• Please log in to reply
2947 replies to this topic

#1 Lucretia

Lucretia
  • Cyclebase
  • 623 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:23 AM

Is there anyone currently cycling in Montreal Fertility Centre?
I would love to chat with others who are also in the clinic!
  • Sophiemarie likes this

#2 GratefulMommy

GratefulMommy
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:MFC

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:52 AM

Hi Lucretia,
I meet with Dr. M. On March 26th and my next step is a FET.
Lisa
Where do I start?

I have an irregularly shaped uterus, I have had a uterine septum removed, I have an endocervical folds that are most probably causing persistent fluid in my uterus, I had chronic endometritis for over a year, a luteal phase defect, I had two dermoid cysts (benign tumours the size of oranges) on my ovaries removed, I am MTHFR heterozygous, and have been told that I may have an "egg quality" issue.You name it, I've got it :(

Miracle DS born December 2008

December 2009: TTC#2

June 2010: Started at McGill. Transferred to Montreal Reproductive Center- had a horrible experience Switched to Montreal Fertility Center- So happy there!

IVF #1-
short protocolER: April 21/11- 8 eggs, 7 mature 5 embryosOn day 3: 4x4 cell grade 2 and 1x2 cell grade 15 day transfer of 1 blast on April 26/11 (two surprise blast frosties)
Beta on May 6/11. BFN :(

June 2011: On the waiting list for adoption from South Korea

July 2011:Persistent chronic endometritis (endometrial inflammation from a complication post c-section) finally cured!

FET #1:
September 8th 2011- transfer of 2 blasts
Beta on September 19/11 BFN :(

IVF #2-
short protocol againER: Oct. 5/11- 13 eggs collected, 11 mature and fertilized2DPER- : 11 embryos were grades 2&3 and 2,3,4 and 5 cells
Oct. 10/11 5 day transfer of 1 blast.
Two blast frosties
Beta on October 20/11 BFN :(

Consultation @OVO- October 2011.
Re-consulted @McGill. Staying with MFC for now.

Operative hysteroscopy with Dr. M on February 23, 2012 to hopefully remove and endocervical cyst or polyp. --- no cyst or polyp, but endocervical folds were found that are most probably damage from a cerclage from my previous pregnancy. The folds cannot be removed but should not effect implantation.

Phone consult booked with Dr. Librach, a reproductive immunologist, to explore possible immune issues. (Feb. 16, 2012) rescheduled for February 28th, 2012. Dr. Librach said that I most probably have immune issue based on my history and symptoms. With next transfer I will be:-Having an intralipid infusion,-using steroids-Using baby aspirin-Praying that it works!And traveling back and forth from Toronto for treatments along with cycling at MFC.

FET #2
Started Estrace April 9, 2012
Estimated transfer date: April 26, 2012
CYCLE CANCELLED- lining didn't look right even though it grew but only after 16 days

FET #3 (actually FET #2 Take 2)Started Estrace May 9th, 2012- lining not cooperating again :(Cycle cancelled again.

This was our last try before going down a new path...I'm done. My body and soul can't take this anymore.

May 2012: Looking into surrogacy.
June 2012: Now looking for a surrogate
Sept 2012: We may have found the most wonderful surrogate! Keep your fingers crossed after so much heartache (after contacting over 250 surrogates and getting close with about 4 before all contact stopped?)

May 2012: It looks like it is going to be at least 4 more years. Adoption from South Korea has slowed down.

September 2012: South Korea waiting list closed because there are no proposed children. Hopefully things will pick up.

On the waiting list for adoption from Kazakhstan ( looking at a probable 2 year wait.)

October 2012: Called to sign a contract with Alliance Des Familles du Quebec. In Shock! Might be adopting from Kazakstan earlier than anticipated!

November 2012: Waiting for my surrogate to have her sonohystogram.Signed contract with Alliance Des Familles du Quebec and opened file with SAI.

Starting home study in January 2013.So, right now, it seems like its always all or nothing! Pursuing surrogacy (in the screening stage/pre-contract) and international adoption from Kazakhstan. I'm praying that we will choose the right path. I'm so conflicted and don't know what to do.

Adoption process on pause.

Surrogacy journey: Amazing surrogate passed psych and cleared medically. We will be meeting with dr. M to make plan.

May 2013: Getting ready for FET in a May. I high quality blast to my surrogate. BFN

Took the summer 2013 off.

