Has anyone used California Conceptions? - US West - IVF.ca Forums

Photo

Has anyone used California Conceptions?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 dexter229

dexter229
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy keeping in shape with physical fitness. I play ice hockey in the winter and ball hockey in the summer. I also enjoy camping, travelling and spending time with my amazing family. My dream is to give my beautiful daughter a sibling to laugh and grow with.
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:AART

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:50 AM

Just wondering if anyone has travelled to California Conceptions in Davis, CA?

Me 36, DH 45
TTC#1 2002
DH Varicocele surgery 2003
Clomid 50mg October 2005 BFP!
DD born 07/09/06 6lb13ounces
TTC#2 06/10
Diagnosed High FSH ranges between 10-14
Multiple clomid cycles 50-100mg- all bfn
Clomid/IUI 03/11 bfn
COH/IUI 09/11 bfn
Clomid 12/11 BFP!
Baby only measured 5w6d at 11w ultrasound
Diagnosed missed miscarraige
Misopristol 02/14/12
....trying to figure out whats next...
BFP 06/12 !!
EDD 02/16/12

Baby boy Ryan born Feb 19/2013!!

#2 Odessa

Odessa
  • 1000+
  • 1493 posts
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:30 AM

I just went through their donor program.

-Cycle History in About Me Page- 8 IVFs + 2 Frozen tx- All BFNs / 2012 DE cycle- BFP / March 2013 DE cycle- BFN / Apr. 2014 DE cycle- BFN / Oct. 2014 DE cycle- BFN / Aug. 2017 DE cycle- BFP

#3 dexter229

dexter229
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy keeping in shape with physical fitness. I play ice hockey in the winter and ball hockey in the summer. I also enjoy camping, travelling and spending time with my amazing family. My dream is to give my beautiful daughter a sibling to laugh and grow with.

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

Hi Odessa. Did you have to fly down for an initial consult or did you just make the one trip for the transfer? I was looking into their donor embryo program but I am wondering how many trips I would have to make down there to get started. Did you just fill out the profile form online and then they contacted you? Thanks for the help, by the way....oh what is triple stripe. I keep seeing this on peoples profiles and not sure what it means...

Me 36, DH 45
TTC#1 2002
TTC#2 06/10
Clomid/IUI 03/11 bfn
COH/IUI 09/11 bfn
Clomid 12/11 BFP!
Misopristol 02/14/12
BFP 06/12 !!
EDD 02/16/12

#4 Odessa

Odessa
  • 1000+
  • 1493 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

You fill out the online profile first. They then contact you and set up a phone consult with a RE. You have to fly there twice. The first is for a saline u/s and psychologist appointment with your partner. If all is well you will start your meds and then travel there again in about a month. You are required to stay there approx. 6 -7 days during transfer time.

Not exactly sure what a triple stripe lining is but I know it is the ideal lining for transfer.

-Cycle History in About Me Page- 8 IVFs + 2 Frozen tx- All BFNs / 2012 DE cycle- BFP / March 2013 DE cycle- BFN / Apr. 2014 DE cycle- BFN / Oct. 2014 DE cycle- BFN / Aug. 2017 DE cycle- BFP

#5 dexter229

dexter229
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:28 AM

Thanks Odessa. I really have CC on my list of options to proceed with in the near future. I plan on trying on my own for another year and then making a decision (that is the plan for now, maybe I will win the lottery in the meantime). Do you mind if I ask you more about CC? Were they friendly? Did the donor profiles include pictures? Did you do the guarantee program? Were there any hidden fees that you werent expecting? ...hmmm...I also thought about if they have a fee for just one embryo transfer, not guarantee program and how much it was. Any info you can give me is extremely appreciated .Oh, how long were you waiting for a match once you sent your profile? Thanks, Tracy

Me 36, DH 45
TTC#1 2002
TTC#2 06/10
Clomid/IUI 03/11 bfn
COH/IUI 09/11 bfn
Clomid 12/11 BFP!
Misopristol 02/14/12
BFP 06/12 !!
EDD 02/16/12

#6 Odessa

Odessa
  • 1000+
  • 1493 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:27 AM

Thanks Odessa. I really have CC on my list of options to proceed with in the near future. I plan on trying on my own for another year and then making a decision (that is the plan for now, maybe I will win the lottery in the meantime).

