are there success stories(BFP)@clinic - Montreal Reproductive Centre - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

are there success stories(BFP)@clinic

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 connief

connief
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

Hello

Has anyone had success at the Montreal Reproductive Center? The last comments date back to 2011. i was wondering if anyone has had more recent experiences.

If so, can you please tell me what it was like. are they more organized? have they obtained their licence for IVF? Has anyone gotten a BFP after IUI?

thank you for your replies.

best regards,

Connief

#2 lisar

lisar
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Montreal Reproductive Center

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

Hi there,

I don't have a success story (yet) with MRC, but I have been very happy there so far. Dr. Tan has been so helpful, and he is clearly motivated to do whatever he can, within reason, so that we have success. He is willing to explore protocols even outside of the ones that he typically uses. He is up on the new research and is very open to alternative medication which can both improve odds of success and improve one's own well-being while going through the hell that is infertility. He is extremely knowledgeable and hard-working, and although he is unafraid to be realistic about one's odds, he tends to be optimistic b/c he has so much knowledge at his fingertips that he knows what options there are, and he's willing to fight for his patients.

I know that one "issue" with his clinic is that wait times can be long, especially to meet with Dr. Tan. However, in my experience, this is b/c he takes his time with patients and answers any questions they may have, and makes sure the plan forward makes sense and that everyone on his staff who need to be notified are notified before the patient leaves.

Speaking of his staff, they are top-notch as well, in my opinion. Dr. Mumcu (Alper) is great, the nurses are wonderful (Natasha, Ofelia, Natalie), and his receptionists (e.g., Stephanie) are always welcoming, helpful, and kind.

Again, even though I haven't officially had 'success' there yet, I feel like if I'm going to have it, it will be there. I am very thankful to Dr. Tan for all he's done thus far.

Best of luck!
Me: 36 DOR (AFC usually 7-8, AMH .18)
Husband: 35, low count, morphology, motility, etc. due to varicocele

IVF #1 (McGill) Microdose Flare, 6 eggs, 4 mature, 2 fertilized, 1 Grade 2 transferred on Day 3. BFN

IVF #2 (MFC) Antagonist, 11 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 Grade 1 + 2 transferred on Day 3. BFN

IVF #3 (MRC) Antagonist, 8 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, on ice b/c of high progesterone. 5 day FET in September. BFP! First ever! Strong Beta! Fingers crossed, prayers being made for all to be okay...

#3 lisar

lisar
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Montreal Reproductive Center

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

Update!

After 2 months of delay due to intrauterine fluid, etc., I had my transfer on September 9th. I just found out yesterday that I am pregnant!! And the numbers look good.

I am a fighter, and I know my will and determination helped, but I cannot begin to say enough about Dr. Tan and his team. They are top-notch. I couldn't have asked for more knowledgeable, caring people to have had in my army.

I highly, highly recommend them!
  • Myrtle likes this
Me: 36 DOR (AFC usually 7-8, AMH .18)
Husband: 35, low count, morphology, motility, etc. due to varicocele

IVF #1 (McGill) Microdose Flare, 6 eggs, 4 mature, 2 fertilized, 1 Grade 2 transferred on Day 3. BFN

IVF #2 (MFC) Antagonist, 11 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 Grade 1 + 2 transferred on Day 3. BFN

IVF #3 (MRC) Antagonist, 8 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, on ice b/c of high progesterone. 5 day FET in September. BFP! First ever! Strong Beta! Fingers crossed, prayers being made for all to be okay...