November 2013: Ovarian stimulation -7 follicles. Only 1 egg :( Possible ET to GS Friday November 29, 2013. NOPE. EGG was abnormal.

April 4, 2014: Last cycle with incredible surrogate ended with a BFN

April 28, 2014: Submitted file for home study. Collecting documents to complete my file.

August 2014: Still waiting for home study...

Starting home study soon! Stay tuned...

#3 Lucretia

Lucretia
  • Cyclebase
  • 623 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

Hi Lisa,
Great news for the FET. When do you plan to do it? Are you going to transfer 1 blast or 2? I wish I had some frozen embies from my IVF#1..
As far as I know FET doesn't require much medication, right?

#4 GratefulMommy

GratefulMommy
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

Hi Lucretia,
A FET is pretty simple. Only Estrace and then progesterone. I'm going to be adding steroids (medrol) this cycle because of possible immune issues. It's so much easier than an IVF cycle. We will proably be transferring both blasts, but I'll find out more on the 26th.

I used menopur for an IUI cycle and I remembering it stinging so much. I also had reactions to repronex and orgalutran. I would get a huge welt at the injection site that is apparently a common side effect.
Good luck!

Where do I start?

I have an irregularly shaped uterus, I have had a uterine septum removed, I have an endocervical folds that are most probably causing persistent fluid in my uterus, I had chronic endometritis for over a year, a luteal phase defect, I had two dermoid cysts (benign tumours the size of oranges) on my ovaries removed, I am MTHFR heterozygous, and have been told that I may have an "egg quality" issue.You name it, I've got it :(

June 2010: Started at McGill. Transferred to Montreal Reproductive Center- had a horrible experience Switched to Montreal Fertility Center- So happy there!

IVF #1-
short protocolER: April 21/11- 8 eggs, 7 mature 5 embryosOn day 3: 4x4 cell grade 2 and 1x2 cell grade 15 day transfer of 1 blast on April 26/11 (two surprise blast frosties)

July 2011:Persistent chronic endometritis (endometrial inflammation from a complication post c-section) finally cured!

FET #1:

IVF #2-
short protocol againER: Oct. 5/11- 13 eggs collected, 11 mature and fertilized2DPER- : 11 embryos were grades 2&3 and 2,3,4 and 5 cells
Two blast frosties

Operative hysteroscopy with Dr. M on February 23, 2012 to hopefully remove and endocervical cyst or polyp. --- no cyst or polyp, but endocervical folds were found that are most probably damage from a cerclage from my previous pregnancy. The folds cannot be removed but should not effect implantation.

Phone consult booked with Dr. Librach, a reproductive immunologist, to explore possible immune issues. (Feb. 16, 2012) rescheduled for February 28th, 2012. Dr. Librach said that I most probably have immune issue based on my history and symptoms. With next transfer I will be:-Having an intralipid infusion,-using steroids-Using baby aspirin-Praying that it works!And traveling back and forth from Toronto for treatments along with cycling at MFC.

FET #2
CYCLE CANCELLED- lining didn't look right even though it grew but only after 16 days

FET #3 (actually FET #2 Take 2)Started Estrace May 9th, 2012- lining not cooperating again :(Cycle cancelled again.

This was our last try before going down a new path...I'm done. My body and soul can't take this anymore.

Sept 2012: We may have found the most wonderful surrogate! Keep your fingers crossed after so much heartache (after contacting over 250 surrogates and getting close with about 4 before all contact stopped?)

May 2012: It looks like it is going to be at least 4 more years. Adoption from South Korea has slowed down.

September 2012: South Korea waiting list closed because there are no proposed children. Hopefully things will pick up.

On the waiting list for adoption from Kazakhstan ( looking at a probable 2 year wait.)

October 2012: Called to sign a contract with Alliance Des Familles du Quebec. In Shock! Might be adopting from Kazakstan earlier than anticipated!

November 2012: Waiting for my surrogate to have her sonohystogram.Signed contract with Alliance Des Familles du Quebec and opened file with SAI.

Starting home study in January 2013.So, right now, it seems like its always all or nothing! Pursuing surrogacy (in the screening stage/pre-contract) and international adoption from Kazakhstan. I'm praying that we will choose the right path. I'm so conflicted and don't know what to do.

Surrogacy journey: Amazing surrogate passed psych and cleared medically. We will be meeting with dr. M to make plan.