Do you mind if I ask you more about CC?
I am happy to answer any questions you have :)

Were they friendly?
Very! I have cycled at 5 different clinics and they (the whole staff) were top notch.

Did the donor profiles include pictures?
No it is completely anonymous.

Did you do the guarantee program?
Yes, but I can't really comment on it because I have only been through 1 transfer.

Were there any hidden fees that you werent expecting?
No. The only other cost is the saline u/s, it is $350.

...hmmm...I also thought about if they have a fee for just one embryo transfer, not guarantee program and how much it was.
Not sure.

Any info you can give me is extremely appreciated .Oh, how long were you waiting for a match once you sent your profile?
It was less than 2 months. I was told usually within 3 months but that depends on when they have embryos available.

Thanks, Tracy

#7 West

West

Miracle does happen!

• Global 100+
  • 212 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Northern California (Roseville)

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:45 PM

Dexter! We did our ivf with donor egg at northern California fertility clinic, we are very happy with their service, plus I am 7 w pregnant with triplets, keep fingers crossed for safe pg, anyways there are several clinic with donor profile pictures/in for you to choose, we have a copy of our donor profile,including pic when she is a baby, etc. we only flew there once but stayed a month there, it all worth it, we made a vacation out of it :-), if you have any questions, I don't mind help. Good luck!

Me 46 DH 49
1997 Early miscarriage from natural pg
#1 IVF failed in Calgary, Alberta, Bfn.
#2nd ivf, bfn.Gave up hope!

#3rd Ivf Feb 2012 DE In Southern California Fertility Clinics
Feb 12th 3 embryos frozen, 2 5 day transfer

1st U/S@ 6 week we are having TRIPLETS, two embryos transfered, one splitted to two.
2nd U/S at 7 week, we lost #3 baby, now I am pregnant with TWIN not triplets :-(
3rd U/S at 12 week, twins are doing great !
4th U/S @ 18 week June 1st- twins are doing great!!We found out it is a BOY and a BOY!!

EDD - Oct 30th 2012, C-section schedule beginning of Oct.

July 20-admitted to hospital , 52 days bed rest at hospital - cervic dilated 2cm, bleeding.

Sep.3rd baby A ( breech) broke his water.
Sep.9th C-section due to infection at 32 weeks + 5 days. Twins are both very healthy, no breathing assist needed.
Boy A: 3lbs 5 oz
Boy B: 3lbs 3 oz
Our DREAM came true! Still can not believe it !!
Posted Image

#8 restless

restless
  • 25 posts
  • My Clinic:halifax

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

Hi Odessa,

Where did you stay when at CC ? Was it easy to make your way around there - I am checking out CC too !
I tend to worry about some of the small things like what airport you need to fly to etc. being unfamilair with a place etc. Trip planning...
The donor profile info that you received was it enough info that you felt comfortable about making a decision ?
Restless

#9 Gretta

Gretta
  • 58 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:17 AM

I have never been to the clinic, but have lived in the area my whole life. You would fly into Sacramento international airport. I may be able to help with any location questions.

#10 restless

restless
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:31 AM

Hi Gretta,

Thank you I appreciate the help. When big things are going on I worry about small details sometimes. Also I may have to take some trips by myself and I am not exactly a world traveller. usually once I plan things out well it tends to work out ok.

Restless

#11 Odessa

Odessa
  • 1000+
  • 1493 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

Hi Odessa,

Where did you stay when at CC ? Was it easy to make your way around there - I am checking out CC too !
I tend to worry about some of the small things like what airport you need to fly to etc. being unfamilair with a place etc. Trip planning...
The donor profile info that you received was it enough info that you felt comfortable about making a decision ?
Restless

Hi Restless,

We stayed at the Days Inn, only 5-7 min. drive from the clinic. It was only $36 a night(including hot breakfast) through hotels.com and was very nice. There are 2 other hotels right near the clinic for between $80-$100 a night. We used public transit every where we went. You fly into Sacramento airport and there is shuttles or buses that will take you to Davis. I was surprised how much info we got on the profiles (about 30+ pages). I am happy to answer any other questions you have.

#12 restless

restless
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

Hi Odessa,
Thank you for the helpful info. That is great. A great price at days inn.
I would prefer to not have to rent a car if I can get away with it.
I am looking forward to getting my
Process going.I am encouraged by
Relatively short match wait times.
Restless