on strict bed rest

Seamus and Ronan born March 13 at 31 weeks and 2 days

Ronan came home April 7 and Seamus came home April 11.

SFCBm4.png

My blog - Geeky.Mama.Life

My YouTube channel - Geeky Mama Life

My day in the life vlog - Geeky.Mama.Vlogs

#48 Lucretia

Lucretia
  • Cyclebase
  • 623 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

Judes, 13 is a great number. We also retrieved 13 last month and I had 4 blasts, so FX you have at least 1 beautiful healthy embryo to transfer on Saturday!

AFM, I am pretty discouraged after today's meeting with Dr M, I actually spoke with DR O as well, and neither of them wanted to tell me how many are they going to transfer for the FET. They said that depends on how are the embryos frozen - together or in different straws (it is most likely they are in separate straws), but they didn't have the information in my file. Dr O said that the problem is that I am too young. How is 34 young I have no idea? I have the feeling they are going for one and considering the statistics with slow-freeze FET I don't think I will be pregnant any time soon :( I am starting Estrace today and hoping for a transfer at the beginning of May. If I can't do a second FET before they go on vacation I think I'll use every possible argument to convince hubby to go for out-of-province cycle in June-July...

#49 GratefulMommy

GratefulMommy
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

Judes, I'm so glad that you got so many eggs! Fingers crossed that they all divide!!!
Lucretia, I'm sorry that the appointment didn't go that well. I'll keep my fingers crossed that all goes well and that you don't even need to think about the next cycle. IVF worked for you once, I'm very optimistic that it I'll work for you this time around.

AFM, I'm still taking Estrace. I'm concerned that I may have ovulated though. I had lots of cervical mucus and now there is none. I guess I'll find out on Thursday morning. I hope that everything is ok. I'm not sure how many more times I can do this.
Where do I start?

IVF #1-

FET #1:

IVF #2-
Two blast frosties

FET #2

#50 Lucretia

Lucretia
  • Cyclebase
  • 623 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

Thanks, dear Lisa. I hope you are right!
As for your ovulation, is it possible that the mucus is from the Estrace, not from ovulation ( I had mucus in my 2ww this month vs last year's 2ww - no estrace, no mucus)? And also, if you have ovulated, does this mean that the uterine lining will start thinning? It is scary how much information we are lacking and this is causing additional stress :( FX that everything will be ok on your Thursday's u/s.
Chellie, how are you holding up? A few more days to 20th :)