May 2013: Getting ready for FET in a May. I high quality blast to my surrogate. BFN

November 2013: Ovarian stimulation -7 follicles. Only 1 egg :( Possible ET to GS Friday November 29, 2013. NOPE. EGG was abnormal.

April 28, 2014: Submitted file for home study. Collecting documents to complete my file.

#5 Lucretia

Lucretia
  • Cyclebase
  • 623 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

Thanks, Lisa!

If you don't mind me asking, how are you going to convince Dr M to transfer 2 blasts, he seems to be very strict with the number of embryo transferred?

Wonder why there aren't more ladies in this forum, I see so many of us in the waiting room in the clinic...

#6 GratefulMommy

GratefulMommy
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

Hi Lucretia,
I have so many uterine issues and I guess with three failures with good blasts, that Dr. Mahutte felt that it would be beneficial to transfer two. Plus, it's a frozen cycle which has a lower success rate. I'm not sure that he would transfer two for an IVF.

Glad the ultrasound went well :)

Where do I start?

IVF #1-

FET #1:

IVF #2-
Two blast frosties

FET #2

#7 Lucretia

Lucretia
  • Cyclebase
  • 623 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:46 AM

Good luck on your appointment on Monday, Lisa, hopefully you will hear the news you are looking for Posted Image I think that with 2 blast, although it is a FET, the chance is still pretty good Posted Image

#8 GratefulMommy

GratefulMommy
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:45 AM

That's great Lucretia.
I hate ER! I always find it so painful.
Good luck!
Where do I start?

IVF #1-

FET #1:

IVF #2-
Two blast frosties

FET #2

#9 Lucretia

Lucretia
  • Cyclebase
  • 623 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

Thanks, Lisa!
Yes, my first ER was quite painful as well.

#10 Lucretia

Lucretia
  • Cyclebase
  • 623 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

how did the appointment go, Lisa? When are you starting the Estrace?

#11 GratefulMommy

GratefulMommy
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:56 PM

Hi Lucretia,
I call on CD 1 for a scan on CD3 and then I will start the Esteace and Medrol.
So, I have about a week to wait until AF show up.

How are you doing?
Where do I start?

IVF #1-

FET #1:

IVF #2-
Two blast frosties

FET #2

#12 Chellie85

Chellie85
  • Global 100+
  • 151 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Montreal fertility center

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

Hi ladies,

I was hoping I could join :) I've been with mfc since august 2011. After 3 failed iuis, we are moving on to ivf. I was supposed to start last week but ended up having to sit this cycle out, due to a cyst on my right ovary.
Me-28 dh-33
TTC: 2010
DX: PCOS/mild mfi
3 failed iui (femara 7.5)
Ivf/icsi 1:May 2012 ER 12 eggs. 8 fertilized. ET 1 9 cell 3dt- BFN
Ivf/icsi 2:Sept 2012 ER 21 eggs. 12 fertilized. ET 1 8 cell 3dt- BFN
Ivf/icsi 3:Feb 2013 ER 11 eggs. 4 fertilized. No blasts. Cycle cancelled
Ivf/icsi 4:Sept 2013 ER 21 eggs. 15 fertilized. ET 2 blasts -BFP!!! EDD may 27 2014
Beta #1 9/18: 618Beta #2 9/20: 1237
U/S oct 2: It's TWINS

#13 GratefulMommy

GratefulMommy
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

Hi Chellie!
I'm waiting for AF to come to do a FET.

:)
Where do I start?

IVF #1-

FET #1:

IVF #2-
Two blast frosties

FET #2

#14 Chellie85

Chellie85
  • Global 100+
  • 151 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

Hi Lisa!
I hope af shows up soon and you get your bpf this cycle :) I'm super nervous about going through with ivf. DR.m had initially told us he believed iui would work, so ivf had never came up (and I'd never really thought about it). I'm trying to stay positive and I'm taking this month to try to lose a few pounds and get ready. How are you holding up?
Me-28 dh-33
Ivf/icsi 4:Sept 2013 ER 21 eggs. 15 fertilized. ET 2 blasts -BFP!!! EDD may 27 2014

#15 Lucretia

Lucretia
  • Cyclebase
  • 623 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

Hi Chellie, welcome :)
I am sorry that the iui didn't work and that you have to wait because of a cyst, hopefully the preparations that you will do this month will help you achieve the desired result next month :)
Hi Lisa, how are you doing?

#16 GratefulMommy

GratefulMommy
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

Hi ladies,
I'm doing ok. Still waiting for AF.
How are you doing Lucretia?
Chellie, I've had a cyst that has delayed a cycle. Before you know it AF will be here and you will be starting your cycle. I was really nervous before my first Ivf but once you are going through it, it's not that bad.
Have a great night!
Where do I start?

IVF #1-

FET #1:

IVF #2-
Two blast frosties

FET #2

#17 Lucretia

Lucretia
  • Cyclebase
  • 623 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:59 PM

hi ladies,
I am in the 2ww and strangely I am not nervous or anxious as during my first IVF. I am just taking it easy and being very positive...Whatever happens, happens is my new motto lol
Lisa, AF always takes her sweet time when you actually want her to show up, ain't she Posted Image

#18 GratefulMommy

GratefulMommy
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

I agree Lucretia!
FX and lots of baby dust!!!
When is your beta?

Where do I start?

IVF #1-

FET #1:

IVF #2-
Two blast frosties

FET #2

#19 Chellie85

Chellie85
  • Global 100+
  • 151 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

Lisa-thx for support :) if af doesn't show by the 20th, I have my prescription for provera.

Lucretia-I'm sending you tons of baby dust. I hope this is your month

I had my 1st acupuncture session today. Whether or not it actually helps with the ivf, Im still skeptical. I did feel very relaxed afterwards

Have a good night, ladies.
Me-28 dh-33

#20 GratefulMommy

GratefulMommy
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

I love acupuncture! I was going regularly for my two IVFs and my FET. I stopped going after my last IVF but I want to start up again with this FET. You can even have your acupuncturist come and do a session before and after your IVF right at the clinic.

Where do I start?

IVF #1-

FET #1:

IVF #2-
Two blast frosties

FET #2

#21 Lucretia

Lucretia
  • Cyclebase
  • 623 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

Thank you Lisa and Chellie Posted Image
I've never done acupuncture, but I imagine even if it doesn't help - it wont hurt! What wouldn't we do to get pregnant! I am chewing a pineapple right now and if nothing else - it is delicious :) Before the ER I did some fertility yoga (at home) and it felt good. But I would kill for a coffee right now. I am thinking mochachino for later today when I go out??
I am not a patient person so I won't wait until beta but will start POAS as soon as Sunday - 4 long days till then...So much for me not being anxious - 2ww is truly a Hell.
How are you doing in this sunny day?

#22 Chellie85

Chellie85
  • Global 100+
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

I never discussed acupuncture with either REs. it's just something I heard alot about and decided to try. Now I'm thinking maybe I should've said something? I'm seeing frank (he's right across the street from mfc). I loooooove pineapple. Is it supposed to help with fertility? I might just start eating more of it :)

I always drive myself and my dh crazy during the 2ww. I google everything I feel or see and it always says its a pregnancy symptom. I can usually hold off testing until 12dpo.
Me-28 dh-33

#23 GratefulMommy

GratefulMommy
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

Hi Chellie and Lucretia,

Chellie, I go to Frank too. Maybe We'll run into each other at his clinic. I stopped going but I am going to start up again. Did frank move yet? I think that he was moving his clinic down the street. Dr. Mahutte and Dr. Ouhulal both support acupuncture and provide a room for the session before or after ET.

Lucretia, I'm sending lots of baby dust your way!!!

Still no AF on my end...
Where do I start?

IVF #1-

FET #1:

IVF #2-
Two blast frosties

FET #2

#24 Chellie85

Chellie85
  • Global 100+
  • 151 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

I went to see frank at the vendome clinic on the 3rd floor. I love the fact that he's right across the street from mfc and a 5 minute drive from work. I have another appt next Tuesday at 5.

Lisa-any signs of af showing up yet?

Lucretia-how are you holding up? Only a few days left until testing time!!!

I hope af shows up on its own this time. Do you know when the clinic closes for summer vacation? I'm starting to worry. If af doesn't show up on its own (which it usually doesn't) I'll have to take provera for 10 days, which means my cycle will only start around may 4th. I don't know if I'll have enough time for an ivf treatment.
Me-28 dh-33

#25 GratefulMommy

GratefulMommy
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

Chellie,
I think that Dr. Mahutte said that the clinic would close in June, but he did not have a date yet. I think that the clinic was closed for 6 weeks last summer.
I think that Frank may be moving in May down the street almost directly in front if the MFC building.
Still not AF here either...
Where do I start?

IVF #1-

FET #1:

IVF #2-
Two blast frosties

FET #2